Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2007
Compare
hope49 is on a distinguished road
Default How is Satyam computers to join ?

Hi,
does anyone has experience working with satyam computers as a consultant on H1B ?

Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2008, 07:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
JulyFiler is just really nice JulyFiler is just really nice JulyFiler is just really nice JulyFiler is just really nice

If you havent already seen threads here about how bad the desi employers here in US can be, companies like Satyam, Infosys who are based in India have even worst reputation..they pay indian salaries and expect round the clock work including weekends..and ofcourse no pay..working at McDonalds is probably a better option than these companies...

Old 07-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what you are looking for and what your priorities are:

1) Ask what work you will get? Ask to speak with the team members of the team you will work with and get your role clarified.

2) compensation. How much $$$$ they are paying more wrt current position or wrt other offers you may have in recent future.

3) As someone said correctly, get to know the work culture and the team make sure you don't end up being chained to work.

The advantage is that you can rise quickly (not much competition) & stable job.

So see whats important for you.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/08/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts VivekAhuja is infamous around these parts
Default Depends on...

It all depends on how good you really are. If you are excellent, any company (desi or not) will do anything to keep you.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down Not a Place to discuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt View Post
Depends on what you are looking for and what your priorities are:

1) Ask what work you will get? Ask to speak with the team members of the team you will work with and get your role clarified.

2) compensation. How much $$$$ they are paying more wrt current position or wrt other offers you may have in recent future.

3) As someone said correctly, get to know the work culture and the team make sure you don't end up being chained to work.

The advantage is that you can rise quickly (not much competition) & stable job.

So see whats important for you.
Guys, this forum is not the place to discuss about individual companies. If you have any questions related to immigration to US, you can start a thread for it.
Administrator, please delete this thread.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Satyam used to have the policy of not sponsoring green cards for foreign employees in the US - except under very rare circumstances.

If you have GC plans, then Satyam may not be the place.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Compare
Aah_GC is on a distinguished road

Most Indian companies fall under the same category, it depends on what you want to achieve in your career. It might be a great idea to join a company like Satyam as a senior exec taking on offshoring strategy execution, but if you are looking for a consultant job on H1, the experience might be similar to Infy, Wipro et al. These companies try to exploit their popular brand image in India and talk in terms of offering competitive career path in the USA - but you gotta be smarter than that.

Make sure you ask for - 1) A good deserving salary along with Cost of living benefits 2) Commitment (Written) on GC sponsorship 3) Relocation benefits (if they are going to move you every 6 months, they better pay all of what you incur) 4) The customer you are going to work for and your job responsibilities (for all you know they might get you in as Programmer then make you just coordinate stuff with offshore or "support" their applications onsite; both are big time career killers).

Contributed $700 and made calls to Senators

Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of kaisersose has much to be proud of

Here is my general suggestion. We have a lot of examples to learn from.

A desi consulting company will pay lesser, may not offer challenging work, and may have some weird restrictions in place. On the plus side, they are relatively more stable than American consulting companies when it comes to green card processing as the liklihood of layoffs are lesser.

People on H-1b should not be out to switch employers for a little extra money. Instead, they should look at the big picture and ask themselves what they want. If the GC is in mind, then plan for it now...not when your 6th year is just closing. If there is no interest in the GC, then you can chase money and join the one who pays more money. However, in many such cases, H-1s have eventually changed their minds and pursued GCs, but valuable time is lost as a consequence of not knowing what they really want.

Old 07-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Default i would not

join. I have seen so many friends working daytime at US clients and co-ordinating offshore work to these companies in nighttime and WEs. Plus their projects are mostly short term.... they move you a lot.....

GC processing policies are restricted to only very few Key account managers and marketing managers...

Old 07-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
srini1976 is a name known to all srini1976 is a name known to all srini1976 is a name known to all srini1976 is a name known to all srini1976 is a name known to all srini1976 is a name known to all
Default Never join Satyam, Infosys, TCS or other indian companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulyFiler View Post
If you havent already seen threads here about how bad the desi employers here in US can be, companies like Satyam, Infosys who are based in India have even worst reputation..they pay indian salaries and expect round the clock work including weekends..and ofcourse no pay..working at McDonalds is probably a better option than these companies...
I had a very bad experience working for one of those companies and many more friends had similar experience.
You are absolutely right my friend. And its certainly a better option to work at McDonalds

Last edited by srini1976; 07-09-2008 at 09:16 AM.