Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pidurika will become famous soon enough
Default 485 Interview Notice

Hi,
We received an "Initial interview notice" for my wife for the pending AOS (Employement Based). The interview is on April 20th in Santa Ana, CA. I am the primary appicant. I have searched this site and outside and gathered some information. I have spoken to my law firm about it briefly. I still have a lot more unanswered questions and appreciate if someone in the same boat can share their experiences -

1. I have not received an interview notice for myself, the primary applicant. My lawyer says I should be expecting one in the next week or so. If I do not get one, will I have to accompany my wife to the interview?

2. I asked my lawyer if getting an interview notice is a cause for concern. She replied it is a very normal process. Please share your thoughts

3. I asked her if I will know of a decision (Approved or not) the same day and she said "Yes". Point to note here is my PD is Sep 2005 (EB2-I) which is not current. Please share your thoughts.

4. We had taken our fingerprints in NJ ASC office although we were supposed to go to CA ASC (I was travelling in NJ at the time of FP appointment last year). Later (in 11/08) we got notice that our cases were transferred to NBC and now we received this "Interview Notice". Do you guys think the Interview is related to the FP.

5. We have EADs and APs. We have been using them for work and travel. I was told they collect the EADs and APs during the interview from us. How far is it true?

6. The notice lists a set of documents that seem pretty standard to me. My lawyer said she will be with my wife on the day of the appt. Is there anything else that you know I should be aware that I may be overlooking? Just to clarify, I do not have any DUI records and misdemeanors. Pretty clean records in all aspects including IRS.

Thank you for your time
AP
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2009, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Here are some of answers

Some answers which might help you !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidurika View Post
Hi,
We received an "Initial interview notice" for my wife for the pending AOS (Employement Based). The interview is on April 20th in Santa Ana, CA. I am the primary appicant. I have searched this site and outside and gathered some information. I have spoken to my law firm about it briefly. I still have a lot more unanswered questions and appreciate if someone in the same boat can share their experiences -

1. I have not received an interview notice for myself, the primary applicant. My lawyer says I should be expecting one in the next week or so. If I do not get one, will I have to accompany my wife to the interview?

Usually both of you will rcv similar letters and both will go together. You can always take your lawyer with you. It just gives a comfort zone.

2. I asked my lawyer if getting an interview notice is a cause for concern. She replied it is a very normal process. Please share your thoughts.

Very normal and in my opinion good. Why it is good - as when they usually call for interview all the name check etc is done and they just pick random cases for interview. Once the interview is done the decision is made on the case. If you do not have anything wrong with your case then 99.99% it will be approved pending VISA # allocation.

3. I asked her if I will know of a decision (Approved or not) the same day and she said "Yes". Point to note here is my PD is Sep 2005 (EB2-I) which is not current. Please share your thoughts.

Usually a decision is made and if you will ask the IO will tell you verbally that the case is approved or not but if the date for your case is not current you aint going to get the damn card.

4. We had taken our fingerprints in NJ ASC office although we were supposed to go to CA ASC (I was travelling in NJ at the time of FP appointment last year). Later (in 11/08) we got notice that our cases were transferred to NBC and now we received this "Interview Notice". Do you guys think the Interview is related to the FP.

No -it is just routine thing, in the recent times(hard economic time esp for immigrants) it looks like that USCIS has increased such interviews.

5. We have EADs and APs. We have been using them for work and travel. I was told they collect the EADs and APs during the interview from us. How far is it true?

-Dont know about this but I know that they do collect I-94 cards.

6. The notice lists a set of documents that seem pretty standard to me. My lawyer said she will be with my wife on the day of the appt. Is there anything else that you know I should be aware that I may be overlooking? Just to clarify, I do not have any DUI records and misdemeanors. Pretty clean records in all aspects including IRS.

Pretty clean record so just be KOOL and get through this, have all TAX documents for last 3-4 years + pay stub.

They can ask you about your job duties, roles, responsibilites and try to match up with what is on the document they have..........so just prepare for that part. Also they can interview you first and then your wife and ask same/similar questions to both of you.......this is a check to see if your marriage is not fraud or something. Example is asking both people - When did you get married? How did you meet? How long you have been staying together etc.........

Thank you for your time

If you have more questions I probably can help a lil more.........
AP

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Thanks

Piyu7444,
Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I am still trying to get my thoughts together on the recent development. I am sure I will have more questions soon.
Just curious to know, is this something you or someone you know have actually gone through?

AP

Old 03-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
oliTwist has a spectacular aura about oliTwist has a spectacular aura about
Default how come you got the call?

Is it based on consular processing? Looks like not. And your PD is not current. ????
Is it based on 140 application date? Does anyone else also got such calls?

Old 03-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold piyu7444 is a splendid one to behold
Smile Yes

Quote:
Piyu7444,
Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I am still trying to get my thoughts together on the recent development. I am sure I will have more questions soon.
Just curious to know, is this something you or someone you know have actually gone through?

AP
Yes all the answers are based on real life experience - real case !

Old 03-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute
Default My 2c

I can share this based on similar case in our family where the dependent was called for the interview, but not the primary...

Quote:
Hi,

It is not necessary that you will also get the interview. You can accompany your spouse to the office, but it is upto the IO to allow you to be present during the interview. You can request the IO to be present with your wife, but the IO can allow or disallow you...

2. I asked my lawyer if getting an interview notice is a cause for concern. She replied it is a very normal process. Please share your thoughts

I don't think so...They might want to just check the documents or ask for additional information. In the case familiar to me, the dependent was called for the interview because the fingerprints did not go through and the IO wanted police clearance certificates from the places where they lived...Also I guess, the IO had the chance to ascertain the identity in person...

Not necessarily...You don't even know what if there is additional documentation required by CIS. How can the IO decide the case on the spot when CIS needs additional documentation for your case? The IO might ask for additional evidence to the mailed in and the IO might make the decision later...In the case mentioned above, that's what happened even though the PD was current...After the additional docs were submitted over snail mail (at some local immigration office, not CIS center), the case was approved...

Can't tell and Don't know...

I don't know...

Looks like you have a clean case...So don't worry...Take all CIS related documentation along with diploma certificates, old passports, BCs and whatever you can think of...

Thank you for your time
AP

Last edited by transpass; 03-05-2009 at 03:21 PM.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliTwist View Post
Is it based on consular processing? Looks like not. And your PD is not current. ????
Is it based on 140 application date? Does anyone else also got such calls?
oliTwist,

This is not Consular Processing, but regular AOS (Or whatever the right terminology is).
Not sure what you mean by "based on 140 application date". I assume you are saying they are picking cases based on 140 date and not labor/PD or 485 dates. I would not know that but I agree that it is something to look for a trend. We will know if that is indeed the trend if we find more such cases. I hate speculating trends, especially with USCIS behaviour. So I will stay away from it, unless I see a really strong trend that I can confirm.

Anil

Old 03-05-2009, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2012
Compare
vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute vdlrao has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you for your time
AP

By April 20 2009, which is your wife's interview date, your PD will be current. But I dont know whether they approve her case on the same day or not.

Last edited by vdlrao; 03-05-2009 at 03:01 PM.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2008
Compare
Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all Humhongekamyab is a name known to all

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you for your time
AP
I don't want to offend you but was your wife ever arrested, no matter how minor the offense? I heard EB applicants are interviewed only if there are any outstanding court cases.

Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdlrao View Post
By April 20 2009, which is your wife's interview date, your PD will be current. But I dont know whether they approve her case on the same day or not.

vdlrao...man u really make some bold predictions...so you are saying that people with september 2005 priority date will current in the april bulletin? if that happens....jai ho to u

Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute transpass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humhongekamyab View Post
I don't want to offend you but was your wife ever arrested, no matter how minor the offense? I heard EB applicants are interviewed only if there are any outstanding court cases.
You heard it wrong...See my above post...

Old 03-05-2009, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light

wow...after logging in after ages.. i see that i have now 3 red dots...and i used to be one of those with 20 green dots...thanks a ton to all those who did this.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default I received my interview notice too

Just wanted to update the latest development. I got the same "Initial Interview" Notice today. The date and place are the same as my wife's (April 20th) with a 15 minute difference.

Old 03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humhongekamyab View Post
No arrests for either one of us.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2004
Compare
jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute jungalee43 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Please update the post with your experience

Please update this post when your interview is done. That would help many people.

Quote:
Just wanted to update the latest development. I got the same "Initial Interview" Notice today. The date and place are the same as my wife's (April 20th) with a 15 minute difference.