Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

View Poll Results: Priority Date Current on June 1st 2011?
Yes 170 57.05%
No 128 42.95%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaocanada View Post
Finally I got the magic emails.
8 pm yesterday (8th June 2011) - Card/ Document Production - for both me and wife.
My PD: 24 Aug 2006 - TSC

Its been a long journey and in the spirit of 'here's what I did' posts, I thought I'd list it as well but I'd give it a little context:
1) Waited 11 years;
2) Spent about $25k+ in lawyer fees, USCIS fees, visa stamping fees, travel arrangements for visa, etc. over the years;
3) Passed up several tempting career options (& business opps) just to keep my case a straight jacket one;
3) Volunteered for IV - this was the best way to vent out frustration by actually doing something rather than just whining - attended both lobbying events & met 7 Congress men, 2 Senators, attended DC rally, participated in flower campaign, wrote hand written letters to Congressmen, contributing $25/month;
4) Whenever I met friends whining about being stuck in GC limbo, say, at parties, I told them point blank to either do something about it (by volunteering for IV) or stop whining;
5) No SR, no finger printing (after the first one), no Infopass, no contacting Congressmen or Senators for my case, just counted the beads (figuratively, of course).

Am not saying all the above is what got me the GC but it helped me keep my sanity.
Still can't believe itů so childishly I find myself going back to the USCIS website and drooling at the status every now and then :-)

To think back, I'd liken our cases to cars lined up at a large toll booth plaza, some lines move fast while others are suddenly stuck. You have no control over which line your case ends up in. You'd think you are in the E-Z pass line (pre-adjudicated?) but some guy's E-Z pass is not properly read by the card reader (adjudicator?) and the case has to be escalated (re-finger printing, interview?), some get impatient and honk (SR, Infopass?) which simply distracts the toll booth guys. But that's just me. Honestly, if nothing would have happened on my case by 30 June, I would have honked too.

BTW, just another tidbit of info. Your cards are mailed from South Eastern Kentucky. So the closer you are to that area, the sooner you'd get your card when the status changes back to "Decision" from "Card/Document Production".

I wish everyone here the best of luck! I will stick around and continue to contribute to IV.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unknownrendezvous is just really nice unknownrendezvous is just really nice unknownrendezvous is just really nice unknownrendezvous is just really nice unknownrendezvous is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by canleo98 View Post
PD is 09/26/06 but I guess I joined IV during that time frame so wrongly put as 7/26/06. Updated it with correct date.
Oh ok. I'm waiting for my 485 approval from NSC and saw your PD was in September (my date is in August) so was wondering if your date was actually in July (foolishly hoping that would explain it).

Congratulations on your greencard! I guess I just have some more waiting to do.

Anyone else on this forum who's 485 got ported from CSC (case number with WAC) to NSC and are waiting to be approved ? If so can you share your PD month/year ?

Old 06-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tellnav is infamous around these parts tellnav is infamous around these parts tellnav is infamous around these parts tellnav is infamous around these parts tellnav is infamous around these parts tellnav is infamous around these parts tellnav is infamous around these parts tellnav is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb Card in mailbox

I got emails on 06/03 and got the physical card by USPS priority mail on 06/09. For a moment I was going to throw it in trash with other junk I get in mailbox but then felt something inside. Good luck to all who are waiting.

Feels bad not to be cry baby anymore, so I would start with new stuff... Since option to marry from India or rest of the world is closed for next 5 years, if someone knows any single girls who are already in US and want to settle down, don't hesitate to contact

Best,
Nav
==============================
EB2 India
Priority Date: 16th Aug 2006
Filed I485 in July'07 Fiasco
Changed Job in Aug'08 on H1B transfer
Didn't send any AC21 letter

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of
Default no card yet

more than a week since i got the email and nothing yet in the mail. anyone else in the same boat?

Old 06-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_Climax is on a distinguished road
Default July Fiasco

Our PD is Sept 25, '06...still waiting for the midnight email/text message!

Meanwhile, anyone knows of any study or assessment done on how much people spent on immigration issues while I-485 is pending? Just for me and my wife, renewing EAD and AP cost about $6K (including attorney's fees). The total figure must be in 100's of thousands if not more. Anyone heard of any inquiry into this issue at higher levels of government?

Last edited by GC_Climax; 06-10-2011 at 12:58 AM. Reason: mistake

Old 06-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
JayKay will become famous soon enough
Default Mailing Address Question.

I changed residence after I filed my 485. I am not sure if I submitted an address change online.Is there a way to find out what address my cards will be mailed to? Is it OK to submit an address change now or that might screw up something? I got the CPO emails 2 days ago(June 8th). Priority date 08/16/2006. TSC.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of
Default Chaneg online ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
I changed residence after I filed my 485. I am not sure if I submitted an address change online.Is there a way to find out what address my cards will be mailed to? Is it OK to submit an address change now or that might screw up something? I got the CPO emails 2 days ago(June 8th). Priority date 08/16/2006. TSC.
JayKay,
Change your address immediately. I was in a similar situation - I waited for the final adjudication and just after receiving the CPO emails, I went online and changed the address. Also called the Customer Service to verify.
The link is https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms

Good luck!

Old 06-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare

Quote:
JayKay,
Change your address immediately. I was in a similar situation - I waited for the final adjudication and just after receiving the CPO emails, I went online and changed the address. Also called the Customer Service to verify.
The link is https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms

Good luck!
Thank you jaocananda. I changed the address online now. When I called the customer service, they said they cannot confirm what address they have on my file for security reasons. So, by 'verify' did you mean you asked the CR to update your address when you ccalled the CS?Thanks again.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Spatil is infamous around these parts Spatil is infamous around these parts Spatil is infamous around these parts
Default Welcome letter sent to my lawyer

My lawyer received the Welcome to USA letter which says my 485 has been approved. i haven't received any doc yet.

waiting......

Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of jaocanada has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay View Post
Thank you jaocananda. I changed the address online now. When I called the customer service, they said they cannot confirm what address they have on my file for security reasons. So, by 'verify' did you mean you asked the CR to update your address when you ccalled the CS?Thanks again.
You must have changed the address twice:
Step 1: (Online) Electronic AR-11 which updates the master database
Step 2: (Online) Change of address for specific accessed via the link " Create another Online Change of Address." that the system show after you have completed the AR-11

Call customer service and say you have a change of address confirmation # (In my case it was like this "CA1159*******TSC") and would like to know if your Card has been produced and mailed already or is it in queue. Play it by the ear then on. Say you are confirming the change - don't ask them to verify or change it for you. Hope this helps. Please do post here what you hear back regarding card printing.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold
Default Infopass

Friends,
I'm trying to take an infopass appointment in washington field office. Anybody getting the same error?

Error:
At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later.

I am current with June 2011. (PD of Oct 1st 06) but i'm not sure what's going on with my application because status of my application still shows:

On August 17, 2010, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our ATLANTA, GA location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you.

I haven't been called for an interview so far. Anybody has a clue what might happen next? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcdone is on a distinguished road
Default GC approved

EB2 India
Priority Date: sept 1st 2006
Filed I485 in July'07 Fiasco

Receieved cards ....
good luck guys

Old 06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sandeep77 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Congrats

COngrats to all of you who got greened!

For those of you who invoked AC21, and got greened, did you get an RFE on your application? If you did, what documents did they ask for?

Thanks

Old 06-10-2011, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
bskrishna has a spectacular aura about bskrishna has a spectacular aura about bskrishna has a spectacular aura about
Default No card here as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc1125 View Post
more than a week since i got the email and nothing yet in the mail. anyone else in the same boat?
We were approved at TSC on 2nd June. We received an approval notice. No cards yet.

Old 06-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare

Quote:
You must have changed the address twice:
Step 1: (Online) Electronic AR-11 which updates the master database
Step 2: (Online) Change of address for specific accessed via the link " Create another Online Change of Address." that the system show after you have completed the AR-11

Call customer service and say you have a change of address confirmation # (In my case it was like this "CA1159*******TSC") and would like to know if your Card has been produced and mailed already or is it in queue. Play it by the ear then on. Say you are confirming the change - don't ask them to verify or change it for you. Hope this helps. Please do post here what you hear back regarding card printing.
Damn..I did not make a note of the confirmation number. so dumb of me. Guess I will wait for a week or so after the status online changes to PDA and if I dont receive the cards by then, I will probably take an infopass and go from there.Thanks for your response again jaocanada. I noticed that you received the CPO emails on June 8th at 8 PM. I got them at exactly the same time. I will keep posting here as and when I shall receive any future status change messages/emails.