Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Achi Goro is on a distinguished road
Default Need Your Help On Concrrently filing of 1-140 and 1-1485

Hey Guys

I need your help on these issues. My labor certification was filed on October 25th 2006 and had it approved on 5th of November 2006.

Now my employer is ready to file the 1-140 together with 1-1485. My question is, I do not know whether my priority date is current for the filing of these forms.

Looking at the above filing date, can some one brief me on my likely priority date?

The other question is, even though my employer is taking the responsibilty of my filing process, I am paying all the expenses ( be it the Attorney fee as well as other additional fees are being borne by me).

When do you think will be appropriate for me to quit this job after my 1-140 and 1-1485 have been filed? Please advice me on this because my initially promised to pay for all the expenses but denied this after I have taken up the job.

Last edited by Achi Goro; 11-17-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 11-17-2006, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of
Default welcome !!

Welcome to the club achi goro

This whole forum started because of retrogression so to answer your question - you may not be able to file 485 because of unavailable visa numbers. Your attorney should know this, your PD is the day when you filed your labor.

good luck,

Old 11-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I need your help on these issues. My labor certification was filed on October 25th 2006 and had it approved on 5th of November 2006.

Now my employer is ready to file the 1-140 together with 1-1485. My question is, I do not know whether my priority date is current for the filing of these forms.

Looking at the above filing date, can some one brief me on my likely priority date?

The other question is, even though my employer is taking the responsibilty of my filing process, I am paying all the expenses ( be it the Attorney fee as well as other additional fees are being borne by me).

When do you think will be appropriate for me to quit this job after my 1-140 and 1-1485 have been filed? Please advice me on this because my initially promised to pay for all the expenses but denied this after I have taken up the job.[/quote]

Old 11-17-2006, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achi Goro
Hey Guys

Now my employer is ready to file the 1-140 together with 1-1485. My question is, I do not now whether my priority date is current for the filling of these forms.

Looking at the above filling date, can some one brief me on my likely priority date?

When do you think will be appropriate for me to quit this job after my 1-140 and 1-1485 have been filed? Please advice me on this because my initially promised to pay for all the expenses but denied this after I have taken up the job.
Your priority date is the date your labor certification application was filed or the date you filed I-140 if your category does not require a labor certification.
So, in your case your PD is October 25, 2006. If you are EB1 or EB2 and not from India or China then I would say your priority date is current and you may file both I-140 and I-485 concurrently. Otherwise, you may file I-140 now and then file I-485 when your PD is current.

To find if your PD is current check the Visa Bulletin at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_1360.html

Using AC21 you may quit after your I-485 has been outstanding for more than 180 days. If you quit before then, you may have to restart your GC process.

***DISCLAIMER****
(I am not an attorney, please consult an immigration attorney or use advice at your own risk).

Last edited by fromnaija; 11-17-2006 at 05:09 PM.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromnaija
Your priority date is the date your labor certification application was filed or the date you filed I-140 if your category does not require a labor certification.
So, in your case your PD is October 25, 2006. If you are EB1 or EB2 and not from India or China then I would say your priority date is current and you may file both I-140 and I-485 concurrently. Otherwise, you may file I-140 now and then file I-485 when your PD is current.

To find if your PD is current check the Visa Bulletin at http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_1360.html

Using AC21 you may quit after your I-485 has been outstanding for more than 180 days. If you quit before then, you may have to restart your GC process.

***DISCLAIMER****
(I am not an attorney, please consult an immigration attorney or use advice at your own risk).

Thank you for information

What if I fall on category EB-3 and not from India and China. Can my employer still file it ? This is because the minimum requirement for this job is a Bachelors Degree even though I do have a masters degree.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05-15-2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05-18-2006
Compare
mihird is on a distinguished road
Default EB3, I believe is backlogged all the way to 2001 for people of all nationalities..

You should check the latest visa bulletin from DOS..so you won't be able to file 140 & 485 concurrently...

Old 11-17-2006, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

What if I fall on category EB-3 and not from India and China. Can my employer still file it ? This is because the minimum requirement for this job is a Bachelors Degree even though I do have a masters degree.
Big holler from me! You become EB3 ROW (Rest of the world).

Find another employer who is willing to do an EB2 and you might have EAD in 6-8 months

Old 11-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Welcome to my world - EB3 ROW. You may file your I-140 now and wait until your priority date becomes current to file I-485. But EB3 ROW is currently retrogressed and unless a legislation is passed to bring relief, you may not be able to file I-485 until about 4 years from today.
Believe me you are not alone. My employers filed in EB3 for me even though I have a Bachelor plus 20 years of IT experience.
Another option is to find another employer and job that meets EB2 requirements. I am seriously considering that in my case.

Closed Thread