Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
id4iv is on a distinguished road
Default Ac21 eb3

Hi,

I currently work for state govt on EB3 AC21 as employee. I may have a chance of a promotion as a supervisor in the current palace. If I take the promotion will it satisfy AC21? I will be doing same thing in addition to supervising.

Because of the back log and thinking of moving to EB2 I applied in one of the Fortnue 300 company and got offer to join.

My question is shall I continue staying in my previous place and wait for EB3 to get current with or with out HR3012 or work for the new company and wait till next year when they will let me know if they can file a new petition in EB2?

My EB3 priority date is March 2006. I already used AC21 once to join current employer.
Is it safe to use AC21 again?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute baleraosreedhar has a reputation beyond repute
Default It is safe to move to stable job on AC21( multiple times)

Supervisor is sort a tricky situation, it all depends on the IO reviewing your file at the time of adjudication, but if the basic responsibilities match with the one in your Labour, then I think you should't have a Issue.

Regarding joining other company, its upto you to prioritze
1) Role
2)Package
3)Job Satisfaction.
4)When they are going to file a GC for you.

5) Is your job stable at the current employer?

If HR3021 passes, then your wait time will be reduced considerably, and the timeframe maybe same as to the one starting new EB2 from your new employer next year.

Regarding AC21, its a process and need to be ready with documentation to prove, you are currently employed and your employer is ready to support your Green Card.\

So In that regards you are free to move to numerous companies and ensure you have proper documents from your Employer.

Old 02-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
id4iv is on a distinguished road

Thanks Sreedhar for the quick reply.

Responsibilities are same (analyze, design, develop, test) but the technologies are going to change at the current employer from .NET to Java. This is another reason why I applied in another company. Not sure whether this is going to be a issue.

Regarding the job satisfaction, I worked at current employer for a long time, I am inclined to stay here. Current job is stable.

New employer sponsoring is known until next year but will sponsor if there are any issues with the current one. Where as the current employer will not sponsor.

Because of all these factor I am unable to decide.

Thanks