Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   All other Green Card Issues (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/)
-   -   New US Consulate in Hyderabad starts 10/24. (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/22126-new-us-consulate-in-hyderabad-starts-10-24-a.html)

MightyIndian 10-23-2008 02:58 PM

New US Consulate in Hyderabad starts 10/24.

The new US consulate in Hyderabad starts functioning from 10/24. However it starts visa services only in December.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/C...ow/3630605.cms

webm 10-23-2008 03:19 PM

@Paigah Palace

A Warm Welcome to US Consulate @ Paigah Palace, Hyderabad...:)

mmanurker 10-23-2008 06:28 PM

Will not be fully functional until mid december

Yes, thats good news specially for the applicants in that region. In my opinion applicants from MP and Karnataka and AP will fall into that region I guess though not sure but just my 2 cents. Right now they just opened the office but I dont think they will be fully functional till mid-december 2008.

ss1026 11-04-2008 10:14 AM

Unable to get appointment at Hyderabad consulate

I am planning a trip to India in late december. I went to the Hyderabad consulate website to see if I can get a appointment for my H-1B renewal for Dec/Jan09. I have read that the consulate would be functional in December but they have no system yet for taking appointments. I guess one more trip to Chennai! For this trip, I will enjoy the new Shamshabad airport.

gcdreamer05 11-04-2008 12:23 PM

Hey this is good news, atleast the crowd will get reduced in chennai consulate :)

ss1026 11-04-2008 12:43 PM

And one less thing to worry about in a short trip to India

Quote:

Originally Posted by gcdreamer05 (Post 300382)
Hey this is good news, atleast the crowd will get reduced in chennai consulate :)

Yes, that will help the chennai consulate lines. And it is great for hyderabadis since we don't have to go to chennai, sometimes multiples times for a single stamping.

letstalklc 11-04-2008 02:58 PM

This is great news for huderabadis....no more chennai visits....we can save lot of time in travelling....

We all should proud for having US consulate....

ita 11-04-2008 03:19 PM

Not very sure..

But I think it's thanks to CBN who pulled the consulate to Hyd when they were debating to have the consulate in Hyd or Bangalore. From what I know YSR govt just boomed up the realty prices but nothing else, though realty went up in other parts of the country too.

PS: I'm not very sure if it was CBN who got the consulate to Hyd but just expressed my thoughts as we are talking about consulate/Hyd/how proud we should be etc in this thread.For those who know better or disagree with me please feel free to do so by posting in the thread but not by giving red/accompanying mssgs. These days I'm so cautious that unless absolutely sure I don't take any chances with posting on threads so as to avoid upsetting people even remotely. Felt it's been long since I've been easy on IV threads..so I'm posting on this thread :)

Thank you.

gcseeker2002 11-04-2008 04:29 PM

Also thanks to the sleeping gowda(devegowda) family and congress party in karnataka for being so busy amassing massive amount of personal wealth and fighting with BJP that they gave up any interest to ask for the consulate in Bangalore.

shree772000 11-04-2008 05:57 PM

Cbn??

Quote:

Originally Posted by ita (Post 300456)
But I think it's thanks to CBN who pulled the consulate to Hyd when they were debating to have the consulate in Hyd or Bangalore. From what I know YSR govt just boomed up the realty prices but nothing else, though realty went up in other parts of the country too.

PS: I'm not very sure but just expressed my thoughts as we are talking about consulate/Hyd/how proud we should be etc in this thread.For those who know better or disagree with me please feel free to do so by posting in the thread but not by giving red/accompanying mssgs. These days I'm so cautious that unless absolutely sure I don't take any chances with posting on threads so as to avoid upsetting people even remotely. Felt it's been long since I've been easy on IV threads..so I'm posting on this thread :)

Thank you.

Can CBN get us green cards too? :D

ss1026 11-05-2008 10:39 AM

CBN=Chandra Babu Naidu

Quote:

Originally Posted by shree772000 (Post 300493)
Can CBN get us green cards too? :D

He is the ex-chief minister of Andhra pradesh, a state in India of which Hyderabad is the Capital. As for CBN's agenda, he is too concerned about his chances of getting re-elected to worry about other things. My take.

MightyIndian 11-05-2008 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ss1026 (Post 300567)
He is the ex-chief minister of Andhra pradesh, a state in India of which Hyderabad is the Capital. As for CBN's agenda, he is too concerned about his chances of getting re-elected to worry about other things. My take.

Aligning with Communists, he may not the same reformist as he was before. It was those reforms that brought the change. Initially everwhere reforms face stiff resistance and and as time goes by people bear the fruits. But people of Ap could not wait and threw him out of power.

Now we see his reforms being applauded everwhere.

MI

kaybeedee 11-05-2008 12:18 PM

Any idea when Hyd would start Visa processing ?

Is VFS the only site to book appointments (for HYD) as well ? I hear the news that HYD is operational but I don't see it in on VFS website to take an appointment - I need one for 1st week of Dec

MightyIndian 11-05-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaybeedee (Post 300592)
Is VFS the only site to book appointments (for HYD) as well ? I hear the news that HYD is operational but I don't see it in on VFS website to take an appointment - I need one for 1st week of Dec

I beleive the Hyderabad Consulate will be fully functional only by the end of 2008. So we can assume that it starts offering visa services in early 2009. Until then the web site suggests to go to Chennai Consulate.
http://hyderabad.usconsulate.gov/visa_services.html

rajpatelemail 11-05-2008 08:47 PM

I think - there will be more people in AF Unit this consulate

I think - there will be more people in AF Unit this consulate

As Hyderabad is very popular in those lines.