Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2013, 07:06 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute
Default Health insurance through health insurance exchanges

Despite of all the misinformation from republicans, faux news and insurance companies, health care law is going to be implemented soon.

The healthcare law is good for middle class people like us who want to grow and do not want to be one mishap away from declaring bankruptcy.

Here is a link to educate yourself about the Affordable Healthcare law which will be implemented starting 2014.

How You can buy money from Health Exchanges:
https://www.healthcare.gov/how-can-i...lace-coverage/

Calculator to estimate your insurance cost if your healthcare is not through your employer (if you are working as independent consultant on EAD) -
Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

I am trying to find if visitors visa holders (parents) can also get insurance though Health exchanges. Anybody knows answer to this one?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2013, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
ganpya2000 is a jewel in the rough ganpya2000 is a jewel in the rough ganpya2000 is a jewel in the rough
Default I am also looking for an answer

I am also looking for answer to this question. I did some preliminary research. Seems like it's open for anyone that has an SSN and is present in US legally. The problem is with parents having SSN. Not sure if we can get an ITIN for them and if that is accepted by exchanges.

Old 09-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

I called 800 number and they said that all legal immigrants and non-immigrants visa holders can buy insurance.

The Kaiser calculator at the link below shows correct cost of the insurance if we buy through exchanges.
Subsidy Calculator | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

So parents visiting from outside can buy insurance over health exchange.

It is interesting to note that many of us are currently paying more for employee share in the employer provided health insurance than the entire cost of gold plan if we buy insurance through exchange.

Why should we get employer provided insurance if we can get cheaper and better insurance with more coverage on the exchange?

Healthcare bill is good for middle class people like us. No wonder why Republicans are attacking Obama care.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chiranth is on a distinguished road

The healthcare overhaul is a big deal and it will affect different people in different ways. I just read this article With Health Exchanges Opening Soon, Consumers Start To Focus : Shots - Health News : NPR and I think it is interesting. You definitely need to compare the plans with what you already have. If it is not possible for your parents to get healthcare coverage through the exchanges there are a number of other options available, including specific health insurance for visitors to the US.

Old 03-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kumar Van is on a distinguished road
Default Health Insurance Coverage Between Two Employers- H1 Candidate

Hi guys,
My current employment is ending at the end of March 14 so I have to look for new health insurance. I have looked at options of short term insurance but could not qualify due to my pre-existing conditions. The new health insurance plans does not become effective till the beginning of May 1, 14. Currently I am in California, just moved from Michigan and not sure if Cobra insurance exists here. One of the health insurance agent suggested that through Cobra insurance, I may be able to pay for the health insurance through my previous health insurance company that is offered by my last company as long as I pay it from my pocket. I will really appreciate your inputs and suggestions on the best options I have for this situation. I may find employment in a month or so, then my new company could take care of the health insurance.

Best Regards,
K