Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of
Default Advance Parole approval missed in USPS MAIL

I have filed for EAD & AP by mail. AP got approved before EAD and the approval was put in the mail. While waiting to receive AP approval, EAD got approved and the approval was put in the mail.

I have received the EAD card and not the AP approval so far. Its been about 30 days since the AP approval was put in the mail.

I called couple of times to see if they can re-send it. Both the times they said, if you have not moved since you applied the petition and has not received the approval then you should re-file all over.

How far is this correct?

Has anyone faced this kind of stuff???

Thanks

SRI
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
cinqsit is just really nice cinqsit is just really nice cinqsit is just really nice cinqsit is just really nice cinqsit is just really nice

This kind of happened to me. Got the AP approval email then after 4 days got EAD approval email. Got EAD card in the mail a week after that.

And surprisingly got AP in mail a whole week after that. Looking at the AP
envelope it was postmarked after the EAD card was actually put in mail.

So it might be that your AP is on its way. But 30 days sounds a lot of
time. I would try and talk to the customer service and open a SR.

cinqsit

Old 09-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
yganreddy has a spectacular aura about yganreddy has a spectacular aura about
Default Infopass

Also I suggest to take an infopass and explain the situation to officer. Take a printout of approval mail and give a try.

Old 09-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute kshitijnt has a reputation beyond repute

My AP was approved last week (Monday) still to get in mail.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute copsmart has a reputation beyond repute

My case is little bit different.

EAD was approved on August 11th and I got the card in mail couple of days after I received the email. But, I haven't received the approval notice for my EAD yet. The status on the EAD shows that the approval notice was sent on August 13th. I had no issues with AP though.

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On August 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold rameshk75 is a splendid one to behold
Post Docs for AP

[quote=copsmart;289590]My case is little bit different.

EAD was approved on August 11th and I got the card in mail couple of days after I received the email. But, I haven't received the approval notice for my EAD yet. The status on the EAD shows that the approval notice was sent on August 13th. I had no issues with AP though.

Am planning to apply paper based AP, can you give the list of docs required for the same.

Thanks

Old 09-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of rdehar has much to be proud of

My AP was los in mail too (see signature). In my case I had gone to India to get 8th year H1 stamping, when the UPS guy left it at my door and I never got it. Yep, UPS, not USPS, this package was sent by my lawyer who knew I was in not at home

I called USCIS when I got back and they said I should re-apply if I need to go outside of US and re-enter on AP in next year, else don't worry.
I-485 Filed; Invoked AC21, switched to EAD Jun 2009
By the way, spent 9 years on H1

Old 09-16-2008, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of QuickGreenCard has much to be proud of
Default Re-apply Re-apply mother**ckers think money is coming for free to non-immigrants

I have consulted USCIS rep by taking InfoPass. She was friendly and talked with USCIS Texas rep (thats where mine went), they told her to re-apply. She sent an email and received a response saying to re-apply...................................

Cant they print another copy atleast at a charge instead asking to re-pay the whole fee again..........They are bastards

Old 09-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold

It happened to me as well, Last year my denied my Wife AP the Reson was that her 485 is approved, we send them the letter that its not the case and it was a mistake.....In the end we had to re- apply. I wonder if they can Print it on the same day in case of an emergency, why can't they give you the one which is already approved....weired people ...weired USCIS...

Old 09-18-2008, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
rck4evr is on a distinguished road

My Adavance parole is also lost. It was approved on August 18th and I still havent recieved it. I called the USCIS and they said I have to reapply. Did the SR work for anyone ?

Old 09-18-2008, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of rsdang has much to be proud of
Lightbulb I am in the same boat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshitijnt View Post
My AP was approved last week (Monday) still to get in mail.
Seems like AP takes a longer route to the mail box in USCIS... Mine is at NSC and my experience is that everything out of there is slower...

Anyways I am greatful that they approved it and its in mail ( fingers crossed )

WI State Chapter - http://groups.google.com/group/iv-wi-mw?hl=en

Old 09-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about gcseeker2002 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdang View Post
Seems like AP takes a longer route to the mail box in USCIS... Mine is at NSC and my experience is that everything out of there is slower...

Anyways I am greatful that they approved it and its in mail ( fingers crossed )
My AP was approved Sep 9th, and EAD on Sep 12th, got EAD yesterday(16th), no AP yet, hope they send it to me this week, I dont want to pay again and refile

Old 09-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
rani77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by copsmart View Post
My case is little bit different.

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On August 13, 2008, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.
You dont get any approval notice except the card with white card folder. So you are good ,dont expect any Form 767 approval notice.