Immigration Voice

Immigration Voice (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/)
-   All other Green Card Issues (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/)
-   -   is PERM Process different in each state? (https://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/3096841-is-perm-process-different-in-each-state.html)

dhar4voice 06-22-2016 08:23 AM

is PERM Process different in each state?

I am in TX in full time. My employer initiated the discussion for PERM last year around Nov / Dec.. we still didn't file the labor... it will be filed tentatively Aug / Sep! They got my resume & experience letters; then asked for PWD in Feb, waited a month after receiving PWD (May); and now started posting ads and recruiting. they say the recruiting should go thru late Aug...

Is this all true? From what I hear from other friends in desi consultancies, they aren't aware of all these steps. The moment its decided to file labor, their employers could file in 2-3 months!

Any valid links to these details helps me understand better..

thankstooptx 06-23-2016 07:53 AM

No, I don't believe the PERM process is different for different states. I have filed my PERM in Texas and MI and the procedure was the same. If done right the process from collecting the experience letters to filing the PERM should not take more than 6 months.

Some attorneys are notoriously slow. In fact both the attorneys I worked with were slow, I used to send emails and call them constantly through the entire process at least once a week. The paralegals are the one who handle most of the busy work and they are usually have very high work load, or are just flat out lazy. If you work for a smaller company they will give your case lower priority (which happened to me).

Once they get ready to file for the PERM ask them to send you a copy of the draft. Review every single item not once not twice but thrice. Because they will make mistakes and it will come to bite you in form of an audit.

If you cannot contact your attorney/para legal directly talk to your HR, send them a basket of muffins... ask your manager to talk to them... do what ever it takes because the necessity is yours and not theirs if for some reason they mess up they will just blame the system and move on.

Good luck with your GC process.

whiteStallion 06-25-2016 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhar4voice (Post 3596606)
From what I hear from other friends in desi consultancies, they aren't aware of all these steps. The moment its decided to file labor, their employers could file in 2-3 months!

From what I have heard from my friends in these Consultancies, they have mostly generic job titles (like 'Programmer Analyst' etc) and generic job descriptions for most consultants. They also have running advertisements for this generic positions in newspapers. So for any new position they can directly go to the filing phase, they do not wait for the recruitment phase to complete, which actually takes 3 months at the minimum. Getting Prevailing Wage determination (PWD) from DOL, for the PERM position takes 60+ days these days. That takes close to 6 months total, before being able to file your PERM. So your timelines looks about right.