Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2016, 10:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Armasari is on a distinguished road
Default Change of address after receiving green card

Hi everyone,

I am so happy to have found this forum. I would really appreciate some advice from those of you who may be familiar with my situation. I got my green card back in 2010 and shortly after that I moved to a different address. I mailed out a change of address form to the USCIS within 10 days according to the immigration rules. I am looking to move again in the near future and the other day I was looking to see how I had done this the last time to refresh my memory and was very surprised to see I couldn't find any of my records on it. I have turned my house upside down and nothing. I am very sure that I mailed out the form, but I don't remember what happened after that as apparently, I have no proof of it. I immediately went online and did a change of address request at the USCIS website but I am worried at this point of what could happen if my previous change of address letter didn't make it to them back in 2010. Any advice on this? I am really, really worried.

Thank you very much in advance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Armasari is on a distinguished road

Please ignore my message above. I went back and checked my records really thoroughly again and finally found it so now I can breathe again.

Not as many posts as back in the day but I am going to assume it's because all the long, sad cases have finally gotten approved and moved on. We were lucky to have this place. Good luck to those of you still waiting!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote