Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kamakya is infamous around these parts kamakya is infamous around these parts kamakya is infamous around these parts kamakya is infamous around these parts kamakya is infamous around these parts
Default Urgent urgent please reply unable to logon to uscis website to check case status

Hi,

I'm unable to logon to uscis case status online and getting the following error message. I have reset my password and still unable to logon.Has anyone had the same issue.

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

* It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the USCIS webmaster or the Customer Service Center for assistance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamakya View Post
Hi,

I'm unable to logon to uscis case status online and getting the following error message. I have reset my password and still unable to logon.Has anyone had the same issue.

Validation Error(s)

* It was reported to us that your computer or internet gateway has been locked out for a select period of time. This is due to an unusually high rate of use. If you feel this has occurred incorrectly, please contact the USCIS webmaster or the Customer Service Center for assistance.
I got the same error message about a month back when I was trying to check from work. Tried again from home later that evening and did not face any problem..

Old 01-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of n_2006 has much to be proud of
Default How is that urgent?

What happens if do not login tonight?

Quote:
Hi,

Validation Error(s)

Old 01-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kamakya is infamous around these parts kamakya is infamous around these parts kamakya is infamous around these parts kamakya is infamous around these parts kamakya is infamous around these parts
Default Can logon from home but not from office

My wife was able to logon from home but I'm not able to logon from office.
Why is my access from office restricted? I was monitoring the cases by changing the last few digits of my I140 to see whether people who had filed on the same day as mine are getting processed and to check I140 processing trend. Was my office access blocked because of that? I'm very worried now as someone told me that USCIS considers it illegal activity.

Just for curiosity sake, I was changing last few digits of my I140 receipt number
to monitor other people's case status. This was such a simple stuff and now I'm worried after my office access to uscis website was blocked.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future

Quote:
My wife was able to logon from home but I'm not able to logon from office.
Why is my access from office restricted? I was monitoring the cases by changing the last few digits of my I140 to see whether people who had filed on the same day as mine are getting processed and to check I140 processing trend. Was my office access blocked because of that? I'm very worried now as someone told me that USCIS considers it illegal activity.

Just for curiosity sake, I was changing last few digits of my I140 receipt number
to monitor other people's case status. This was such a simple stuff and now I'm worried after my office access to uscis website was blocked.
Interesting scenario. In my case I never did anything like what you said. I just assumed that since the company I worked for had more than 10,000 people in that single location I just assumed that many people were visiting that website - and since we use the same proxy server I got that error. Besides, I can access the website after that particular day.

As far as USCIS considering it illegal, they will probably come after you if they notice that you are doing this on a regular basis. I would not put too much thought into this.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare

I was monitoring those cases about 2 or 3 months ago for a period of one week and my colleague casually advised me not to do that. I thought, it was silly and stopped immediately. Now, I'm worried extemely.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_yaja View Post
I got the same error message about a month back when I was trying to check from work. Tried again from home later that evening and did not face any problem..
The web admins of the USCIS site are blocking access if say N number of requests come from a particular IP address in a particular time period. It would block your home computer IP as well if you try to pound the web site say once every few hours from there.

As for the original poster, USCIS would not worry about it much as of now, but if this becomes a pattern then they might take some action. Also i really wonder the stupidity of watching others status by changing fews digits of the RN. How will on case be similar to another.And what would you gain by knowing if others files are processed?

Last edited by sac-r-ten; 01-08-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: typo