Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 104
good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of
Unhappy H1b rfe

Hi,

I just noticed that status of my H1B is "Req. for document" and was mentioned that they have sent letter to submit additional evidence.

Can someone pls. share do they send such letter by e-mail or by postal mail. And if they send it by postal mail, how much time it takes to reach, I think, my employer should have it in a week?

Thx. for your reply.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 405
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by good idea View Post
Hi,

I just noticed that status of my H1B is "Req. for document" and was mentioned that they have sent letter to submit additional evidence.

Can someone pls. share do they send such letter by e-mail or by postal mail. And if they send it by postal mail, how much time it takes to reach, I think, my employer should have it in a week?

Thx. for your reply.
Cool down!

It is by postal mail and takes about 3 to 5 days to reach your attorney's office. They will have it by this Friday!

Most attorney offices take couple of weeks to prepare and send the response after few careful reviews. So it is pointless in rushing them to reply the next business day.

RFEs are nowadays considered as "Request For Excuse" by USCIS to further delay the processing.
__________________
Consult a qualified immigration lawyer always before you act.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 104
good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by insbaby View Post
Cool down!

It is by postal mail and takes about 3 to 5 days to reach your attorney's office. They will have it by this Friday!

Most attorney offices take couple of weeks to prepare and send the response after few careful reviews. So it is pointless in rushing them to reply the next business day.

RFEs are nowadays considered as "Request For Excuse" by USCIS to further delay the processing.
Thanks for replying. Please advice, if it is okay to ask my employer to share copy of that letter so that I can look also.

I am bit surprise to learn that attorney office take couple of weeks to prepare & send response.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-13-2011, 01:36 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 372
bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute bugsbunny has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by good idea View Post
Thanks for replying. Please advice, if it is okay to ask my employer to share copy of that letter so that I can look also.

I am bit surprise to learn that attorney office take couple of weeks to prepare & send response.
you can request for them to share it
But legally they are not obligated to do so

its probably a good idea to ask for the RFE letter and stay on the attorney by following up once a week for progress...however its just my opinion
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org