Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of
Default GC speed in future

hello friends,

my post may seem like a stupid post as I am at labor stage (applied in March 2009 for EB3) and having high hopes to have GC in future. My intension is to have answers to my curiosity (hope) and to understand the reality.

I know GC process is very slow at the moment & EB3 is with status U.
But once economy picks up, as expected better economy in second half of 2010,
can we expect better speed for GC also.

GC is based on quota system, I fall in EB3 + India, slowest category for professional.
Can we expect good speed for this category in end of 2010?

Thanks a lot....

Last edited by good idea; 07-28-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light ksircar is a glorious beacon of light
Default Speed-up is expected.

Yes, 10 to 20 years in average.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts
Default No offence

You should be having you GC in your vallet by 2026...it should be close to 17 years for EB3 with 2009 priority date....if everything remain the way it is.

Regards,
Deepak

Old 07-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
stevensjd is infamous around these parts stevensjd is infamous around these parts

Check this thread
visa cutoff date movement - number crunching by Ron gotcher

Old 07-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute Pagal has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

My 2-cents...don't let GC hold your career hostage...live well, prosper well, support IV and in the meanwhile if GC happens, its a nice to have, but not a showstopper...

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute

Find an employer that'll sponsor you for graduate studies. Get a degree and then find an employer that'll sponsor you for EB2. That'll give you GC for 12 years. If you want it faster, get a PhD. Even EB1-I will probably retrogressed when your turn comes, but hopefully, not too much.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of good idea has much to be proud of
Default thanks

thanks for your views, I have visited the mentioned title also.
in short - stop thinking about GC...

thanks & good luck.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

No green card for you. Thousands of people are in line before you. They have been waiting for past 10-12 years. it may take 5 more yrs for them to get green card. So how can you hope that you can get green card by 2011. Just work well for 6 years, enjoy life in US, enjoy sports cars by renting, not by buying, rent a big house, have a lawn and garden in back yard, grow your own vegetables. Have nice vacations like Hawaii, Jamaican islands, Vegas, Porto Rico etc.,Have fun in life. Dont go for green card. After 6 years, get nice job in India,own apartment near to office and ask your parents to live with you. Take kids to school . Have fun with them. Try to become director, AVP,VP,SVP,CEO,CTO and President. Do not go for green card. After you become director, buy a single family home and mercedez or BMW and have fun. Retire by the time your kids become earners. Grow vegetables in back yard. Do gardening and have fun. Thats how life should be. Do not hope for green card.

Total contributions $120

5 out of 6 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
man-woman-and-gc will become famous soon enough
Default Hilarious...

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma001 View Post
No green card for you. Thousands of people are in line before you. They have been waiting for past 10-12 years. it may take 5 more yrs for them to get green card. So how can you hope that you can get green card by 2011. Just work well for 6 years, enjoy life in US, enjoy sports cars by renting, not by buying, rent a big house, have a lawn and garden in back yard, grow your own vegetables. Have nice vacations like Hawaii, Jamaican islands, Vegas, Porto Rico etc.,Have fun in life. Dont go for green card. After 6 years, get nice job in India,own apartment near to office and ask your parents to live with you. Take kids to school . Have fun with them. Try to become director, AVP,VP,SVP,CEO,CTO and President. Do not go for green card. After you become director, buy a single family home and mercedez or BMW and have fun. Retire by the time your kids become earners. Grow vegetables in back yard. Do gardening and have fun. Thats how life should be. Do not hope for green card.
Too funny !!!!
Best Regards

Old 07-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

GC speed is not related to economy.
Its related to several other factors. If you are EB3 India, then it is really difficult to get a greencard in the next few years due to the backlog and per country limits

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 07-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by man-woman-and-gc View Post
Too funny !!!!
I got one more red for funny post. Ok I will take it. No green card for me, atleast red dots for me...Hehe

Total contributions $120

Old 07-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare
bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of

anyone want to send this one to newspaper ? it's a good one .. joke section would be nice

Quote:

Old 07-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of

Mr/Ms Good Idea -

"What an idea, Sirjee!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by good idea View Post
hello friends,

my post may seem like a stupid post as I am at labor stage (applied in March 2009 for EB3) and having high hopes to have GC in future. My intension is to have answers to my curiosity (hope) and to understand the reality.

I know GC process is very slow at the moment & EB3 is with status U.
But once economy picks up, as expected better economy in second half of 2010,
can we expect better speed for GC also.

GC is based on quota system, I fall in EB3 + India, slowest category for professional.
Can we expect good speed for this category in end of 2010?

Thanks a lot....

Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute GCOP has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry. Gave you Green for creating humor.

Quote:
I got one more red for funny post. Ok I will take it. No green card for me, atleast red dots for me...Hehe

Old 07-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Now, I knew how I got 3 greens all of a sudden, thanks Guys

Total contributions $120

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.