Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Liro1313 is on a distinguished road
Default Green card for my parents

My parents are visiting from Europe.I am an american citizen and i decided to change their status.I live in California.Does anybody know,how long it will take, to get the green cards.I need also a medical insurance for them, 64 and 59 years old,high blood pressure only.Is high blood pressure considered a preexisting condition?Could you recommend a good company for medical insurance?My mother does not like to live long time in California,she does not like the climate.With a green card,she will have to fly back every six months.When can she become a citizen?5 years from green card?Does she have to take an exam?she is 64 now.Thank you for the help.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/28/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2004
Compare
nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute nlssubbu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liro1313 View Post
My parents are visiting from Europe.I am an american citizen and i decided to change their status.I live in California.Does anybody know,how long it will take, to get the green cards.I need also a medical insurance for them, 64 and 59 years old,high blood pressure only.Is high blood pressure considered a preexisting condition?Could you recommend a good company for medical insurance?My mother does not like to live long time in California,she does not like the climate.With a green card,she will have to fly back every six months.When can she become a citizen?5 years from green card?Does she have to take an exam?she is 64 now.Thank you for the help.
Depends upon the country of origin, they can get GC based on the visa bulletin given below in family category:
Visa Bulletin For July 2012

You have to start the process by filing I-130 and when priority date becomes current, you can file for their I-485 or through counselor process in respective embassy. (I assume the current time period varies from 3-7 yrs).

After GC, they have to be in the US to satisfy resident requirement for N-400 (which is 5 years of continuous resident status less 90 days ). They need to pass the citizenship test followed by oath to become a citizen.

Thanks

Old 07-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2012
Compare
laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute laddu0 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to consult visa bulletin to come up with ballpark timeline it will take to get GC for your parents.

Regarding insurance, check PCIP - Pre-existing Condition Insurance Plan - Home. Its for people with pre-existing condition. My mom had heart attack in May 2012. Then we took this insurance in June 2012. This is really good, Thanks to President Obama. Check the site for couple of conditions.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute vinzak has a reputation beyond repute

A citizen applying for his/her parents does not have to worry about the visa bulletin neither is it entirely country dependent. There are unlimited visa numbers for a citizens' parent (just like spouse).

How long it takes depends on the processing times for I-30.

If you are applying for a green card with them staying in the US during processing, then you have to apply for I 485, so youll need to add the processing time for a 485.

if you are applying with them abroad, then you have to do consular processing, and the time taken will depend on how long the embassy in your home takes to give an interview date and process a green card.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Closed Thread