Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold istrategist is a splendid one to behold
Default Same boat

I am in a similar timeframe - my PD will be current in April (next week).
Being in the same boat, all I can say is ... hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_Green9 View Post
My priority date is in DEC, 2002 and hope fully it is going to be current in the next VISA bulletin. Exact date is 13th Dec 2002.

Any one is in the same date region from EB3-I?

Can you please post your approvals (EB3-I - Nov/Dec 2002)?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtummala View Post
what bill ??
I think he was referring to the CIR that's being talked about by everyone. I doubt that CIR will affect anything for this FY since no bill is out there in the committees yet. Even if a bill gets into a committee next week, it will have to go through hearings and floor debates. House is a much more delicate stage than the Senate with passing a CIR bill. With the summer recess looming over the timeframe, I don't think this bill will pass after the recess given that it gives a chance for anti-immigration lobby to rally the troops (similar to what happened during healthcare debate recess). The best chance for CIR will be before Memorial day. Every day it drags on beyond that, it becomes harder, not necessarily dead, but a lot harder to rally support for the bill. Once we get into the next calendar year, this initiative will essentially be dead until November's midterm elections because of electoral compulsions. If Dems can win the house back in 2014, they have no incentive to pass the immigration reform since it gives them another reason to keep it alive for 2016 for Clinton/Biden. If GOP wins the House and gains majority in the Senate back from Dems, then they feel that this whole exercise was taking the party in the wrong direction and will drop it. So either way, 2014 elections will not offer a better path.

The best time for CIR is now.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

If USCIS is indeed starting to apply the 2012 FB spillover starting in May, then we should see some movement for EB2-I...atleast to the order of an additional ~300 visa numbers.

If the PD for EB2-I doesn't change but EB2-C becomes current, then we can be assured of movement in June VB.

Hopefully, Monday brings more than just DD .. hoping for a CIR bill (or atleast elements of it that are acceptable to all parties) to be unveiled by the Gang of 8.

Old 04-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute GCHope2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Honestly - our participation to do anything about our situation is abysmal

Folks - take this as a rant from someone who has been there and done that - I find that the "GC Wait" community to be pathetically abysmal about doing anything about our own situation.

And before I am flamed, I am not specifically referring to the posters in the forum here. The posters here at least have taken the first step to become knowledgeable about the whole mess. I am more saddened by the legions of people stuck, but living in their own la-la-land (or wherever they think they are living).

I know many people in EB2 and EB3, who have been waiting for 5-10 years now, whom I have specifically told them about IV and have even told them about their need to participate and raise their voice. But they continue to live in their current world - too busy to do anything to support advocacy or to do even join the movement.

Any ideas on how to drive the rest of the waiting folks, who are not participating, even now?
RFE: BC in 2009/ Proof of Employment Authorization on July 8th, 2011
Greened on 07/16/2011
Cards Received on 07/21/2011

Old 04-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute Chandini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Demand data out

http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/Empl...utOffDates.pdf

Any movement for EB3 ????

Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of BZA has much to be proud of
Default Any predictions for EB2 this year?

Any predictions for EB2 this year?

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandini View Post
I guess 2 weeks. Hopefully EB3 ROW wont be current this month. The later the better for EB3I to get some spill in September.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute
Default last quarter spill over might bring it to end 2007.....

Since spillover is applied in the final quarter I won't expect any movement until then. Even then looking at the numbers it looks like best case scenario will be jan 1 2008 for this year.

As mentioned by IV core before USCIS has a full pipeline to work with for the next few years so any major forward movement under the current scheme of things seem to be negligible. Also as the economy continues to improve spillover numbers will shrink over the years.
Only hope is getting some sort of bill passed..........else it will continue to be a long bleak path ahead.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCHope2011 View Post
Folks - take this as a rant from someone who has been there and done that - I find that the "GC Wait" community to be pathetically abysmal about doing anything about our own situation.

And before I am flamed, I am not specifically referring to the posters in the forum here. The posters here at least have taken the first step to become knowledgeable about the whole mess. I am more saddened by the legions of people stuck, but living in their own la-la-land (or wherever they think they are living).

I know many people in EB2 and EB3, who have been waiting for 5-10 years now, whom I have specifically told them about IV and have even told them about their need to participate and raise their voice. But they continue to live in their current world - too busy to do anything to support advocacy or to do even join the movement.

Any ideas on how to drive the rest of the waiting folks, who are not participating, even now?
Its great to know, that even after getting gc two years back, you are visiting this site! The people in the lalala land, even after you spend talking half an hour, explaining on how long the wait times could turn out to be, how we are affected, and how he/she is affected, all you get is a big nod, and "yeah, its all so crappy, don't see any light at the end of the tunnel, what to do, ehh..lets wait and see..chalo cofee peeney"

I have grown so tired of these talks, that I don't open my mouth about it at all to them nowadays.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about

May Visa Bulletin (INDIA)
------------------------

EB2 - 01SEP04

EB3 - 22DEC02

Old 04-10-2013, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
moviedhamaka is on a distinguished road
Question Prediction or actuals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by indio0617 View Post
May Visa Bulletin (INDIA)
------------------------

EB2 - 01SEP04

EB3 - 22DEC02
Is this your prediction OR you got the bulletin somehow? Please share link if its latter.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
moviedhamaka is on a distinguished road

May bulletin
Visa Bulletin For May 2013

Old 04-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yay

Finally I am current in the May bulliten

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedhamaka View Post
Except for India and Philippines the Jul 2007 barrier has been broken for EB3 and fresh intake has started.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Except for India and Philippines the Jul 2007 barrier has been broken for EB3 and fresh intake has started.
Two things popped in my mind when I saw the 1-DEC-2007 date:
  1. Halting porting from EB3 - while there is very little of this happening from non-EB3-I, it does quite a lot to put a rest of that activity.
  2. Refilling the pipeline - just like with EB2-I Q1 of last fiscal, the sudden and large movement for EB3 now will fill up the fading demand and provide a steady pipeline for future use...even if it means there will be some retrogression down the road to adjust for the demand. It helps also to get all these folks get an EAD and get a bit of move on with their professional lives.