Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 05:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/31/2004
Chargeability
:
Sri Lanka
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
nhgc is on a distinguished road
Default Travel after getting Green Card

I recently got my green card (EB3). I am planning to travel to my home country next month. I plan to return to the US after a month or so. However, I want to terminate my employment with current employer prior to traveling. I will have worked 5 months since receiving the green card and total of 8 years in whole for the current employer next month.

Do you think I will run into issues at the Point of Entry in US when I return because I will no longer be employed by the current employer and since my green card is in the employment based category?

At the point of entry, do they ask any questions on whether you are still employed by the same employer etc.?

Let me know of your experiences or what you know regarding this matter.

Thanks,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgc View Post
I recently got my green card (EB3). I am planning to travel to my home country next month. I plan to return to the US after a month or so. However, I want to terminate my employment with current employer prior to traveling. I will have worked 5 months since receiving the green card and total of 8 years in whole for the current employer next month.

Do you think I will run into issues at the Point of Entry in US when I return because I will no longer be employed by the current employer and since my green card is in the employment based category?

At the point of entry, do they ask any questions on whether you are still employed by the same employer etc.?

Thanks,
Once you get the green card I dont think many questions will be asked at the POE. Moreover you have been there for 8 years. say that you are working in a similar occupation and ofcourse dont forget to flash your card around at other desperate folks like us waiting in the never ending line and draw some pleasure Just reminds me of Rowan Atkinson (Mr Bean)

Old 08-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2003
Compare
trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of trueguy has much to be proud of

Quote:

Thanks,
Nobody ask anything about ur employer at POE. You have a GC and Passport and thats all they care about.

Come out of fear now since you have a GC and Enjoy a little.

Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all apt29 is a name known to all

Better to quit the job after return from Home country.

Old 08-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
wait4ever is just really nice wait4ever is just really nice wait4ever is just really nice wait4ever is just really nice
Default Do what you like - no problem

Quote:

Thanks,
When you enter as a permanent resident there is only one question that you will be asked - how long have you been out of the country ?

Answer that and be on your way - no questions about your employment or otherwise - you are out of that system as of now

Old 08-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB1B
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2007
Compare
raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute raysaikat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[...snip...]

[...snip...]
Nope. All green card holders are treated identically irrespective of which route they took to get the green card. You will have no problem.