Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute
Default On H1b To India->To USA on L1 to get WP for Wife

Hi All,

I have been following the postings on this forum. I appreciate all the hard work the core group is doing. I also appreciate the active participation by all members in answering/discussing the forum topics.

I have contributed a one time $200.00 in support and would contribute more and request every one to support in there capacity.

Every one needs PR status, but in my case, the need is more for my wife, because of the reason that she wants to pursue her medical residency here.

I sometimes wonder and sometimes I feel like going back to India, work for my present company for 1 year, come back here on a managerial/executive position on L1 along with my wife and apply for Perm in Eb1 cat...this said is all my thought!

This would enable my wife to get work permit as L1 dependent and an eventually a residency position in a good univ and a current 1-485 status.

Only thing though is my wife would need to attend interviews.

Any suggestions/feedback will help me and all other people in this situation.

Thank You,
The 116
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2007, 11:23 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of

If you can do that. Go for it. YOu will get your GC in 6 mths after coming here on L1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imv116
Hi All,

I have been following the postings on this forum. I appreciate all the hard work the core group is doing. I also appreciate the active participation by all members in answering/discussing the forum topics.

I have contributed a one time $200.00 in support and would contribute more and request every one to support in there capacity.

Every one needs PR status, but in my case, the need is more for my wife, because of the reason that she wants to pursue her medical residency here.

I sometimes wonder and sometimes I feel like going back to India, work for my present company for 1 year, come back here on a managerial/executive position on L1 along with my wife and apply for Perm in Eb1 cat...this said is all my thought!

This would enable my wife to get work permit as L1 dependent and an eventually a residency position in a good univ and a current 1-485 status.

Thank You,
The 116

Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

That is right. If it is feasible go for it. Also, what do you mean by residency for ur wife..medical one ?

In either case she can always come here for interviews on a B2 visitor, I know people who have done/doing it for medical residency.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute imv116 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah yes medical one and yes she can come on B1...and all has to go well with the visa...

-the 116

Old 03-02-2007, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
invincibleasian can only hope to improve
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imv116
Hi All,

Thank You,
The 116
Medical institutions will apply for a H1 for her. Dont waste any time. She can start applying ofr residency as soon as she completes her USMLE part 2 and then start preparing for part3 good luck!

Old 03-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

H-1 option exists no doubt. But the number of places one can apply and the concomitant increase in the chances of getting a residency increases with the option of EAD!

What with the UK docs coming to the US...I know for a fact that competition has increased

Old 03-02-2007, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
invincibleasian can only hope to improve
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMoment
H-1 option exists no doubt. But the number of places one can apply and the concomitant increase in the chances of getting a residency increases with the option of EAD!

What with the UK docs coming to the US...I know for a fact that competition has increased
A bird in hand is worth two in the bush! So stop cribbing and make use of what you have rather than wallowing in self pity for what you dont!

Old 03-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Yes, just as InTheMoment has said H1 option does exist, but chances are more with EAD.

Itís not like we switching jobs. Good univ, good program and good place go a long way in there career. To spend 3-5 years in a residency and another 2 years in a fellowship program, I think one has to be serious about what they choose.

Note like we got a rank and have to take-up what ever is offered.

EAD for H4 would have been the best things to happen, at least in light providing the same for L1.