Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default Red dots - whats going on?

Looks like there is someone with a vendetta against me. After logging into my account after a few weeks it looks like someone has been going through my posts (some a year back) and giving me red dots. I am pretty sure its that psycho "Itsnotfunny" user with whom I had a disagreement a few weeks back. Could one of the mods please confirm?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
Looks like there is someone with a vendetta against me. After logging into my account after a few weeks it looks like someone has been going through my posts (some a year back) and giving me red dots. I am pretty sure its that psycho "Itsnotfunny" user with whom I had a disagreement a few weeks back. Could one of the mods please confirm?
I think, this dot system is bit intelligent:
1. One can't post reputation/feedback twice before providing dots (red or green) to several others (perhaps 10).
2. Also there is limit on how many dots one can give in a day.

If you feel that same person giving red dots, then it should not be on the same day for the reasons mentioned above.

However, one can have several accounts and can bombard with dots through different accounts. If so, it is admins to look into.

I have almost taken renunciation (SANYAS) from IV due to red dots and rarely participate in discussions. Once I thought of giving green dots to various good posts and then discovered both points above.

(UPDATE: Some one giving grey DOTS to this, to him/her: Ghandihigiri is not kids job - when you need info, you won't get it)

Last edited by Dhundhun; 01-01-2009 at 11:31 PM.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2007
Compare
akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute akhilmahajan has a reputation beyond repute

Mr. Dhundhun, i will urge you to ignore the red dots and keep on doing the good job you have been doing so far.

We need motivated people like you to succeed. I hope that you will be back on the forums and will keep your motivation levels up.

Lets start the year 2009 with more higher energy and enthusiasm.

GO IV GO. TOGETHER WE CAN.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future sheela has a brilliant future

Quote:
This RED thing is simply irritating. I logged on after several days to see RED on the posting 6-month ago. This moroon did not leave any message. The post is at peak of 7/13 luds following July08 bulletin following:

#43 07-14-2008, 09:32 AM
sheela
Senior Member Join Date: Jul 2007

I donot know what to say. I had lud on my approved (2/06) I-140 after filing I-485 in 7/07 and once again on 7/13. Also, our I485 (including my family AOS)showed several luds in the last 2 weeks My PD is 10/05.

Surprisingly heard nothing about EAD filed on 5/27 had no update after fp.
Donot know what ti infer from these LUDs
Any guess?

Last edited by sheela; 12-30-2008 at 05:06 PM.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Not that I care for red green dots myself, but if these dots are so important for everyone, why not change the wesbite to show who gave a reputation to every user. That way everyone who gives red dot will have to have a good reason/justification for giving red dots. Is that sound reasonable????

If you agree, join this thread and ask IV to allow each of us to see the names of all the people along with their comments/dots. Sounds reasonable????

My reason for asking this is because I suspect that the agents of some tracker website are deliberately leaving nasty comments for everyone so that we stop visiting IV. I think thats a real possibility.

What say?
"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 12-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

Red dots - whats going... 12-30-2008 03:26 PM Gimme red!
Red dots - whats going... 12-30-2008 03:25 PM you think you are too smart, aren't you?
Red dots - whats going... 12-30-2008 03:25 PM take this

this is ridiculous. Got these "red dots" a lil while back.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
Not that I care for red green dots myself, but if these dots are so important for everyone, why not change the wesbite to show who gave a reputation to every user. That way everyone who gives red dot will have to have a good reason/justification for giving red dots. Is that sound reasonable????

If you agree, join this thread and ask IV to allow each of us to see the names of all the people along with their comments/dots. Sounds reasonable????

My reason for asking this is because I suspect that the agents of some tracker website are deliberately leaving nasty comments for everyone so that we stop visiting IV. I think thats a real possibility.

What say?
Agreed, especially for abused language.

Yeh you feel bad when you get red dot. But didn't you do it to someone with grudge at some point of time? Its human buddy! I would say just relax and be dedicated to IV as before.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
I think, this dot system is bit intelligent:
1. One can't post reputation/feedback twice before providing dots (red or green) to several others (perhaps 10).
2. Also there is limit on how many dots one can give in a day.

If you feel that same person giving red dots, then it should not be on the same day for the reasons mentioned above.

However, one can have several accounts and can bombard with dots through different accounts. If so, it is admins to look into.

I have almost taken renunciation (SANYAS) from IV due to red dots and rarely participate in discussions. Once I thought of giving green dots to various good posts and then discovered both points above.

I liked your "Beware Red Dot notice...."

Old 12-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute insbaby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not bad.

Quote:
Red dots - whats going... 12-30-2008 03:26 PM Gimme red!
Red dots - whats going... 12-30-2008 03:25 PM you think you are too smart, aren't you?
Red dots - whats going... 12-30-2008 03:25 PM take this

this is ridiculous. Got these "red dots" a lil while back.
At least the language is not that bad. I think the intention was to load few reds.

Post how many points you lost in this transaction and we will get you up there again. with lot of greens.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

Why not eliminate red dots altogether? It does not really make sense to have them. Leave green dots to identify good contributors. At the very least disallow anonymous red dots as sanju suggested.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
fall2004us is a jewel in the rough fall2004us is a jewel in the rough fall2004us is a jewel in the rough

I-485, AP, EAD Filed 7/2/07 NSC
RD: 7/30/07, FP: 8/24/07
EAD received - 09/24/07
AP: 10/20/07
2nd EAD received - 8/28/08 (2 year validity)
3rd EAD: received - 8/25/10 (2 year validity)
2nd AP: applied 08/29/08, received on 11/11/08
3rd AP: applied 1/25/10, received on 04/14/08
LUD: I-485 - 8/26/07, 5/6/08 (address change)
Hard LUD (RFE) asking for G 325 & birth cert - 03/09
USCIS recvd the response 4/8/09 - same day hard LUD - under process

Last edited by fall2004us; 01-05-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: deleted my post because of many red dots

Old 12-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall2004us View Post
yabadaba,
gave you green
Cool! This became like a green dot earning factory.

Hey I also got some red with very very bad language in recent past

I have a question (call it stupid) but without checking each and every post of yours, how would you know which post has got green or red dot? Is there any link to view all reputations you got?

Last edited by Marphad; 12-30-2008 at 06:36 PM.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

Marphad,

try this:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/usercp.php

Old 12-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
It helped. Thanks buddy.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/08/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute kumar1 has a reputation beyond repute

SunnySurya has a big heart when it comes to givign red dots.
I-140 - Approved
I-485 - July 2007 and pending
Filed 2nd labor in 2009
Filed 2nd I-140 in 2009
Ported the PD
GC in 08-2010 almost 10 years after coming to the US.