Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
United States
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts dontcareanymore is infamous around these parts
Default Transit visa at frankfurt

Does frankfurt require transit visa if some one is traveling to India if:

A) While going to india and have H1/H4 valid until 2011, but stamping expired.

B) while coming back to USA if I am planning on coming on Advance Parole ?

How long does the airport visa take ? I traveled through FF in 2005, but I had valid H1 stamp. It is expired since and perhaps wont get stamped before coming back, but use AP.

<edit> This is what I found on the germany.info site

"Indian, Turkish, Nigerian and Ghanaian airport transit travelers who

- are holding a valid visa or other residence permit for the USA (this includes advance paroles, but not approval notices), Canada or Switzerland and travel to the country which issued that visa or residence permit

or- after a legal stay in the USA (this includes holders of valid approval notices), Canada or Switzerland- return to the country whose citizenship they hold"

</edit>

Last edited by dontcareanymore; 05-12-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2009, 03:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold kk_kk is a splendid one to behold

I have travelled via Frankfurt recently and you don't need a transit visa if

while going from USA to India

1. if your final destination is India and you hold Indian Passport

while coming from India to USA

2. AP is just fine.
IL - State Chapter

Old 05-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontcareanymore View Post

How long does the airport visa take ? I traveled through FF in 2005, but I had valid H1 stamp. It is expired since and perhaps wont get stamped before coming back, but use AP.

- are holding a valid visa or other residence permit for the USA (this includes advance paroles, but not approval notices), Canada or Switzerland and travel to the country which issued that visa or residence permit

or- after a legal stay in the USA (this includes holders of valid approval notices), Canada or Switzerland- return to the country whose citizenship they hold"

</edit>
DontCare, why do u care, Mate? LOL.
Jokes apart.
You should be ok with the visa (no stamping). I had 2 friends travelling via FF with 797 notices ,got stamping in India and came back via frankfurt.
So i guess AP should also be okay.

hope this helps.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
ram_nara303 will become famous soon enough ram_nara303 will become famous soon enough

I travelled through FRA last year to be precise. Never had a H1-B1 stamping on my passport. Used my AP. Sent email to german consulate prior to travel to check for transit visa. They responded that there is no need to have transit visa unless you are going out of the airport to visit(Schengen visa). So you should be good to go on AP.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kadarm can only hope to improve

We went to India last year. No issues. No need of transit visa. The German consulate letter says the same.
AP Approved

Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cbadari99 is just really nice cbadari99 is just really nice cbadari99 is just really nice cbadari99 is just really nice
Default Interesting Read

Though a little off-topic, this is an interesting read

http://www.telegraphindia.com/109051...y_10956610.jsp

Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of

Interesting. That's why I always fly the US - India non-stop by Delta or Continental nowadays. No more dealing with nonsense from 3rd countries in Europe and their rude immigration officers.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold kiran_k02 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontcareanymore View Post

</edit>
I travelled through FrankFurt to India( enroute to India, I did not have valid visa on my passport) and back with stamped Visa. I had AP but did not use it.

My advice to you, don't worry about it. You do not need transit visa.

KK
I140 -- AD -- Jun 02, 07.
AP Renewal -- AD Dec 10, 08.
EAD Renewal -- AD Nov 22nd, 08 valid till 2010.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts gcnotfiledyet is infamous around these parts

I wonder what is the need of such crap from these airlines? Why not fly directly when service is available. Racism in Europe is a known fact and is evident everywhere. Best is to boycott their service and they will realize the result. Until people start doing it on massive scale they will not provide proper service.

My advice screw Europe, fly direct. This will help US economy and help create jobs here and can indirectly help us here.