Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go_gc_way is on a distinguished road
Default Please post more details ..

Please post more details .. What happend.

I am eager to know.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks Aman. IAFPE can make a difference.

Aman, first of all I thank you from bottom of my heart for the selfless dedicated work. You are fighting for our cause and may God shower his choicest blessings on you and the core team.
I have closely worked with IAFPE on one previous occasion and also informed one core team member about this organization last year with some details of my good experience with them. With their 22 state chapters and their experince in working with politicians, this organization has what it takes to a make a difference in this mission. If all these chapters become active on retrogression issue, we would achieve our goal earlier than we believe. Thanks to IAFPE for invitation to IV to participate in the annual event. We need more help from Indain American community.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Report from IV

We are pleased to inform about IVs successful participation in the Indian American Forum for Political Education (IAFPE or Forum) Annual convention. Three core members- Aman, Vineet and I traveled to Boston to attend this convention. We also thank the Massachusetts IV members for actively participating to increase the profile of our cause. It was wonderful to meet and interact with the local IV members. We needed the collective strength of the IV team in this convention to network with some important Indian Americans from various organizations involved with the political process and also to meet with the lawmakers in this convention. The important lawmakers whom we were able to meet and apprise them of our issues were- MA Congressman James McGovern (Important #2 position in the House Rules Committee: Rather than being responsible for a specific area of policy, as most other committees are, it is in charge of determining under what rule other bills will come to the floor. As such, it is one of the most powerful committees, and often described as "an arm of the leadership" and as the "traffic cop" of Congress. Between control over amendments and debate, the Rules Committee exerts vast power in the House.) and MA Congressman Barney Frank (will lead the House Financial Services Committee). Congressman McGovern and Congressman Frank were very supportive of all our provisions. We will be following up with their office to translate their continued support for early resolution our issues. Other key people are listed in the first post on this thread and we were able to connect with most of them. We will be following up with all our contacts in the coming weeks. This convention also gave us the opportunity to set momentum for the MA chapter and our MA chapter will be organizing activities in the coming weeks. Such activities at the State chapters are very important for the success of our effort. If you are from MA Please sign up on the chapter thread.

IV core is also very thankful to some local IV members in Boston for extending an invitation to us for staying in their place. IV core graciously welcome the kind gesture and it will also help build a strong IV community.

Stuart Anderson, Executive Director of the National Foundation for American Policy, spoke at the event about the importance of fixing the issues of green card and high-skilled immigrants. For those of us who do not know, Stuart served as Executive Associate Commissioner for Policy and Planning and Counselor to the Commissioner at the Immigration and Naturalization Service from August 2001 to January 2003. He spent four and a half years on Capitol Hill on the Senate Immigration Subcommittee, first for Senator Spencer Abraham and then as Staff Director of the subcommittee for Senator Sam Brownback. Stuart made a very good presentation on the need for high skilled immigrants in this country and the problems such High Skilled immigrants face in their quest for Green cards. This presentation was followed by an appeal by our IV President, Aman Kapoor to the Indian American audience asking for help and support in our cause. The message was very well received and we had several inquires from the audience after the presentation expressing their support for our cause. We also had excellent opportunity to meet leaders from other Indian American organizations that were well represented at the Forum convention. Most of these organizations expressed their support and willingness to help us. We will be following-up and aggressively communicating with these organizations to translate their support into their help for IV to achieve our goals.

At the end of the event we were satisfied to be able to meet and discuss our issues with the key Congressmen, generate awareness and build relationships to help us succeed in the cause.

IV welcomes similar leads from all IV members that could get us the opportunity to participate in similar events of any ethnic community or any other forum that could potentially help us achieve our goals.

We thank all IV members for their continued support in our common cause.

Last edited by pappu; 12-04-2006 at 12:04 PM.

Old 12-03-2006, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Good news. Hopefully we will start to hear more similar news about lawmakers becoming aware of the situation and expressing their support.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go_gc_way is on a distinguished road
Default Good news ..

This is very good news.
Congratulations to Massachutes local IV team...well done. Good compliments from IV.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2005
Compare
baburob2 is on a distinguished road

good job. hats off to the efforts.

Old 12-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2007
Compare
swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute swarnapuri has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Hats Off!!

Nice job!

Old 12-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/24/2002
Compare
sreekanth will become famous soon enough
Default Nice job

Excellent Team effort. Nice feedback. Thanks to all the time & effort you have put for this.