Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute

The dramatic jump in EB3 is really good news overall. Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2008
Compare
2ndJuly can only hope to improve
Default EB2-EB3 priority date

I have a feeling last year there was a huge number porting from EB3 to EB2 for India. Because all EB3-I candidates between 2003-2008 have more than 5 Yrs exp. This is why EB3 date has moved beyond expectations. In the coming months, I won't be surprised to see further forward movement of EB3 priority dates.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute gvenkat has a reputation beyond repute

And the spillover from Eb2/EB3 china helped EB3-I i think. Atleast according to the demand data.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
H1B_CIVIL_ENGINEER will become famous soon enough H1B_CIVIL_ENGINEER will become famous soon enough
Default Lucky guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1B_CIVIL_ENGINEER View Post
With so much porting going on, shouldn't EB3-I jump, too? I would think that if the EB-2 dates are being held in 2004 due to high porting, EB3-I should eventually jump forward by 6 months due to the same reason. Just my random musing, not based on any data.
This thread has 440 pages. I wonder if some admins can delete (or archive) everything but the first and last 2 pages. Who cares about the rest?
EB3 did jump by more than 6 months, although for different reasons possibly.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by H1B_CIVIL_ENGINEER View Post
EB3 did jump by more than 6 months, although for different reasons possibly.
I think it is combination of

1) Eb 3 to Eb 2 Porting
2) EB 3 row spillover

eb 3 DATES for ROW have gone up.DOS also states the same thing.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-17-2007
Compare
kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of
Default Sudden Jump

Can experts (Teddy) weigh in why the dates have jumped the way they have done?

Old 08-19-2013, 11:30 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute The WalL has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not Teddy, but the dates moved because the spillover numbers need to be used up by 9/30/2013 for EB. The only way to do that is to move the PDs and approve cases which become current and apply the numbers DoS says it have available.

With porting, there is double counting of the data. So many EB3-I folks who may have gained GC by porting to EB2 are still counted in the EB3-I data since their dates aren't/weren't current in that category. When it becomes current, the data may be updated to reflect the true waiting applications.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute
Default Interesting

Now your mention of "double data counting" is interesting since there is a trend in the dates for China too.
Their EB3 has actually shot ahead of EB2 by almost 2 years. Just reminds me of everyone trying to get into the adjacent fast lane in traffic and eventually both lanes pretty much normalizing. With EB2-India dates going all the way back to Sep 2004 previously and EB3 now jumping to end 2003 seems to be showing a closing gap.
Fresh demand data will be interesting especially if we see retrogression in EB2(and to what point) again by the end of the year. Will the 2 lanes finally land up being closer to each other meaning whoever wanted to port prior to 2004 has already done so..........also how much new demand the dates having moved rapidly has generated will be interesting.

Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The WalL View Post
I'm not Teddy, but the dates moved because the spillover numbers need to be used up by 9/30/2013 for EB. The only way to do that is to move the PDs and approve cases which become current and apply the numbers DoS says it have available.

With porting, there is double counting of the data. So many EB3-I folks who may have gained GC by porting to EB2 are still counted in the EB3-I data since their dates aren't/weren't current in that category. When it becomes current, the data may be updated to reflect the true waiting applications.
Thanks buddy Iam also one ordinary guy like you. My personal take is that the dates for all categories have been pushed forward quite generously so as to use all available numbers.
For EB3 especially the main reason is that the EB3 ROW demand pipeline is lean even after the date movements in the previous bulletins so those are the numbers that EB3 India and China may stand to gain. If everyone current in September gets approved it would be very good otherwise letís hope for maximum possible approvals, at some point in September all numbers will get exhausted similar to what happens every year.

Old 08-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute adheet has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Teddy & Others,
Firstly, a big thanks for all the wealth of information being shared on this site. It's probable that the answer to my below question can be searched for within this thread, but I would appreciate a current response:

My priority date is 18 Feb 2003 in the EB3 category. I had applied for 485 in July 2007. I recall fingerprinting being completed around the same time and don't think I got another call for fingerprinting.

- Is it possible that I am asked to undergo fingerprinting again or perform any other actions?
- What is the site where I would register and be able to check the status of my 485 approval?
- Can I perform any actions that will trigger action on my case?

Thanks so much.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by larun View Post
Hoping that the following statement will be true or will be better than this
NewsFlash! February 2008 Best Case Estimate for EB2 India ę Murthy Law Firm : U.S. Immigration Law

Are there chances that dates will retrogress after Aug/Sept 2013 for EB 2?

Regards

See what happened to Murthy's estimate and same for all other so called pundits!

I think our folks here know much more than these high rolling lawyers..

Donated: $100 so far.
Done AI for HR3012 as well/Do.
Donated 11K airlines miles

Old 08-20-2013, 07:21 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation We are our choices

During the course of our journey, we all often come to a point where we have to make an important choice. This time, the choice is between standing up for ourselves, or, abetting the status quo by keeping quiet/not participating. Yes, this is the clear choice in front of you.

The threat of unresolved long backlogs is real. The danger of the House of Representatives not adequately fixing green card backlogs is grave. As much as we value our jobs, careers and the future of our families, we all know too well that long backlogs are the most significant threat to every opportunity that will come our way.

With such a clear choice, the question is - where do you stand? Please ask this question and listen to your heart. You can make a difference. We are all potentially capable of making that difference, but only if we make the right choice.

We ask you to come to Washington, DC to speak with lawmakers and tell them in over 350 meetings that we need more green cards. And although we would very much prefer for you to be to be there, however, if for some reason you are unable to make it, you can still express yourself with your contribution. Your contributions are a form of speech which will help us to assist other willing members to come to Washington, DC for participating in the most consequential advocacy event.

In case you are unable to make it, here is how you can stand-up for yourself:
  • Contribute to sponsor and assist another willing IV member to represent us at the meeting with Member of Congress
  • Donate airline miles / points

We look forward to seeing you on September 7 - 10.

Thank You,
Team IV

Last edited by The Alchemist; 08-20-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:42 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Thanks buddy Iam also one ordinary guy like you. My personal take is that the dates for all categories have been pushed forward quite generously so as to use all available numbers.
For EB3 especially the main reason is that the EB3 ROW demand pipeline is lean even after the date movements in the previous bulletins so those are the numbers that EB3 India and China may stand to gain. If everyone current in September gets approved it would be very good otherwise letís hope for maximum possible approvals, at some point in September all numbers will get exhausted similar to what happens every year.
Can you or anyone confirm if there was a spillover from EB3ROW to India? Is any lawyer saying yes or no to it?

If there is a spillover it is against the law. Spillover to EB3 India cannot happen until EB3ROW is current. EB3ROW are unaware about this if it has happened to them. It is good for Indians who are backlogged but would have been good if CO had clarified.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Can you or anyone confirm if there was a spillover from EB3ROW to India? Is any lawyer saying yes or no to it?

If there is a spillover it is against the law. Spillover to EB3 India cannot happen until EB3ROW is current. EB3ROW are unaware about this if it has happened to them. It is good for Indians who are backlogged but would have been good if CO had clarified.

1) They have to apply the law.So that what they did ? If what they did was wrong,they would be challenged.DOS should clear all doubts about visa bulletin& movement of dates

Old 08-21-2013, 10:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel_gump View Post
Awesome news for EB3 folks. Any reason for this dramatic jump? I hope it is not a typo
My guess is that significant approvals on interfilin cases. Approving one 485 related with interfiling removes two numbers - one from EB2 and one from EB3. Same pattern repeats for associated family members. I think that is the reason we see progression in both EB2-I and EB3 - I. I am hesitant to buy the EB3 Raw sillover theory.