Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice
Thumbs up I have received my Ration Card. I mean Green Card.

Hi All,

I have received my Ration Card. I mean Green Card. As said in previous thread, I have yet to be married.

P.S: (I'm sorry if my word "Ration Card' hurts any one. I have used this word for fun.)

1. I-485 was approved on August 06, 2008.
2. Card received on August 11, 2008.

When things work out, they will be super fast. Other wise back logs and issues on top issues.

I have a scheduled travel on August 15, 2008 to India. My I-485 was approved on August 06, 2008.

As you all know, Green Card approval triggers H1-B cancellation. More over I'm scheduled to travel by BRITISH AIRWAYS.

British Airways is one of the few Air Lines, which does not allow any one with out proper H1-B or Green Card (even Transit through - LHR airport ).

I called British Airways customer care. She said, she has no idea on Visa related questions.

So, I have been to Airport and talked to Flight Ground Crew , they said, as long as H1-B physical visa stamped on passport is not canceled (I mean No "Canceled with out prejudice" stamp) , then we can travel via LHR or Paris airports. it does not matter, if you have not received Green Card or still in the mail.

How ever, this would cause an entry into USA on return. You must have an valid Advanced Parole or Physical Green Card to get an entry into USA. Check with your Attorney before you leave USA.

LHR and Paris Airport don't allow to transit through their Airports if you have Temporary Green Card stamp (I-551) to travel.

Temporary Green Card stamp (I-551 ) would trigger physical cancellation of H1-B by the immigration officer at ASC. So, those who are traveling have to be little careful to avoid delays and issues at Airports.

Not many Ticketing Agents have idea on how the whole visa process works while your travel (especially through Paris, LHR airports).

All right guys. This end of my Green Card process. Now the actual tension starts on how to get my future wife to USA.

See, one issue ended and another started now. Let us see, if any forum helps me in this regard.

-- Suresh

Last edited by suresh.emails; 08-12-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/05/2007
Compare
IVBuzz is on a distinguished road

congrats buddy
keep us posted abt ur wife's GC or visa process

Old 08-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
LC2002 will become famous soon enough
Talking Congrats! for Ration card :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh.emails View Post
Hi All,

I have received my Ration Card. I mean Green Card. As said in previous thread, I have yet to be married.

P.S: (I'm sorry if my word "Ration Card' hurts any one. I have used this word for fun.)

When things work out, they will be super fast. Other wise back logs and issues on top issues.

I have a scheduled travel on August 15, 2008 to India. My I-485 was approved on August 06, 2008.

As you all know, Green Card approval triggers H1-B cancellation. More over I'm scheduled to travel by BRITISH AIRWAYS.

British Airways is one of the few Air Lines, which does not allow any one with out proper H1-B or Green Card (even Transit through - LHR airport ).

I called British Airways customer care. She said, she has no idea on Visa related questions.

So, I have been to Airport and talked to Flight Ground Crew , they said, as long as H1-B physical visa stamped on passport is not canceled (I mean No "Canceled with out prejudice" stamp) , then we can travel via LHR or Paris airports. it does not matter, if you have not received Green Card or still in the mail.

How ever, this would cause an entry into USA on return. You must have an valid Advanced Parole or Physical Green Card to get an entry into USA. Check with your Attorney before you leave USA.

LHR and Paris Airport don't allow to transit through their Airports if you have Temporary Green Card stamp (I-551) to travel.

Temporary Green Card stamp (I-551 ) would trigger physical cancellation of H1-B by the immigration officer at ASC. So, those who are traveling have to be little careful to avoid delays and issues at Airports.

Not many Ticketing Agents have idea on how the whole visa process works while your travel (especially through Paris, LHR airports).

All right guys. This end of my Green Card process. Now the actual tension starts on how to get my future wife to USA.

See, one issue ended and another started now. Let us see, if any forum helps me in this regard.

-- Suresh
Congrats! I hope now you can get Rice, Lentils, Wheat, Gas at discounted price from Government
EAD received 10/08/07.
AP received 10/19/07.
140 approved 09/1/08
485??
----------------------
Proudly participated in DC Rally.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
apahilaj will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hi All,

-- Suresh
Congratulations on being a ration card holder

anyways, what email did you receive on august 6th? Was it a card production ordered or approval notice sent? Just curious since I am waiting for my cards to arrive and was trying to figure out an approximate time frame. I haven't received any welcome notice or the cards in the mail yet and it's been a week now...

thanks again.
FP: 4/11/08 (self and spouse)
485: Received CPO email for self and spouse: 8/4/8
485: Received email welcoming new PR: 8/5/8
485: Received email for approval notice sent: 8/8/8

------------
Contributed $50 for omnibus drive, will contribute more for IV's efforts.

Sent letters to White House and IV.

Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice suresh.emails is just really nice
Smile I have recived TWO emails

First Email:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On August 6, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

Second Email:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card Mailed

On August 9, 2008, we mailed the new card directly to the address we have on file. You should receive your new card within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

--Suresh

Old 08-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Same boat

Buddy I am in the same boat. Luckily my GC was approved pretty fast EB1 case. But the second tension I have hit is I got married to an indian girl from back home when I was on H1B but could not travel since I needed physical visa so my parents in india did proxy marriage. My wife went to US consulate and they told her they needed pictures of husband and wife together. So then the waiting game began. After 3 years of waiting I got my AP based on I-485 pending traveled to india for 1 week took pictures together in hopes that she would get H4 before approval of 485. But it has been close to 1.5 months they did not return her passport, in mean time my 485 got approved and now its going to be another year before she will get here.

Greencard process took 2 years
Getting wife to US 4 + years still counting.

Moral of the story get married here you will be happier.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/05/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_need_GC View Post
Buddy I am in the same boat. Luckily my GC was approved pretty fast EB1 case. But the second tension I have hit is I got married to an indian girl from back home when I was on H1B but could not travel since I needed physical visa so my parents in india did proxy marriage. My wife went to US consulate and they told her they needed pictures of husband and wife together. So then the waiting game began. After 3 years of waiting I got my AP based on I-485 pending traveled to india for 1 week took pictures together in hopes that she would get H4 before approval of 485. But it has been close to 1.5 months they did not return her passport, in mean time my 485 got approved and now its going to be another year before she will get here.

proxy marriage??? is tht even possible in this day and age?

cannt she come here in fiance visa.. K Visa i think

Old 08-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
milind70 has a spectacular aura about milind70 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVBuzz View Post
proxy marriage??? is tht even possible in this day and age?

cannt she come here in fiance visa.. K Visa i think
K Visa is for fiancee's of US citizens and not for GC holders

Old 08-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts dhesha is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Hi All,

-- Suresh
Can u tell ur PD, Cervice Center, ND, & RD?

Old 08-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of willigetagc has much to be proud of

Quote:

what exactly is a proxy marriage - another guy tying the knot in proxy?

This is as weird as it gets. Now you should know why they are sitting on your wife's passport!!!

Moral of the story is get married to someone who want to marry you and not your H1 status (sorry!!)

Old 08-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold sc3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

A sad story, but wondering what made you think that getting a visa was difficult. When on H1B, that too with an EB1 categorization, there was never an issue.

Old 08-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

don't forget kerosene dude.... you are gonna need that to light up the stove.

Congratualtions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2002 View Post
Congrats! I hope now you can get Rice, Lentils, Wheat, Gas at discounted price from Government
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 08-12-2008, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/05/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by milind70 View Post
K Visa is for fiancee's of US citizens and not for GC holders
ok thanks for the info

Visitors visa? tht is possible i think

Old 08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light I_need_GC is a glorious beacon of light
Default K visa

K visa is for Citizens not GC holder. Yes getting visa at the consulate was an option. I didn't want to take the chance and get stuck on namecheck.

The proxy marriage was my families idea not mine. Desi family man they don't care if you like your wife as long as she can take care of them and keep the tradition going.

I have asked an attorney to file I-824 for her to notify consular of consular processing for her. Lets see how long it takes now.

my PD was I-140 filed last year may or june 07 got gc few months back.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
rani77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVBuzz View Post
ok thanks for the info

Visitors visa? tht is possible i think
Try getting a visitors visa when ur hubby is a LPR , red flags all over.Visa application will be denied.