Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
roger2015 is on a distinguished road
Default recommendation for a Divorce attorney in Bay Area

Hello,

I am urgently looking for a reliable lawyer to help me in filing for divorce. Could you please share recommendations for a good lawyer in Silicon Valley area who has expertise in family law. Would appreciate names of a lawyer that you have personally dealt with it or know through a trusted resource. The last thing I want is to get stuck with a greedy lawyer who would drag my divorce case for months! Already the GC process has taken a toll on my marriage and now I just want to start over.

Thanks in advance!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2015, 05:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger2015 View Post
Hello,

I am urgently looking for a reliable lawyer to help me in filing for divorce. Could you please share recommendations for a good lawyer in Silicon Valley area who has expertise in family law. Would appreciate names of a lawyer that you have personally dealt with it or know through a trusted resource. The last thing I want is to get stuck with a greedy lawyer who would drag my divorce case for months! Already the GC process has taken a toll on my marriage and now I just want to start over.

Thanks in advance!!
Every lawyer would want to drag and extract as much as possible from you in divorce cases. That is how it works if you have a bitter fight with money division in question. The only way you can avoid is by negotiating directly with your wife and amicably separate.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Unfortunately, you are right. I don't expect a bitter fight around money but on child custody as my wife doesn't want me to spend time with my kid who is still a toddler. That's where we expect to go to the court and would need a lawyer who can fight for my rights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Every lawyer would want to drag and extract as much as possible from you in divorce cases. That is how it works if you have a bitter fight with money division in question. The only way you can avoid is by negotiating directly with your wife and amicably separate.

Old 12-24-2015, 03:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Toadie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance!!
I would still advise that you work it out with your wife. Trust me, It may appear that post separation life would be easy. But it is not. You have a kid too. If GC is causing all this family concerns, GO BACK ! Live some with your parents. There is nothing that they can't solve.

Can't suggest otherwise...Good luck to your family man. I feel for you.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GCTopDream is on a distinguished road

Green card should not be the case of marital discord my friend. Life is much more than that.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I didn't mean to imply that GC is the only reason for marital discord. There are always other factors in a long-term marriage like mine. Anyhow, I suppose, this appears to be a unique request since there is no recommendation and nothing comes up in search results. Will keep looking!

Old 12-13-2016, 07:29 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
advert1994 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks in advance!!
Hello
I can recommend you a good lawyer.
Best Conveyancing Macarthur
Conveyancing Macarthur - Camden, Narellan, Macarthur - Family Focus Legal