Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shravathy is on a distinguished road
Default PERM question

Hi,

My H1B expires in November 2011. My current employer started the PERM processing and is filing my PERM in July 2011. Even though I left my previuos employer in November 2010, he filed my PERM in the first week of January 2011 and got it approved in the third week of January 2011.
I have couple of questions:-

1. Would it be possible for my previous employer to file my I-140 as I am not working
with them as my current employer is in the process of filing the PERM?

Reason why I am asking the above question is that if my I-140 gets approved through my previous employer, then the current employer can you the case id to extend my H1B.

2. Can the current employer file my PERM as I already got my PERM approved through my
previous employer?

Awaiting your response.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute sk.aggarwal has a reputation beyond repute

1. Would it be possible for my previous employer to file my I-140 as I am not working

Yes. Your new employer will need I-140 approval notice to get extension.

Reason why I am asking the above question is that if my I-140 gets approved through my previous employer, then the current employer can you the case id to extend my H1B.

2. Can the current employer file my PERM as I already got my PERM approved through my
previous employer?

Yes. you can have as many perms/I-140s filled as you want

Old 05-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravathy View Post
Hi,

My H1B expires in November 2011. My current employer started the PERM processing and is filing my PERM in July 2011. Even though I left my previuos employer in November 2010, he filed my PERM in the first week of January 2011 and got it approved in the third week of January 2011.
I have couple of questions:-

previous employer?

Awaiting your response.
Your previous employer can file for the I-140 if the job is still available for you. But you can not get the H1B extension with the current employer based on that.
# Contact the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ice.gov) by telephone at (866) DHS-2-ICE. The hotline is designed specifically to accept immigration violation reports. You can complain anonymously.

Fraud Detection and National Security (FDNS) Directorate
111 Massachusetts Ave., NW Suite 7002,
Mail Stop 2280 Washington,
D.C. 20529-2280
FDNS@dhs.gov
filing without current PD

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shravathy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your quick response.

Once my I 140 gets approved through my previous employer, I need to provide the approval notice/case number to my current employer to get my H1B extended right?