Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold
Default Hyderabad Born - Birth Certificate Problem

Hello,

I was born in Hyderabad. Unfortunately my name is not mentioned on my original birth certificate. My siblings went to eseva/MCH office but they are saying that they cannot issue birth certificate. Even after lot of follow ups i do not see any hope of getting the BC with my name printed.

Does any body has this experience? Where you able to get the BC from Hyderabad, AP?

Lots of my friends were able to get the certificate from smaller cities/towns in AP, but have not come across any body from Hyderabad.

Can you please share your experience?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute

get an affidavit from your parents along with your birth certificate(name not printed) is ok. submit both and you should be fine.

that is what I did(my brith certificate is from Hyderabad/MCH). My gc approval did not have any queries. hope this helps.

thanks.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/

Old 01-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/18/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute vidyas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dont worry...

Yes, I think not having a name on the Birth Certificate is common, especially in AP. What you need to do is, add an affidavit to the birth cert from your father & mother citing the birth cert that you were born on such & such date to such & such people at such & such place. I think the added affidavit will help. That is how, my birth cert is.

Also, I think to be on the safe side with USCIS, you need to get 3 more affidavits from your Uncle, Aunt etc who can state on a notarized affidavit that they were there when you were born.

Hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllIzzWell View Post
Hello,

I was born in Hyderabad. Unfortunately my name is not mentioned on my original birth certificate. My siblings went to eseva/MCH office but they are saying that they cannot issue birth certificate. Even after lot of follow ups i do not see any hope of getting the BC with my name printed.

Does any body has this experience? Where you able to get the BC from Hyderabad, AP?

Lots of my friends were able to get the certificate from smaller cities/towns in AP, but have not come across any body from Hyderabad.

Can you please share your experience?

Thanks

Total contributions $400 + $25 monthly for 12 mo.
Participated in 2011 Advocacy Day Events

Old 01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold AllIzzWell is a splendid one to behold

Kartikiran, Vidyas_m - Thank you for your inputs.

I did get my affidavits (two from my siblings) and as Kartikiran advised I am enclosing my original birth certificate (without my name on it) along with affidavits. I have sent the information to the attorneys for filing my 485.

I will let you know how this goes.

Thanks guys

Old 01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks Ashwin for your guidance and IM.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute

Hi AllIzzWell,

This is a common problem and do not worry too much. I had the same problem and I used the following documents with my AOS petetion:

1. Original birth certificate without my name
2. Letter from GHMC stating that a name cannot be added to the birth certificate after 15 yrs from the date of birth
3. Notarized affidavit from parents

My lawyer reviewed these documents and said they are sufficient for purposes of filing I-485.

Good luck,
Nag

Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thank you, Anemmani.

I have couple of questions for you:

1) Original birth certificate - I have just a slip from MCH stating the birth. Did you get the new computerised version of the birth certificate from Eseva.
2) Letter from GHMC - is there a standard format and common practice for GHMC to hand over these letters. Any particular location in Hyd that you would advise.

Thanks again

Old 01-04-2012, 10:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07-22-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-11-2007
Compare
jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future jthomas has a brilliant future
Default Birth certificate from Indian consulate

I got my birth cerificate from indian consulate san Francisco that as per my passport i was born at ___ date at ____ city.

It worked for my I485 no problems.

Thane, Maharasthra

Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2011
Compare
anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute anemmani has a reputation beyond repute

AllIzWell,

I sent you a private message asking you to contact me if you need further help.

Nag

Old 01-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashwani.dalal is infamous around these parts ashwani.dalal is infamous around these parts ashwani.dalal is infamous around these parts ashwani.dalal is infamous around these parts
Default Birth certificate from Indian consulate

Jthomas, When you got birth cerificate from indian consulate san Francisco. How long ago you used it for your 485. I am asking this because I checked this with attorney and he replied me saying that "Birth cert from the consulate NOT accepted by USCIS".

Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shashim is on a distinguished road

Hi Nag [anemmani]

I am in the same situation..I will speak to my lawyer and try the same. Please keep us posted with the status of your petition. This will help others in the same situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anemmani View Post
Hi AllIzzWell,

This is a common problem and do not worry too much. I had the same problem and I used the following documents with my AOS petetion:

1. Original birth certificate without my name
2. Letter from GHMC stating that a name cannot be added to the birth certificate after 15 yrs from the date of birth
3. Notarized affidavit from parents

My lawyer reviewed these documents and said they are sufficient for purposes of filing I-485.

Good luck,
Nag