Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about
Default Good Canada PR consulting companies

Finally I gave a thought to all this GC business and I am planning to start my Canadian PR too, here are my questions :

1. Does anybody know of any good immigration cunsulting company for Canadian PR processing ?

2. How much would be the total cost to get it done throught the consulting services ?

3. Are there any hidden costs which these companies tell you at the end and try to rip you ?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2006, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

1) You do not need one, unless you have no clue about any immigration system or have excess of 1000$

2) around 1000$

3) cic.gc.ca is a good place to start with keeping consultants aside.

There are threads that discussed this extensively before. Check them out.

Old 12-14-2006, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

1) You do not need one, unless you have no clue about any immigration system or have excess of 1000$

2) around 1000$ + appl fess + med exam fees

3) cic.gc.ca is a good place to start with keeping consultants aside.

There are threads that discussed this extensively before. Check them out.

Old 12-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Serbia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
felix31 will become famous soon enough felix31 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurakt
Finally I gave a thought to all this GC business and I am planning to start my Canadian PR too, here are my questions :

1. Does anybody know of any good immigration cunsulting company for Canadian PR processing ?

2. How much would be the total cost to get it done throught the consulting services ?

3. Are there any hidden costs which these companies tell you at the end and try to rip you ?

Thanks
You do not need anyone. I am preparing my application by myself as well. Check the official website www.cic.gc.ca and check www.immigration.ca forums for useful pointers and tracking when you apply.
good luck

Old 12-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Compare
zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of

There are 2 things that you need to do and take time..
1. Apply for FBI fingerprint clearance .. You can take fingerprints in your local sheriff's office on a standard FBI form and then send it to FBI.. takes about 2 months.
2. Apply and get IELTS english score.. I think this has become standard now..

Old 12-14-2006, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold
Default Do it urself

I would strongly urge everyone to file for canadian PR without any agency/lawyer. Just visit cic.gc.ca

Fill in the form and send them asap. They will keep coming back if they need more docs. Don't rush for FBI report [fingerprints] as they are valid only for 6 months. They will ask for it after everything else is in order.

Your total expense per person starting from start to finish ....about $ 2000
It includes initial fees, medical exams, landing fees etc.

Your total time could range from 1.5 years to 2.5 years depending on the case.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light yabadaba is a glorious beacon of light
Default can we do the ielts here?

isnt the ielts offered in very few places in the US?

Old 12-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abcdefgh is on a distinguished road

I have done many PR applications, please let me know if you need any help when you file your self. I would be able to help you.

Last edited by abcdefgh; 12-14-2006 at 01:44 PM.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba
isnt the ielts offered in very few places in the US?
Yes only 12 to 15 places.
http://www.ielts.org/searchresults/d...e-6514bc133cb4

Old 12-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by zCool
There are 2 things that you need to do and take time..
1. Apply for FBI fingerprint clearance .. You can take fingerprints in your local sheriff's office on a standard FBI form and then send it to FBI.. takes about 2 months.
2. Apply and get IELTS english score.. I think this has become standard now..
I had attached all the literatures that had been published on Finance and technical journals. In addition, I had US education with Masters. Still, they asked me to appear for IELTS.

If you native language is not English, IELTS is must.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

I have asked this question before, but got no response - If one of the spouses have a Shoplifting Charge in Singapore, and its been over 5 years since that hapened, Can we file the application together and request a pardon since its been over 5 years? Does anyone know how to do this.

Currently, the Application has been filed with only one person landing in Canada option.

I understand earlier Buffalo office would not require Police Clearance from Singapore but now they want the applicants to get that. I did not prvoide one as I filed before this change took place.

Any idea what one can do in such a case?

Old 12-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/11/1999
Compare
zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of zCool has much to be proud of

If they ask for police clearance .. you give it..
Unless it was a felony that requires certain jail-time or something it's not always counted against you.. remember .. purpose is not to exclude shop-lifters.. they got plenty of those in Canada but rather identify and filter out security hazards.. you might need in person interview.. but it should be alright.. I know even US immigration allows folks like that.. so can't imagine Canada being more stringent..

Old 12-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pyrosleepy will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdefgh
I have done many PR applications, please let me know if you need any help when you file your self. I would be able to help you.
I am just starting the Canadian PR process. Can you tell me how long it is taking right now? Also, do you know if you have to work for the employer if you are a provincial nominee?

Thanks

Old 12-14-2006, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by zCool
If they ask for police clearance .. you give it..
Unless it was a felony that requires certain jail-time or something it's not always counted against you.. remember .. purpose is not to exclude shop-lifters.. they got plenty of those in Canada but rather identify and filter out security hazards.. you might need in person interview.. but it should be alright.. I know even US immigration allows folks like that.. so can't imagine Canada being more stringent..
I guess, we will wait for any response on this front, fron the buffalo office..
How can I get my spouse added to the application now? so taht she can accompany me at landing?

I send emai lto bufalo office, they havent responded

Old 12-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurakt

Thanks
1) Best do your own job. The agents/consulting companies most dont do a
good job.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

Thats the newsgroup of can immigration.

You need IELTS score 7 in each section. It takes about 1.5 years if you apply from US.

"3. Are there any hidden costs which these companies tell you at the end and try to rip you ?"

Companies will always say u qualify to get you on board (for the money they get)
well companies will put the burden on u to get 7 in each section.
So my advice is u first get 7 in each section. Then only u will know if u
clear passmark. Note: 7 in each section is not a walk in the park. U need
practice(stategy).

For details see Canada immigration section in britishexpats.com

Even then if u want some help (because u dont have time etc)
contact andrew miller or jim humphries (who post in the newsgroups
often) They do have knowledge of the rules etc which u yourself can know
by reading on the newsgroup.

Cost are (if u do yourself) for one adult person ( of course family members dont need ielts test) Note: child has lesser fees

550 Can $ + 475 Can $ (if u get through) + IELTS fee (120Aust Dollars approx) + medical testing (depends on where u do india or us)
+ transcript fees + mailing feee + other smal fees.