Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

View Poll Results: Priority Date Current on June 1st 2011?
Yes 170 57.05%
No 128 42.95%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of abc1125 has much to be proud of
Default mail delivered to old address

Turns out the mail was delivered to my old address inspite of me updating my address at USCIS using the address change form and getting APs and EADs at my new address.

I found this out using the tracking number they gave me. its been a week since they delivered it and its quite possible that its lost by now. anyone has experience filing for I-90 (application to replace lost/stolen permanent resident card)?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute
Question Confused

Took Infopass today for my case - the officer looked at my receipt notice and looked up in the system - and said your case is approved today...
Very confused - want to believe him but there are no updates on the case status online - neither did I get an email or text -

He said go home - you will receive your cards in the mail and confirmed my address in their records was correct.
Also asked me if I was carrying my passport - I said no. He said that's ok... not sure why he asked for the PP..

Now again have to wait for bated breath for snail mail or maybe their emails are delayed..
Hope he is right...

Anybody experienced this - got cards/approval and online status did not show any updates/no emails/text.. ???

Old 06-10-2011, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute abhay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackisback View Post
Took Infopass today for my case - the officer looked at my receipt notice and looked up in the system - and said your case is approved today...
Very confused - want to believe him but there are no updates on the case status online - neither did I get an email or text -

He said go home - you will receive your cards in the mail and confirmed my address in their records was correct.
Also asked me if I was carrying my passport - I said no. He said that's ok... not sure why he asked for the PP..

Now again have to wait for bated breath for snail mail or maybe their emails are delayed..
Hope he is right...

Anybody experienced this - got cards/approval and online status did not show any updates/no emails/text.. ???
Yea its very possible, I have knows few people who never got emails but got the notices and cards in mail, USCIS online system is supposedly very buggy.

What is your PD date (including day)

Old 06-10-2011, 07:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
NikGC can only hope to improve
Default Strange Case

I just joined the forum..heard from a buddy of mine. Great cause and I just contributed a small amount

My case is very strange. My PD is 10th July, 2006, however last year in September, USCIS mistakenly updated my PD to 10th Feb, 2006 and approved GC for me and my wife. We also got the cards in the mail. I did approach my lawyer and she advised us to return the cards. While we were in the process to return the cards, I received RFE stating that our GC was approved in an error. Long story short, the cards were returned and now my case is under following status "pre adjudicated under review". When the dates went current in June, I did open the SR and got the response that my case will be requested and reviewed for processing. I also had Infopass appointment and the officer asked me to wait and someone will pick my file.

Any suggestions on my case? Would greatly appreciate the response.

Thanks

Old 06-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute

@abhay: July 12 06 - TSC (my first name is same as yours - assuming ur id is also ur name)

Old 06-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ajm has a spectacular aura about ajm has a spectacular aura about
Default Received "Decision" email on June 8

for myself and my wife. But no CPO email as yet. I guess I should just wait for the cards in the mail, given the flakiness of the USCIS notification system.

EB2-India, PD Aug 2006, TSC

Old 06-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
rameshms will become famous soon enough
Default Approval Notice Received

I just received approval notices for our I-485s (myself and my spouse) via usps. Approval date June 6 2011. The online status however is not up to date (Initial Review). I guess there is a lot of latency in the online system.

PD July 19 2006
I-485 filed at VSC (receipt number EAC---*) on July 10 2007
Receipt date July 11 2007
Transferred to TSC September 2007 (notice date, October 11 2007)
LUD Jun 02 2009 (Change of Address)

I guess, we should not estimate the processing of the case based only on the online status.

One Time $100
Monthly $20 (March 07 to Feb 09)

Last edited by rameshms; 06-12-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Updated LUD

Old 06-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts rimpi is infamous around these parts
Default Did you receive emails?

[quote=rameshms;2649702]I just received approval notices for our I-485s (myself and my spouse) via usps. Approval date June 6 2011. The online status however is not up to date (Initial Review). I guess there is a lot of latency in the online system.

Dear rameshms,
did you receive emails, or not even that, just the postal notification?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jbrkr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshms View Post
I just received approval notices for our I-485s (myself and my spouse) via usps. Approval date June 6 2011. The online status however is not up to date (Initial Review). I guess there is a lot of latency in the online system.

PD July 19 2006
I-485 filed at VSC (receipt number EAC---*) on July 10 2007
Receipt date July 11 2007
Transferred to TSC September 2007 (notice date, October 11 2007)
LUD Jun 05 2009 (Change of Address)

I guess, we should not estimate the processing of the case based only on the online status.

Hi all,
My PD is Aug 06/EB2 and I received my card and welcome notice in mail today. Online status shows initial review, no emails or text messages. So I too believe that one should not just check status or email but check mail box too. My case was transfered from Texas to Nebraska. I pray that all waiting for too be greened should see the cards soon in the mail boxes. Good luck.

Thanks,

Old 06-11-2011, 10:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prash1981 is on a distinguished road
Default Need some help with My I-485 case

I am one of those guys who was able to sneak in their I-485 application with concurrent filing in when the flood gates opened in 2007. My priority date is april 2007, so i am guessing that my file would likely become current with the august bulletin.

I am getting married end of august and will be back in the states towards end of sep, my fiancee is an indian citizen and i haven't included her name into the I-485 application (i met her after the application was filed ). I have an EAD card, but i am holding onto my H1 so that i could get her an H4.

Looks like we might have to get married before our end of aug wedding date, she is visiting me end of june and i planned to get a civil ceremony done here in california, but i heard that the USCIS could claim that as a mis-representation at the port of entry (she will be on a visitor's visa).

So i plan to fly to canada with her, get married there, file for an H4 and get her back into the states with an H4.

So here are my questions -:
A) Does the canada plan seem realistic, any issues i should be aware of, anything that could pose a problem with her GC application as a dependent if i do this ?

B) She will be in the states till the 2nd week of july. If we do get the H4 from canada by then and the August bulletin is released by the 2nd week of july, can she apply right away (or if i have to make amendments to my I-485 application, can i do that right away), or do we have to wait till the 1st of august to do this. If we do, she might as well visit in august (its kinna close to the wedding date, so its tricky, but do-able if necessary).

C) Does she have to be present in the country when her application is sent to the USCIS (or when i make amendments to my application to include her as a dependent) ?
If its just the matter of medical records, we could get that done when she is visiting in late june/early july.

Any help with these questions is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Old 06-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
rameshms will become famous soon enough

@rimpi

I received the approval notices via the US Post. No emails or text messages.

Quote:
Dear rameshms,
did you receive emails, or not even that, just the postal notification?

One Time $100
Monthly $20 (March 07 to Feb 09)

Old 06-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wallatmax has a spectacular aura about wallatmax has a spectacular aura about wallatmax has a spectacular aura about

I received my cards on Friday and received approval notices for our I-485s on saturday (myself and my spouse) via usps. The online status however is not up to date (Initial Review). There is no sms, emails or update in the system.

PD Sep 12 2006
Receipt date July 12 2007
Service Center : Nebraska

Old 06-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold dingox100 is a splendid one to behold
Default GC approved

Finally i got my and my wife's GC . The uscis site still shows as Decision. I think it takes time for the website to get updated.
Thanks to IV for all the valuable information i have been receiving. thanks to all folks who have been writing up useful infomration.

PD Date : 31 Aug 2006
Service center : TSC

Old 06-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingox100 View Post
Finally i got my and my wife's GC . The uscis site still shows as Decision. I think it takes time for the website to get updated.
Thanks to IV for all the valuable information i have been receiving. thanks to all folks who have been writing up useful infomration.

PD Date : 31 Aug 2006
Service center : TSC
How many days it takes for 485 approval, after the date is current and application sent.
Please tell me. What is 485 processing wait time. Is it some first in first out, or ..pls advise

Thank You,
Bobby.

Old 06-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
immi_2006 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Approved

Got the Approval Notice and GC Card in Mail on June 11, 2011.
Approved on : June 7, 2011
Service Center: NSC
Priority Date: Sep 13, 2006 (EB2)

Online Status has not changed. Opened Service Request on June 9, 2011 which didnot matter though.

My wife's application which is in TSC is still pending. Hope it gets approved soon.

Good Luck to every one!