Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Hospital only drawback is that its close to impossible to have a completely unmedicated birth. Take their free tour, its fun to see a different perspective and hear how they do things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamu View Post
thanks for the info.

I am little hesitant about this, I mean house like setting with midwifes. my wife is little bit uncomfortable.

I am looking for options where I can get a payment plan from hospital.

I have called few hospiltals and doctors. will post will more details once I finalize.

Thank you very much!

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Last edited by needhelp!; 01-15-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shamu will become famous soon enough shamu will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumanitha View Post
In Dallas (Las Collinas), if you dont have medical insurance, you can have an arrangement with the Doctor and Hospital.

Like one of my friend paid 3K for everything for Delivery + 5K I think for the hospitals. Ofcourse this is based on the delivery is not complicated / C-section couple of years ago.

Hope this helps.
To every one, thanks to one and all.

Here are my results, that I came out after one day research

************ Los Colinos Medical Center (Dallas Texas)
***********Regular*************C section
Dr *********4000***************4500
Hospital******3850***************5800
Anesthesio ***0000***************1000 (approx)
Total Exp ****7850***************11300

************Richardson Medical Center (Dallas Texas - Richardson)
************ Regular***************C section
Dr Fees ******2800***************3500
Hospital******4400***************6400
Anesthesio****0000***************1000 (approx)
Total ********7200***************10900

Total expenses if you pay by cash and this has to be paid before hand.

There was one more option i.e parkland systems in dallas area. But for that you to personally go to them and they asses your pay for the family and only then they will let you know the cost. I beleive it would be around the same or may be around 8000 dollars.

Thanks to one and all.

Last edited by shamu; 01-12-2009 at 07:02 PM.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Are there any groups (I mean any orginzations ) which would add individuals into their group insurance.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,
Shamu

Old 01-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

We are not sure of the chronology of events such as your wife's pregnancy, Your job change, your insurance start date. If you guys had individual insurance before your wife's conceiving, insurance cannot deny coverage as pre existing condition. Make sure you put these events in a time line and rule out the possibility of coverage. if you have done so, you have to explore other options.

As far as changing job is concerned, make sure your job requirement matches the same and similar concept. If you have used AC21, why not use it one more time? Of course, your PD and other personal issues might be stopping you from doing so. But if you are just thinking about using AC21 again, dont worry. Talk to a good attorney and drink the kool aid again.

The easiest way to get through this is to get under group coverage. I will let you know if there is any way you can sneak into group coverage. but the one I can think right on top of my head is joining an employer with health insurance

Old 01-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor View Post
We are not sure of the chronology of events such as your wife's pregnancy, Your job change, your insurance start date. If you guys had individual insurance before your wife's conceiving, insurance cannot deny coverage as pre existing condition. Make sure you put these events in a time line and rule out the possibility of coverage. if you have done so, you have to explore other options.

As far as changing job is concerned, make sure your job requirement matches the same and similar concept. If you have used AC21, why not use it one more time? Of course, your PD and other personal issues might be stopping you from doing so. But if you are just thinking about using AC21 again, dont worry. Talk to a good attorney and drink the kool aid again.

The easiest way to get through this is to get under group coverage. I will let you know if there is any way you can sneak into group coverage. but the one I can think right on top of my head is joining an employer with health insurance
Thank you nixtor.

Last edited by shamu; 01-14-2009 at 01:29 AM.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Default Got under group insurance - Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor View Post

Thank you Nixtor and all other IV friends who have helped me.

And all those who came to this thread to help me and gave me lot of moral support.

I am really thankful to all.

I wish all of get the GC very soon.

Good luck to all.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute bailoor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Luck...

First of all, we would like to know whether your wife is pregnant or you are trying to know all the possible option for pregnancy.

If you are trying to know the option,

1) you can choose any individual health insurance provider(like blue cross or Aetna or State Farm etc) with maternity option. They expect to have coverage for 18 months before they accept any claims on maternity.
2) Also, ensure that the health insurance provider is coverage in complete US. Some of them have coverage only in west coast or tri state or midwest etc. In case of IT job, we can relcoate anywhere in US.

If pregnant, try these options.

a) Try to change to another employer who have GROUP HEALTH INSURANCE. Group health insurance cover pre-existing condition and hence no need to worry. Take HIGH premium option so that out-of-pocket is less and your expenses are less.

b) If you cannot change the employer, visit the reasonable cost hospitals around your neighbourhood , talk to the billing staff and ask for discounts. Usually, they give 30% discounts on the total cost. Otherwise, you can talk to the management staff(or write a letter) and get around 30-40% discount.

c) Ensure that you always visit the hospital, doctors, ob/gyn who are covered under your insurance provide network. Though your wife is not covered under maternity, they will work with their network doctor to get the discounted rate. Once you get that rate, ask for additional discount. Surely, you will get around 20-30% discount.

d) Based on my experience, here are the expenses cost....

ob/gyn - around 8k (prenatal to delivery)

pediatrician - around 1k ( from child birth to 2 month)

delivery expenses - around 8k (normal delivery)
- around 18 k ( c section)

scanning expenses - around 3k( depends on the conditions - sometimes, they
expect weekly scanning during 9th month).

Govt provides financial aid provide the total house income is less than 25k which
will not work for any IT professional.

As the expenses are HIGH, join some GOOD company for atleast 2 months, get their group health insurance and then quit and come back to your original company. After you
quit that company, you can use the COBRA option and get the maternity coverage.

GOOD LUCK...

Old 01-15-2009, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Check this... This covers maternity. Only thing you should get it before your wife become pregnant.
http://visitinsurance.com/VISIT_Incoming_Premiums.html

Old 01-15-2009, 10:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailoor View Post
First of all, we would like to know whether your wife is pregnant or you are trying to know all the possible option for pregnancy.

If you are trying to know the option,

GOOD LUCK...
Thanks for asking. My wife is already pregnant, so trying to explore options.

But I have almost finalized to get into a group insurance.

Changing employer with AC21.

Thanks for your reply.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suva View Post
Check this... This covers maternity. Only thing you should get it before your wife become pregnant.
http://visitinsurance.com/VISIT_Incoming_Premiums.html
Thank you very much.