Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it good to take the next step

I am planning to change job. Based on your expereince can you tell if its ok to make a job change or hold off untill economy stabilizes.

Thanks in advacne..

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
krishna.ahd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletpc View Post
I am planning to change job. Based on your expereince can you tell if its ok to make a job change or hold off untill economy stabilizes.

Thanks in advacne..
Depends , what industry you are in .
Again , if you are already having offer or exploring new opporunity ??
If later the case you should wait for atleast 3 to 6 months . As per my consulting experience most business hold off any new project / hiring from Oct to mid january.
Hope this helps.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute tabletpc has a reputation beyond repute

I got hired 4-5 months back..with a start date of Oct. I will be working on share point as fulll time employ...do you think market is good in share point...?? I now have a stable and permanenent job..so bit skiptic to change.

We have two futures; future of desire and future of faith. Man has not learnt to reconcile both.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

MS sharepoint?
If yes, You totally need to look for a new job.
The whole sharepoint will be taken over very soon by initiatives from google.

Sorry if this sounds harsh.. but its what is eral.

Quote:
I got hired 4-5 months back..with a start date of Oct. I will be working on share point as fulll time employ...do you think market is good in share point...?? I now have a stable and permanenent job..so bit skiptic to change.
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 09-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare

"If yes, You totally need to look for a new job."..
I din't get this part....???

Old 09-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of reddog has much to be proud of

Quote:

Thanks in advacne..
Depending on the technologies you are working on, and your strengths on them, you can make that decision.

Also important would be to see how the next employer treats consultants.
Ofcourse you have the duration of the project in mind.

While changing clients, if the business is different, even if the technology is the same, you will have some time to get adjusted.

And there are managers who expect you to start on Program 1 on day 1.

A good estimate on the job market picking up, would be 1 year.

If you have a very good grip on the techs you are working on (i dont know why you would be asking this question then), you should be good.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare

Guys thanks for responses. Here is my situation. I have been working with same employer for almost 4 years. Never expereince out side market so far.

I have been working on .Net and SQL Server and AJAX. In March I got hired by a small company with is Microsoft Gold certified with start date of October 15th. THis companis has also deveolped 2 products. But In august this company got acquired by a larger firm which is 200 million doller company. THe company I was hired will work within the bigger company as a seperate enitity but I get to take the benifits from bigger company. I was toled by hiring manager that, considering my .net background they will put me into MOSS2007. I am confient of learning and implementing and even the hiring manager knows that I have never worked on Moss2007. All the project are inhouse projects.

My only concern is not the confidence todo job , but about the IT market status now...???

COnsidering the details I gave about the company, Can i expect them to be good employer...???

Any inputs...