Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2009, 05:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shamu will become famous soon enough shamu will become famous soon enough
Default Need help in Maternity Insurance

IV friends,

Sub: Immigrant requiring info on Maternity insurance.

I need information about maternity insurance** in Texas (in particular Dallas). Your help and advice is highly appreciated.

What are your inputs on Maternity Advantage, I got this information from Pregnancy Insurance.org

Also please provide me info, if any, on hospitals which provides maternity insurance.

Any thoughs, suggestions, guidance, & information would be considered helpful is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Shamu

** for pregnant with individual health insurance which does not cover maternity.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamu View Post
IV friends,

Sub: Immigrant requiring info on Maternity insurance.

I need information about maternity insurance** in Texas (in particular Dallas). Your help and advice is highly appreciated.

What are your inputs on Maternity Advantage, I got this information from Pregnancy Insurance.org

Also please provide me info, if any, on hospitals which provides maternity insurance.

Any thoughs, suggestions, guidance, & information would be considered helpful is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Shamu

** for pregnant with individual health insurance which does not cover maternity.
What I know about America that if you don't have money, hospitals are supposed to take care, if you have money, hospital will squeeze every penny.

Once I spent over a month trying to find solution: Could not get: for a female it seems to be mandatory having maternity insurance otherwise, after pregnancy, no one insures.

I thinks people lack information in this context, so you are not getting responses.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhundhun View Post
What I know about America that if you don't have money, hospitals are supposed to take care, if you have money, hospital will squeeze every penny.

Once I spent over a month trying to find solution: Could not get: for a female it seems to be mandatory having maternity insurance otherwise, after pregnancy, no one insures.

I thinks people lack information in this context, so you are not getting responses.
Thanks and I appreciate your response.

A green from me, at least I can give you this green!

Old 01-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need help in Maternity Insurance

Shamu

Hospitals will NOT provide medical insurance. They can provide financial assistance based on your income if you do qualify. Usually it is a payment plan after some discounts on the total cost of the care provided.

Secondly if you are looking for maternity coverage after getting pregnant the premiums are going to be high, and mostly the insurance companies deny coverage.

Thirdly i would check with your local medicaid office which on occasion do provide emergency maternity coverage even for legal immigrants in some states.

Old 01-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemcell View Post
Shamu

Hospitals will NOT provide medical insurance. They can provide financial assistance based on your income if you do qualify. Usually it is a payment plan after some discounts on the total cost of the care provided.

Secondly if you are looking for maternity coverage after getting pregnant the premiums are going to be high, and mostly the insurance companies deny coverage.

Thirdly i would check with your local medicaid office which on occasion do provide emergency maternity coverage even for legal immigrants in some states.
Medicaid, I believe I don't quality because of my pay.

I am looking for some payment options from Hospitals which take care from prenatal to Delivery. I have individual insurance but, that would not cover maternity insurance. In Texas you would not get individual insurance with maternity.

But I have learn't that when you have individual insurance would cover all complications of delivery, including new born baby, but not regular delivery charges.

I hope some one on this forum would have some good information which would be helpful to me.

Any one reading this post, please provide your suggestions or ideas. That would be really helpful.

Thanking in advance.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of skd has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamu View Post
IV friends,

Based on my experience , Depending on type of delivery hospital bill for delivery can vary from 10,000 to 15,000 for Mom and 2000-3000 for new baby.
And prenatal bill around 4000 ( excluding all UltraSounds) One UltraSound Cost around 400-500 $.

So, If you don't have insurance total bill my about around 25,000.

Depending how far in pregnancy you are, One of my friend was in same situation he decided to take his wife to home country.
I am not discouraging you, But keep all this in mind before you take the decision.
I Hope and pray that you can get some kind of insurence
PD:- 09/2004 (TSC -> NSC)
I140:- RD 06/2006/Approved 06/2006
I485:-RD-07-02-2007/ND-08/17/2007
I485 Approved:-??

Old 01-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Compare
nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of

I have had 1 friend go through this. In his case he decided to go through the "India Doctors Association" and they refered him to this OBGYN who helped him as community service. She didnt charge anything for her own fees but he had to pay the clinic for tests. For hospital he just put his hands up and didnt pay a penny - it ofcourse spoiled his credit but he didnt care as the amount was so unrealistically high for him (wife had c section so it costs like 40-50k).

I did a quick google and there is something called the "North Texas Indian Physicians Charitable Foundation " contact them and Im sure they will help you out by working with one of their members.

http://tipsfreeclinic.org/default.aspx

Last edited by nozerd; 01-10-2009 at 05:19 PM.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozerd View Post
I have had 1 friend go through this. In his case he decided to go through the "India Doctors Association" and they refered him to this OBGYN who helped him as community service. She didnt charge anything for her own fees but he had to pay the clinic for tests. For hospital he just put his hands up and didnt pay a penny - it ofcourse spoiled his credit but he didnt care as the amount was so unrealistically high for him (wife had c section so it costs like 40-50k).

I did a quick google and there is something called the "North Texas Indian Physicians Charitable Foundation " contact them and Im sure they will help you out by working with one of their members.

http://tipsfreeclinic.org/default.aspx
I really thank you all for the support and information provided.

Thank you all.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold

1.In general private insurance does not cover maternity benefits. But private insurance holders are eligible for negotiated price.

In general negotiated price are around 50-70% less than the actual price.

2. Choose doctors from your network. eg: many anesthesia doctors are out of network.

3.Complications will be covered by your insurance. So do not worry about this.

4.Take a payment plan from hospital.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallavi79 View Post
1.In general private insurance does not cover maternity benefits. But private insurance holders are eligible for negotiated price.

In general negotiated price are around 50-70% less than the actual price.

2. Choose doctors from your network. eg: many anesthesia doctors are out of network.

3.Complications will be covered by your insurance. So do not worry about this.

4.Take a payment plan from hospital.
Thank you Pallavi,

I knew about point 3 but could not confirm with any one.

About point 4, I am trying to find a hospital that would provide a payment plan in Dallas area.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure what your health insurance situation with your employer is. Here is some thing I know. Please research and see whether this helps.

Under HIPPA regulations, insurance companies cannot decline pregnancy as pre existing condition if you and your spouse are covered by group coverage. Generally, group coverage is the coverage you get from your employer. If you currently do not have health insurance through your employer, try to sneak into the plan now as most employers will have open enrollment period during Jan/Feb of each year. If you try to buy individual coverage from a HMO/PPO, those insurance companies can mercilessly decline maternity coverage.

If you get into group coverage, no matter what trimester your wife is in, insurance companies WILL have to cover the maternity as per the plan choose.

Please investigate and let us know what you find.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold Pallavi79 is a splendid one to behold

<Quote>About point 4, I am trying to find a hospital that would provide a payment plan in Dallas area.</Quote>
I believe all hospitals provide payment plan.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2005
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
aamirzeeshan is on a distinguished road
Default Medical Hospitals

I understand your situation as i was there once. If you dont have insurance than your options are very limited. if you live in dallas county parkland hospital is your only choice. Parkland has a network of several clinics around DFW area. Every clinic has financial assistance department. You can visit any of those and they will setup a payment plan which is reasonable based on your income. You will visit them for all prenatal care and when the time comes for delivery it will be taken to parkland. and parkland is a very good hospital as well. beside parkland several hospitals also offer cash plans like RHD memorial at 635 but they will charge you close to 4k just for delivery day and if its a normal one. you will have to do prenatal at your own.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
DDash is a jewel in the rough DDash is a jewel in the rough DDash is a jewel in the rough
Default Here is some more info

Dont worry...we are not alone. Infact, we (I and my wife) are going through this phase as we speak.

1) As someone else pointed group insurance is the best option so far in my research.

2)** Chk out this site: http://www.aim.ca.gov/english/costs.html I am planning to apply soon hoping that we will qualify

3) Call a OBGYN and tell them that you dont have insurance, generally they will suggest a community center kind of a place where you can get started with prenatal care, such as re-confirmation, ultrascan etc

4) Call the hospital for the payment plan and get into it.

Good luck to us.

**EDIT: Point 2 is for CA residents only.

Last edited by DDash; 01-11-2009 at 05:36 PM.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all texcan is a name known to all
Default donot worry its alright.

1) Try state group insurance
Texas and for that matter every state has a group insurance coverage for folks
who donot get coverage from any other insurance provider.

This is a coverage that you will get for sure, only document you will need is a written paper from insurance company that one cant be insured.

Check the state insurance board website.

2) check free clinics, these clinics will provide complete care ( you can pay them if you like)if you dont thats fine too. I suggest paying them if you can even if its a bit high, as someone who cant afford may one day get to use this service too.

3) Ask yours employer's insurance agent, group insurances gurantee insurance.

Donot worry, life works in interesting ways. As last resort one can go to home country for delivery.

donot worry.

** Contributed $200 & Pledged for $100 every month **
- 485 receipt received : Sept 17th
-EAD - Card production ordered - Sept 24th
-485: NSC - Mailed july 25th. Received jul 26
-140: TSC - Approved Jul/aug 07
-Labor: TSC - June 06