Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 05:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/27/2007
Compare
rsinha2006 is on a distinguished road
Default Relocation when I485 pending....

Hi,

My I485 (and my wife's I485 as well) has been pending for nearly past 1.5 years @NSC under EB3-India. My I140 was approved in Sept-2007. My priority date is JUNE-2002.

I am planning to move from California to Texas in next few months, however, my job profile, job duty, employer, reporting structure etc will be same after the relocation. Basically I will do the same job, except, will do it from Texas rather than from California.

So I want to know

A) whether this relocation will anyway negatively impact my I485 processing ?

B) What are the possible repercussions to the pending I485?

C) Has anyone relocated during the last stage of their GC processing ? If so, can you describe your experience w.r.t. GC processing?

D) Will my GC file move from Nebraska to Texas Service Center ?

Will appreciate some feedback.

Thanks,
Rakesh.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2009, 05:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-28-2007
Compare
CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute CaliHoneB has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am also in a similar situation

I am also in a similar situation. i want to move out of my present location but my labor was filed in cali and it is for a particular location. However the job can be done remotely also so I think at the worst I can still use Ac21 but I would still like to hear experiences of other people..

Thanks in Advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsinha2006 View Post
Hi,

My I485 (and my wife's I485 as well) has been pending for nearly past 1.5 years @NSC under EB3-India. My I140 was approved in Sept-2007. My priority date is JUNE-2002.

I am planning to move from California to Texas in next few months, however, my job profile, job duty, employer, reporting structure etc will be same after the relocation. Basically I will do the same job, except, will do it from Texas rather than from California.

So I want to know

C) Has anyone relocated during the last stage of their GC processing ? If so, can you describe your experience w.r.t. GC processing?

Thanks,
Rakesh.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute vin13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

So I want to know

Thanks,
Rakesh.
I changed jobs twice invoking AC-21. My case is in Nebraska service center. My new job is in a state which comes under Texas Service Center. But my case has not moved to TSC. In fact, i had to apply for AP from texas which got approved.

You will have to forefit your H1-B unless they want to process a transfer H1-B. You can start working on EAD.

If your employer is not going to revoke your 485 then do not send any AC21 letter even though you are invoking it. This way you are avoiding any possible questions or transfers.

Old 03-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Folks changing residence whether in same city or different city need to update address with USCIS this is a law and there is no exception to this. Rather needs to be done within 10 days of moving. Recently I have seen that few folks that changed states and filed AR11 got an RFE for an updated EVL. The reson cited for this RFE was that the applicant had changed the geographical location and CIS wanted to confir, if the job was still valid. So after you change address be prepared for sending updated EVL and possibly paystubs and W2 for a possible RFE. I guess only way out is to fly in fly out to new location and keep the old address as primary residence.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold shana04 is a splendid one to behold
Default No problem in changing places

Quote:
No, I have changed twice

Quote:
nothing, need to follow up to make sure you get confirmation from USCIS once you changed the address.

Quote:
Yes I did and I have changed twice. I went online and used AR11 and then gave information about all my pending cases. After that I got confirmation in mail (not email, the regular mail), but second time I did not and got bit scared. But when I talked to IO they said they have new address in the system. I had to take infopass and the IO at the infopass said they had the new address. so bottom line you need to follow up and make sure you have your address updated. some follow up needs to be done and don't forget to take screen shots for confirmation number.

Quote:
I do not know about this. may be some other memeber can explain this.

good luck on your move.

Old 03-09-2009, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
Folks changing residence whether in same city or different city need to update address with USCIS this is a law and there is no exception to this. Rather needs to be done within 10 days of moving. Recently I have seen that few folks that changed states and filed AR11 got an RFE for an updated EVL. The reson cited for this RFE was that the applicant had changed the geographical location and CIS wanted to confir, if the job was still valid. So after you change address be prepared for sending updated EVL and possibly paystubs and W2 for a possible RFE. I guess only way out is to fly in fly out to new location and keep the old address as primary residence.
U suggest that someone fly in and out from Texas to California every week just to avoid an RFE on updated EVL? You will end up spending a fortune maintaining two houses hotel, car, food. Instead - just respond to RFE - in worst case, just respond to MTR - works out way cheaper and less hassles.

Do you think you can avoid RFE if you fly in and out and not change address?

Come on folks - if you filed for AC21 why worry about RFE? Just talk to the lawyer and run the EVL through a lawyer if you have doubts if the new EVL will be accepted by USCIS.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

So I want to know

Thanks,
Rakesh.

I relocated 6 months back while my 485 is pending (its still pending ) My attorney filed AC21 to notify change in employers address. We filed AR-11 to notify change in our home address. My job desc, roles and responsibilities still remain the same at new location.

I haven't yet seen any adverse affects due to relocation.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
chanvizgran is on a distinguished road
Default 485 REF after i move

My wife got RFE on her pending I-485 and we moved to new address six months back and at that time i changed address online by using AR11 eventhough i got the confirmation number on address change it didn't get updated at that time. my wife checked them last week after i got email from USCIS regarding RFE and we come to know that they still have old address and her RFE went to old address and eventually it is returned to USCIS. Is anybody knows how long it will take to resend the RFE to new address once i requested and how many days they will give for response.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice hopelessGC is just really nice

So, is AR-11 the only form we have to file?

OR

Do we need to take additional steps to make sure the pending 485 petition has the new address as well?

Old 03-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold

My experience is that it is a big mess to change address. Did it last year for both my wife and my I-485. Had confirmation receipts etc. My change is ok but my wife still shows the old address in the system.

We found that out when we receive a letter that our case was transferred to TSC. The letter was initially sent to the old address, got bounced and then got re-delivered to the new address. We then had a infopass and found that it was still the old address.

Bottom line...go ahead and change but you better verify by calling USCIC and Infppass.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of

I changed the location from FL to MA. I got RFE on employement

Even I DID NOT changed the employer.You never know.

Quote:
Hi,

So I want to know

Thanks,
Rakesh.

Old 07-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
soormabhopali will become famous soon enough soormabhopali will become famous soon enough
Default Moving to Texas from New Jersey

I am planning to move to Texas from New Jersey. I will be working for the same H1b employer, working remotely for the client. I will be really thankful if anyone can point out the issues which I should be aware of before I make this move.
Thanks

Old 07-28-2009, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute bp333 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soormabhopali View Post
I am planning to move to Texas from New Jersey. I will be working for the same H1b employer, working remotely for the client. I will be really thankful if anyone can point out the issues which I should be aware of before I make this move.
Thanks
Relocation during AOS is not an issue. I went through that process. In my case my employer shut-down the office in one state and moved to another. My attorney filed for AC-21 (marking end of H1 and start of EAD) and I filed change of address AR11 online.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
soormabhopali will become famous soon enough soormabhopali will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much. But do we need to invoke AC-21? I want to continue on my H1.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default No problem with Address Change

I dont think there will be Issues changing the address

I have changed my Address during I 485 stage filing Ar 11 and submitting the form, I have received new fingerprintings to teh new address.

There maybe 1 in a million the change could effect the process, but there is always risk in living in this world If we want to do a perfect filling and do not want to take risk that changing the address may impact ur GC process then PLEASE stop freaking about GC and dont let it mess your life and career.

If we are following all the process and even then if there is a issue u may receive a RFE, answer it, if not ur file maybe rejected then u can open MTR, even then if there is some issue, then I would suggest to go back to home country and live like a free BIRD without the hassle of GC,Contracts,relocation,etc.

So chill it have , dont waste precious moments of life worrying about the impact of relcoation, do ur karma and leave it.