Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2014, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of RNGC has much to be proud of
Default Administrative Fixes....

Well,
CIR is in the hands of John Bohner & few Republican leaders! Whatever we do, or for that matter even the President does, we have very little impact! I know IV has done a lot of work and it is very much appreciated!

Now, can we see what are the things that can be done thru administrative fixes ? (Though not giving up on the CIR agenda)

1. Why not 3 year EAD/AP ?

2. Who to contact if one gets a 1 year EAD ? Some form of direct contact with USCIS Ombudsman etc to help.

Other areas where we can get some releif without CIR ??

Thoughts ?? Ideas ??
Attended the Advocacy days in DC - 2011

Last edited by RNGC; 02-17-2014 at 01:11 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

This is a good point. RNGC, did you read my post
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3579970 (IV Advocacy Event: 1st to 4th March, 2014)

Old 02-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute
Default Short sighted Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNGC View Post
Well,
CIR is in the hands of John Bohner & few Republican leaders! Whatever we do, or for that matter even the President does, we have very little impact! I know IV has done a lot of work and it is very much appreciated!

Now, can we see what are the things that can be done thru administrative fixes ? (Though not giving up on the CIR agenda)

1. Why not 3 year EAD/AP ?

2. Who to contact if one gets a 1 year EAD ? Some form of direct contact with USCIS Ombudsman etc to help.

Other areas where we can get some releif without CIR ??

Thoughts ?? Ideas ??
Your Idea about EAD is very narrow and not worth allocating resources .

IV should Advocate ,

If I-140 approved , can file I-485 and EAD , Applicants do not get green card but gets EAD and all AC21 benefits . Green card given only when Visa Number Available. Its still not a change in the Law. It is happening even now if you look at the current process but at limited extent. There are never enough visa number available for all applicants whose date is current.

If above happens most of the IV members will get relief .

Renewing EAD is not a issue of importance for most of the members.

Press on Fixing the process of Unfair priority date Manipulations . ( China is unreasonably advancing ). According to the current law all backlogged countries in same category should have same priority date. Let every one feel the pain and not Indians only. Lets build coalitions.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all abcdgc is a name known to all

Let me guess.

RNGC - You have filed for I-485 and waiting for GC number. For you, the only thing wrong with this world is that people have to renew EAD cards

Mau - You have not filed for I-485, so you think the only thing wrong with this world is that people cannot file I-485.

If we come out of our shell and ask for things/relief that is specifically designed to help us get to the next stage or fix our most immediate issue, you will see that the world is much more happier and loving place to live. Try and look at the bigger picture and not ask for custom made provisions for yourself. Or else I will have to ask for a provision that would look like this -

- Make dates current for people born in India
- With priority date between 3rd and 5th September, 2005
- Middle aged male with birthday between 21st and 25th May, 1981
- With screen handle of abcdgc on IV forum

Hey, why the hell IV is not already working on this relief. It will help a lot of people (well! for me my needs are more important than the needs of a lot of people)

Get it?

Old 02-17-2014, 06:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute Mau has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reasoning

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdgc View Post
Let me guess.

RNGC - You have filed for I-485 and waiting for GC number. For you, the only thing wrong with this world is that people have to renew EAD cards

Mau - You have not filed for I-485, so you think the only thing wrong with this world is that people cannot file I-485.

If we come out of our shell and ask for things/relief that is specifically designed to help us get to the next stage or fix our most immediate issue, you will see that the world is much more happier and loving place to live. Try and look at the bigger picture and not ask for custom made provisions for yourself. Or else I will have to ask for a provision that would look like this -

- Make dates current for people born in India
- With priority date between 3rd and 5th September, 2005
- Middle aged male with birthday between 21st and 25th May, 1981
- With screen handle of abcdgc on IV forum

Hey, why the hell IV is not already working on this relief. It will help a lot of people (well! for me my needs are more important than the needs of a lot of people)

Get it?

Please see the constructive logic i used .

Let me ask some questions to our self. Assuming CIR is not moving this year and we are pushing for executive action.

What stage most current and future IV members are/will be stopped from progressing in their life and family?

At what stage most of the Complex issues start arising?

What can be done through executive action that have maximum impact on the IV members?

Please tell me your answer.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mau View Post
Please see the constructive logic i used .

Let me ask some questions to our self. Assuming CIR is not moving this year and we are pushing for executive action.

What stage most current and future IV members are/will be stopped from progressing in their life and family?

At what stage most of the Complex issues start arising?

What can be done through executive action that have maximum impact on the IV members?

Please tell me your answer.

Fair question. How about this. What if early filing (which is what you are asking) cannot be done through executive action? A good reason is not the same as the right reason.

Your premises and assumption that CIR is not moving this year, is hypothetical and one the I disagree with. Which is the reason I participated in this thread. Read my earlier post.