Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2015, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chanduram is on a distinguished road
Default [Job Title Change]:I-140 approved from previous employer, new offer has new Title

Hi

I have an approved I-140 from my previous employer with Job Title of "Software Engineer". I have recently received an offer from an employer who is offering me a title of "Sr. Software Engineer - Big Data". They are also ready to do my green card processing.

My questions are:
a.) Since I already have a priority date, would I be able to port my priority date with last application with this new Job Title with new employer(when I start process)?

I am aware that the new employer has to do PERM and I-140 all over again, but I want to make sure that I will not lose my priority date (that would be loss of 3 years straight).

My job responsibilities are same (or little more, but I will still be writing code most of my time).

Please share your experiences and advices.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote