Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future
Default L1 Violation - How/Where to report the violation

Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to the forum (as a member), I have been browsing the same for quite some time and found it a good source of information regarding immigration related activities. Right now I am getting removed from my project as one of the top 3 Indian outsourcing firm is dumping their L1 resources at my client site and replacing all the citizens, GCs, EADs, H1 etc. These resources are used in projects managed and controlled by my client (most of them are consulting assignments) and these resources are used on java/.net/oracle projects, these two are violations of L1 visa restrictions set by USCIS, I want to know how and where to complain against this violation and we have all evidence to prove the same (project documents, time sheets, work assignments etc). Please let me know exactly and to which agencies we should complain.

Thanks in Advance,

Srini
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

5 out of 9 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Call USCIS

Call USCIS and they should be able be give you the right direction. Please update us on how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1fraud View Post
Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to the forum (as a member), I have been browsing the same for quite some time and found it a good source of information regarding immigration related activities. Right now I am getting removed from my project as one of the top 3 Indian outsourcing firm is dumping their L1 resources at my client site and replacing all the citizens, GCs, EADs, H1 etc. These resources are used in projects managed and controlled by my client (most of them are consulting assignments) and these resources are used on java/.net/oracle projects, these two are violations of L1 visa restrictions set by USCIS, I want to know how and where to complain against this violation and we have all evidence to prove the same (project documents, time sheets, work assignments etc). Please let me know exactly and to which agencies we should complain.

Thanks in Advance,

Srini

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default Really sick of these violations

Seriously I am also sick of these violations and the companies everywhere in the world take law on a ride. No harm had happened to me but still irritates me when they get the GC in 1 year and we waiting for ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena View Post
Call USCIS and they should be able be give you the right direction. Please update us on how it goes.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future l1fraud has a brilliant future
Default Thanks

Thanks ... normal options in USCIS asks you to call ICE.gov ... BUT ICE.gov doesn't seem to have a local office.. please let me know if anyone out there has gone this route and any update regarding what all documents we need to produce to prove our case. Since its a Billion dollar company they are bound to fight the case (hopefully). Any information regarding the same is appretiate.

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Talked to ICE

Talked to ICE field intelligence they have provided required details, please let us know if anyone in this forum needs further information on how to complain against L1 violations. Please send a private message to this id. Please let us know if you have any other agency which would be interested in L1 violations.

Old 06-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough

Sorry to hear this, but what is the violation you are referring to. I thot, L1s can be employed in the US on client projects by consulting companies, big or small. Sorry if i dont understand the visa rules here

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance,

Srini

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default L-1 visa reform act 2004

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele..._12_9_2004.pdf

Please refer this document and it will answer your doubt. To be specific L1B resources cannot be deployed in client premises on projects managed and controlled by client (known consulting assignments in technology world). This is just part of the violation. Second... L1B resources cannot be used for general technical skills (java/.net/oracle/production support etc) BUT can only be used for their speciality skills (while processing the L1 visa outsourcing companies shows some internal tools to prove this point). Hope this cleared your doubt, I am pretty sure that now you will be able to find a lot of violations in using L1B resources. L1B resource usage is so common that most of us who are aware of immigrations statuses even doesnt know about this .. forget others including our clients and their managers.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:51 AM
ganguteli

Quote:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele..._12_9_2004.pdf

Please refer this document and it will answer your doubt. To be specific L1B resources cannot be deployed in client premises on projects managed and controlled by client (known consulting assignments in technology world). This is just part of the violation. Second... L1B resources cannot be used for general technical skills (java/.net/oracle/production support etc) BUT can only be used for their speciality skills (while processing the L1 visa outsourcing companies shows some internal tools to prove this point). Hope this cleared your doubt, I am pretty sure that now you will be able to find a lot of violations in using L1B resources. L1B resource usage is so common that most of us who are aware of immigrations statuses even doesnt know about this .. forget others including our clients and their managers.
Thank you losers guild member.

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Thanks Dude

I am also from India but the point I am discussing here is clearly a violation of law by Outsourcing vendors including IBM (not just Indian companies), TCS, Wipro etc. I work for a medium size consulting firm based in US and on H1 visa ...and I am impacted by these violations and I think I have the right to oppose this act.... to prove my identity shud I tell you my stories in Chennai consulate... or shud I tell u abt my days in b'lore or shud I tell you all abt my 24 years in India.. you can decide :-).

BUT regarding the L1 violation we have decided and this time the vendor is exposed to the authorities and justice is done. We have the support of good client managers who understands visa regulations.

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am also from India but the point I am discussing here is clearly a violation of law by Outsourcing vendors including IBM (not just Indian companies), TCS, Wipro etc. I work for a medium size consulting firm based in US and on H1 visa ...and I am impacted by these violations and I think I have the right to oppose this act.... to prove my identity shud I tell you my stories in Chennai consulate... or shud I tell u abt my days in b'lore or shud I tell you all abt my 24 years in India.. you can decide :-).
thats not enough. To prove you are an Indian answer the following 2 questions:
- which famous leg-spinner in the world has troubled batsmen all over, but reportedly has nightmares about bowling to Tendliya.
- since you claim to be from Bangalore, name a popular watering-hole on residency road (clue: Hendrix)

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough santa123 is a jewel in the rough

when you emphasize something unnecessarily, ("I am also from India") proves that you are lying. So foolish... Try your tricks somewhere else you tunnel rat!

Quote:

BUT regarding the L1 violation we have decided and this time the vendor is exposed to the authorities and justice is done. We have the support of good client managers who understands visa regulations.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks guys .... for coming behind me .. Shane Warne or Purple Haze won't satisfy you guys .. Y dont we discuss how Kanimozhi's discontent couldn't play spoil sport for the new govt and how Azhagiri got cornered with chemicals and fertilizers (these 2 are not any interntaional fame for an american 'tunnel rat' to know abt them).

Above all I am here to get some information to bring a company which violates rules to authorities, nothing more nothing less and not here to do any name calling of mud slinging.

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't worry

Quote:
Thanks guys .... for coming behind me .. Shane Warne or Purple Haze won't satisfy you guys .. Y dont we discuss how Kanimozhi's discontent couldn't play spoil sport for the new govt and how Azhagiri got cornered with chemicals and fertilizers (these 2 are not any interntaional fame for an american 'tunnel rat' to know abt them).

Above all I am here to get some information to bring a company which violates rules to authorities, nothing more nothing less and not here to do any name calling of mud slinging.
Don't worry buddy.. I am sure these guys were only pulling your leg.

Yeah I am sure everyone should stand up against violations . It doesn't matter if it is done by Americans or Indians or any other national. Just because most of the L1's in this particular case are Indians there is no reason to turn a blind eye to someone breaking the law.

EB3 - India - PD - Sep 2004
I140/485 AP - 08/02/2007
FP - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 2008
AP - 2009
EAD - 2010

Old 06-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Good job. I see B1 visa violations in my client place where I work currently(will post it shortly in donor forum). Would you mind joining your state chapter so that we all know who you are?

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=72&Itemid=52

$ Contributor
Texas IV Group member.

About Immigration Voice.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...id=5&Itemid=47
IV in the news.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=27

Contribution till date $600 + Monthly contributions

GC Approved on 5/5/2011

Old 06-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2008
Compare
mps has a spectacular aura about mps has a spectacular aura about
Default How about B1 violation

we have lot of folks coming here on B1 and working ..how do you report that?
-Called lawmakers for support