Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
Sai gc is infamous around these parts Sai gc is infamous around these parts Sai gc is infamous around these parts Sai gc is infamous around these parts
Default deleted

deleted

Last edited by Sai gc; 08-10-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
Sai gc is infamous around these parts Sai gc is infamous around these parts Sai gc is infamous around these parts Sai gc is infamous around these parts
Default please respond

Attorneys/gurus please respond.

Old 08-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai gc View Post
Hi ,
I received NOID on my i 485 (to be precise here is what it states)
1)" 140 filled on behalf of you has been revoked by my previous employer ,also mentioned as it is after 180 days of filling my 485 ,but my application still valid with in the meaning of section 204 of the act.
but they asked for employment verification letter from my recent employer with duties,educational qualification and offered wage of salary as it is .
2) Inmatter of semerjian ,it was held that an immigrant alien with in the purview of section 212 (a)(14) must establish a bona fied intent to work in USA,immediately or in fore seeable future,in his or her qualifying endeavour or in a related field.
3) 245 of act who meets the objective pre requisites is merely eligible to apply for adjustment of status. when an alien seeks the favourable exercise of discretion by this service ,it is incumbent up on alien to establish that he or she merits adjustment

what does number 2 and 3 mean? what should be provided in evidence to that?Please advice.

The date on the notice is june 23 rd ,but i received my mail 2 weeks back to the adress where i work.(say july 24 th)
Iam away from that adress since 2 weeks

Responded to my RFE with EVL (emploment verification)way back in august 2008 through sheila murthy.so considering the date on notice that is june 23 rd. 33 days time has passed.but when i consider the date i received i still have time,which date should i consider,iam confused....,is it OK if i send my reply next week.Now iam worried,as just now i came to know about my letter from uscis(no online update though). what to do now,iam worried ,please advice.
Ok, you need a lawyer to carefully answer to all the points. They just want a EVL for present or future employment.

This could be a part of preadjudication.

A lot of people got such requests more than once when 140 was revoked. the first time was when employer revoked 140 and the second time was durng preadjudication.

This happens because the officers who preadjudicate treat ur 485 process as fresh and begin from scratch ignoring all previous communication.

Adjudication/preadjudication means someone is going through your application and processing it.

In your case the chellenge lies in how you convince USCIS on when you got the letter as ity is well past 30 days.

People have handled it in past andI am sure there is a way. You may call USCIS and explain or taked an infopass - as long as you have a postmark about your receipt of letter late or any genuine convincing reason, I think you have a lot of options to work it out.

The person on the other side is also human and in most cases does unerstand that there could be delays - so don't worry much at this time.

Talk to a lawyer and see what lawyer has to say.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
Default Thanks chandu

Thanks for the reply.
Even the 2 and 3 rd points are related to EVL?
i will go with the same attorney who worked on my RFE back in AUG 2008.

possibly attorney also recieved the same notice?