Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2017, 05:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cactusthorn is on a distinguished road
Default Arrest record and citizenship

Folks

I am a green card holder. About five years ago I was arrested for one night due to a domestic disturbance. I had hit my spouse - just once - during an argument that went out of control. Spouse called 911 and had me arrested. Police record listed the reason for arrest as "Simple Assault".

I was never formally charged or indicted. Thankfully, better sense prevailed and wife did not pursue the case. I was still ordered by the judge to complete a case on anger management that I finished. Afterwards the case got over.

I am still living with my wife and a child. Now, both myself and my wife are eligible to apply for citizenship. My wife promises to be cooperative during my citizenship application process.

The important point in this case is that I never pleaded guilty or non-guilty, as I was not even charged.

My questions are as follows.

1. Is there even a point in pursuing citizenship, or do I stand no chance at all.
2. Does any one know of any case where someone got citizenship, even after an arrest record.

Lastly, no moral sermonizing please. I know what I have gone thru in this marriage, and it is my, and my alone, cross to bear for the rest of my life. If I am still living with my wife, it is for the sake of my beautiful daughter, and not for any material rewards like citizenship.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2017, 10:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute green_mile has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest you to consult an immigration attorney and act as he advises.
if you ask this kind of questions on some forum like this, there are only two out comes.

1) some one with half knowledge will give you an advise, ultimately useless or even harmful.

2) Moral preaching from idiots who are ready to throw stones on people whose personal lives are completely unknown to them.

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote