Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
vxb2004 has a spectacular aura about vxb2004 has a spectacular aura about
Default AC21 Documents Never Received by USCIS

Hello,

I joined company B in April and prior to that I was working for company A. Fragoman was company A's attorney. Through company A I had my labor certified, I-140 approved and my 485 was pending for more than 180 days and hence I was able to switch my job using AC21. My job was in the same and similar job classification. The AC21 documents were sent to USCIS in early April by company B's attorney.

Last week of October, I received my finger printing notice as part of my I-485 process. When I contacted company B's attorney, they never received any courtesy copy for my finger printing notice. Today I called up USCIS customer service to find out the attorney on record for my file. They mentioned that it was still company A's and the courtesy copy was sent to them. I mentioned to the officer that AC21 was filed which had the change in attorney information. She said that they do not have any records of it. She advised me to send a copy of the AC21 forms again along with the G28 documents.

My question is if company B's attorney send the AC21 documents, will USCIS question why the documents are being sent after 8 months of switching jobs?
Will this trigger an RFE?

Please advise.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-25-2008, 01:18 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest just sending the G-28 forms with the new attorney information. Once this is submitted, call USCIS customer service a week or two later to confirm that the correct attorney information is on file. Later, if you wish, you can send the AC21 documentation. As always, any documents to USCIS should be sent by certified mail or something similar to show the proof if you need it later.

As far as I know G-28 won't trigger an RFE but don't know about AC-21 documents. If you search the forums, you will find that almost always the AC-21 papers don't reach your file.

Old 11-25-2008, 11:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_willy View Post
I would suggest just sending the G-28 forms with the new attorney information. Once this is submitted, call USCIS customer service a week or two later to confirm that the correct attorney information is on file. Later, if you wish, you can send the AC21 documentation. As always, any documents to USCIS should be sent by certified mail or something similar to show the proof if you need it later.

As far as I know G-28 won't trigger an RFE but don't know about AC-21 documents. If you search the forums, you will find that almost always the AC-21 papers don't reach your file.
I second this advise. Just send the G28 and confirm in a couple of weeks to see if the attorney address has been updated.

on a related note for other AC-21 filers: see if you can hang on to your older attorney. You might be able to retain them independent of your old employer (by paying fees on your own). Keeps the USCIS file clean, and also you stick with someone who presumably knows your case a bit better having worked on it from the start.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute

Very true. This is what I did, i changed jobs but still retain the attorney from the previous employer. Also, I did not submit AC-21 papers as suggested by my lawyer. Again, this is your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiani.planum View Post
on a related note for other AC-21 filers: see if you can hang on to your older attorney. You might be able to retain them independent of your old employer (by paying fees on your own). Keeps the USCIS file clean, and also you stick with someone who presumably knows your case a bit better having worked on it from the start.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

Thank you very much for all your inputs. I hope everything goes well.

Old 11-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
KKtexas is a splendid one to behold KKtexas is a splendid one to behold KKtexas is a splendid one to behold KKtexas is a splendid one to behold KKtexas is a splendid one to behold KKtexas is a splendid one to behold
Default Soft LUD

vxb2004,
Was there any LUD on ur 485 after u sent AC21 Documents in Apr?.
I-485 RD: July 25 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on first EAD
Have used AC21 ,Waiting for USCIS to make decision...

Old 11-25-2008, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

USCIS systems that the generic CS rep sees or the CLAIMS3 systems that the IO sees doesn't have any info about AC21 docs that you sent them.

Like someone suggested it is a very good idea to keep the original attorney (might not happen in all cases such as when your other company is a direct competitor. Depends on the lawyer). I did the same did not have to pay anything to my attorney to maintain my file.

I sent my AC21 docs to NSC against the advise of my attorney (I surmised that that I would waste time and money if USCIS ever sends a EVL RFE). I think that was a good decision as I got the I-485 approved soon.

Also I see from the FOIA request that I made, that the AC21 docs that I sent were indeed in my file when the decision on my file was made.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold

You should be ok, just send them the papers again

Old 11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKtexas View Post
vxb2004,
Was there any LUD on ur 485 after u sent AC21 Documents in Apr?.
KKtexas,

I had some soft LUD's in June...but the AC21 documents were sent in June!!

Old 11-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Compare
kris04 has a spectacular aura about kris04 has a spectacular aura about kris04 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vxb2004 View Post
Hello,

I joined company B in April and prior to that I was working for company A. Fragoman was company A's attorney. Through company A I had my labor certified, I-140 approved and my 485 was pending for more than 180 days and hence I was able to switch my job using AC21. My job was in the same and similar job classification. The AC21 documents were sent to USCIS in early April by company B's attorney.

Last week of October, I received my finger printing notice as part of my I-485 process. When I contacted company B's attorney, they never received any courtesy copy for my finger printing notice. Today I called up USCIS customer service to find out the attorney on record for my file. They mentioned that it was still company A's and the courtesy copy was sent to them. I mentioned to the officer that AC21 was filed which had the change in attorney information. She said that they do not have any records of it. She advised me to send a copy of the AC21 forms again along with the G28 documents.

My question is if company B's attorney send the AC21 documents, will USCIS question why the documents are being sent after 8 months of switching jobs?
Will this trigger an RFE?

Please advise.
This is my personal experience, I filed AC 21 with new G 28 form through a lawyer to update change of attorney on file plus change of employment notification. Later I called customer service several times after 2 months to see if USCIS updated my file, but turned out not updated. Fortunately in August 2008, my I 485 was approved without any RFE and the welcome notice meant for Attorney's was sent to new attorney, the old attorney did not receive it. Bottom line is USCIS is slow in updating your AC 21 request and definitely not update their computer system accessible to USCIS customer service about AC 21 request, however it looks like they add the document to your physical file. Now I am sure in my case USCIS have taken note of AC21 request during approval.

Good Luck

HTH

kris

Old 11-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris04 View Post
This is my personal experience, I filed AC 21 with new G 28 form through a lawyer to update change of attorney on file plus change of employment notification. Later I called customer service several times after 2 months to see if USCIS updated my file, but turned out not updated. Fortunately in August 2008, my I 485 was approved without any RFE and the welcome notice meant for Attorney's was sent to new attorney, the old attorney did not receive it. Bottom line is USCIS is slow in updating your AC 21 request and definitely not update their computer system accessible to USCIS customer service about AC 21 request, however it looks like they add the document to your physical file. Now I am sure in my case USCIS have taken note of AC21 request during approval.

Good Luck

HTH

kris

Kris,

Thank you very much. Appreciate your input.