Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

View Poll Results: Do you think EB3I will retrogress in October?
EB3I will retrogress to beginning of 2003 12 30.77%
EB3I will continue to progress 6 15.38%
EB3I will not retrogress, but will not progress much either 21 53.85%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute TeddyKoochu has a reputation beyond repute

Folks I put in my thoughts in the following post - http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3576399-post6769.html

I wish all of you get greened in September it has been a very long and painful wait.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute karthikgk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyKoochu View Post
Folks I put in my thoughts in the following post - http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3576399-post6769.html

I wish all of you get greened in September it has been a very long and painful wait.
Teddy,

That was some analysis. So going by your logic, do you expect a severe retrogression in October? I realize it is a guess work, but I would imagine your guess to be far better than mine I know I have to stay calm and just hope for the best, but I am quite anxious, as I am sure the rest of GC-brethren are facing.

Any pointers on your take on retrogression is appreciated,

TIA,

Old 08-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
ayekay08 is on a distinguished road

thanks for this writeup.. I was going thru the same questions as my PD Apr/2003 will be current on Sep 01. I've decided that staying put and waiting was the best approach than opening infopass or contacting local senators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Firstly I disagree the system is unfriendly. Those who have business interest say what the crowd likes to hear to win them, might agree with these statements and criticize USCIS too. I have none. Yes I agree, there is struggle, but this immigration system is still the best in the world and we should all try and work together to make it better by suggesting to USCIS. Which other country process more than 2 million different kind of immigration applications in a year and have so much complexity of categories, quotas and steps? To suggest one must be personally coming to advocacy days in Washington DC and also be contributing regularly to support those who are trying within their limited time to advocate for positive changes. We have done many meetings in the past during advocacy days and even outside advocacy days. Many regular members have gone with us in these meetings. But they are not that many when compared to other advocacy groups.

I say this everytime there is a big movement of dates:

Being current in September does not mean every EB3India that is current will get greencard. However many someone raises SR, calls, Congress inquiry etc. It might in fact delay if files are put in a different queue to answer. If quota is over in the first couple of weeks, there will not be any approvals. Approvals are never in strict FIFO order so all tracking is a waste of time. People who are unaware of the process and workings panic and waste time on forums discussing tracking, soft LUDs and approvals by date. I have personally gone deep into this and know that it does not help. Recently I saw a post on a site claiming to be an expert and telling that he spoke to an officer by calling USCIS and this officer was handling file. You will never be able to speak with the officer L1, L2 ... handling files. These people are customer server agents and they have limited view on the entire details of the case. To me service requests and Congress requests are also the same. It is all going into a pool of case status inquiries. Imagine thousands of such requests from 435 Congressmen+ 100 Senator offices + thousands of service requests coming every month. Do you really think there will be any preferential treatment to these? Calling a Congressman does not mean the case will be approved out of turn. It will be illegal and USCIS will never do it. So I suggest not to panic and keep expectations reasonable for approvals. Be patient and hope for the best in September.

Old 08-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Card in Production

Today - 08/26/13 - just 10 minutes back - 1:53 PM EST I received "Card/Document Production" Text for all of our 485. Now it looks like my journey is ending. :-)

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
Yes, I filed AC21 when I joined company "C" . Even After that communication to USCIS, I received a RFE back in 2009 regarding the AC21 usage and we again sent the docs. My "brief" and " complex" history is as under.

GC Application/s history:
-----------------------
OLD APPLICATION

Employer: A
Category: EB3-RIR Conversion-India
Priority Date: 07/2003
Labor approved
I-140 approved
I-140 approval date: 06/2007
AP and EAD approved
485 receipt date: 07/1*/2007

NEW APPLICATION

Employer: B (Intended to work for but NEVER WORKED FOR)
Category: EB2-India
Priority Date: 06/2006
PERM LABOR approved
I-140 approved
I-140 approval date:08/2006
No AP/EAD/485 applied under this application

Interfiled both of above in 2010 end.

Notes: (1) Currently working for company C on EAD which never was and is associated with my GC struggle directly.(2) "A" number on both I-140 are similar and different from "A" number
on 485 file.
(3) Occupation codes for both category are "Close" and matches the
job profile with current employment on EAD

(4) For curent RFE response (08/2013 RFE), obvioulsy I ahve provided employment letter from company C for which I am working now.

Thanks.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Permanent Resident Status Registered.

Quote:
Today - 08/26/13 - just 10 minutes back - 1:53 PM EST I received "Card/Document Production" Text for all of our 485. Now it looks like my journey is ending. :-)

Thanks.
I got following text and email just minute ago for all 485s (Me and family).

Decision

On August 26, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Decision

On August 26, 2013, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.
you still on your chair or crashed while typing this...lol.. just kidding. Congratulations buddy. Enjoy.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac-r-ten View Post
you still on your chair or crashed while typing this...lol.. just kidding. Congratulations buddy. Enjoy.
I hear you , man. Emotionally I was in the exact situation when emaails and texts started flowing in. Thanks. :-). I am still scanning the memory of painful days whiel writing this. It has been 10 Years - 1 Month and 2 days.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute sparky_jones has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Decision

Congrats! Very happy for you. You might remember me from back in 2007 when we were tracking our RIR conversions at the Philly Backlog Elimination Center. Seems like a long time ago. Glad to see you complete your journey as well. I completed mine in Feb 2012 with EB2 conversion.
New EB2 I-140 Approved: 12/5/2011 (TSC)
Interfiled 12/15/2012
Greened on Feb 10, 2012!
Total Contribution: $200

Old 08-26-2013, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky_jones View Post
Congrats! Very happy for you. You might remember me from back in 2007 when we were tracking our RIR conversions at the Philly Backlog Elimination Center. Seems like a long time ago. Glad to see you complete your journey as well. I completed mine in Feb 2012 with EB2 conversion.
Yes, I remember our struggling times to gether. That was also a hell of painful timing. Alas, finally we are done with. Congratulations to you as well.

Thanks.