Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
MrWaitingGC is on a distinguished road
Default Porting priority date how it will change if these new ammendment passes

If you have I140 cleared from company A you can use Priority date if you change Job and apply fresh GC from Company B in any catergory.

How will this change if the new legislation/amendment that are discussed passes.

Any ideas guys.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2012
Compare
nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute nat23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWaitingGC
If you have I140 cleared from company A you can use Priority date if you change Job and apply fresh GC from Company B in any catergory.

How will this change if the new legislation/amendment that are discussed passes.

Any ideas guys.
I would recommend you take up the new job and apply under the point based system. Right now they have 140K for EB categories and it will go down to 90K. So even if you keep your PD, you case will be retrogressed further.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts

Good question , I also want to know more on this as i am thinking of moving . Is there any hard date where USICS stop accepting I 140 petitions ?

Old 05-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Compare
pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future

Its not clear yet if priority date comes into the picture at all. Nothing is clear yet, for example for the Canadian points system does not have a country quota or any limits on the number of gc every year. There is a cetain pass mark and if you have the required pass marks you make it.

With the CIR points system there is an annual limit and also a country quota, so how will they select candiddates,
1. based on pass marks?
2. based on who has the highest number of points for each country
3. Does the priority date come into plat at all?

hope somebody has the answers for these questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWaitingGC

Any ideas guys.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

Since there is a quota, priority date will come into play. That is why the new bill specifies that those who files I-140 after May 21, 2007 and those whose LC are approved or pending will maintain their priority dates. Anyone who files under the new point based system will have their receipt dates as their priority dates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitha
Its not clear yet if priority date comes into the picture at all. Nothing is clear yet, for example for the Canadian points system does not have a country quota or any limits on the number of gc every year. There is a cetain pass mark and if you have the required pass marks you make it.

With the CIR points system there is an annual limit and also a country quota, so how will they select candiddates,
1. based on pass marks?
2. based on who has the highest number of points for each country
3. Does the priority date come into plat at all?

hope somebody has the answers for these questions.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
MrWaitingGC is on a distinguished road
Default What if you have PD of 2004 and you dont have enough points in new system

What will happen in this case.

Old 05-22-2007, 06:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
same_old_guy has a spectacular aura about same_old_guy has a spectacular aura about
Default Porting priority date

Checking out this section of the bill :

(2) PENDING AND APPROVED PETITIONS AND APPLICATIONS.—Petitions
for an employment-based visa filed for classification under
section 203(b)(1), (2), or (3) of the Immigration and Nationality
Act (as such provisions existed prior to the enactment of this
section) that were filed prior to the date of the introduction of
the [Insert title of Act] and were pending or approved at the time of
the effective date of this section, shall be treated as if such
provision remained effective and an approved petition may serve
as the basis for issuance of an immigrant visa. Aliens with
applications for a labor certification pursuant to section
212(a)(5)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act shall
preserve the immigrant visa priority date accorded by the date
of filing of such labor certification application.

It says something about preserving priority date. Is there any provision to port the priority date from old system to new system. I am sure there would some sort of concept for priority date in the new system.

Now if we can transfer our priority date from old system we would definitely get some benefit in the new system. Any comments ?

Old 05-22-2007, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
imneedy is a jewel in the rough imneedy is a jewel in the rough imneedy is a jewel in the rough
Red face hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by same_old_guy
Now if we can transfer our priority date from old system we would definitely get some benefit in the new system. Any comments ?
Let's hope
I-140 EB2 Approved ______: 1 Apr 2010 (with incorrect priority date of Jan 2006) (LUD: 11 Aug 2010)
Submitted for Interfiling soon afterward
Greened - 10 Oct 2010
"We must become the change we want to see" - MG

Old 05-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Compare
pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future pitha has a brilliant future

Aliens with
applications for a labor certification pursuant to section
212(a)(5)(A) of the Immigration and Nationality Act shall
preserve the immigrant visa priority date accorded by the date
of filing of such labor certification application.

doesnt the above statement mean people who have filed for labor certification retain there priority date. For example if I140 is cleared and labor certification was done in Jan 2005 then you will retain the jan 2005 priority date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by same_old_guy
Checking out this section of the bill :

It says something about preserving priority date. Is there any provision to port the priority date from old system to new system. I am sure there would some sort of concept for priority date in the new system.

Old 05-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2005
Compare

I am not sure it says only people who applied for I140 after May 21 retain there priority date. Everybody retains there priority date no matter when they applied for I140.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromnaija
Since there is a quota, priority date will come into play. That is why the new bill specifies that those who files I-140 after May 21, 2007 and those whose LC are approved or pending will maintain their priority dates. Anyone who files under the new point based system will have their receipt dates as their priority dates.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:37 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute

In my case, I have my EB3 labor and I140 approved with PD as May 2004. I have already started a new PERM EB2 from same company in order to port PD. I have not reached to the stage where I can apply I140 (under EB2) to actually start porting PD. With the new rule of "21st May 2007", I am not sure how would my case be treated? Can somebody shed some light on this?

Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
ARUNRAMANATHAN will become famous soon enough
Default Question - Follow Up

If we have a new Merit based system introduced

Does this mean that No more PERM and i-140 ?
Just the Merit Based System and Port PD to that system ?

Hmmm then people like me and others who are in the 8 th yr ext can renew the Visa....

I am in the same situvation have to change firm ...from A to B with approved 140 from A.

BS ...This is quite frustrating; you move in due to economical reasons ... wait wait to get the so called green card during that time you bite to fingers for to maintain the status from the blood suckers .... now these so called law makers who say you were supposed to work for 6 yrs now go back ...seriously I wish I had more powers than I have now ! Sorry guys to express my frsutrations ! !

Arun

Old 05-22-2007, 09:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/31/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute little_willy has a reputation beyond repute

What will happen to people who already made the move hoping to preserve their priority date from previous employer? Isn't this unfair to these folks. Do you think they may be exempt from this? I wish at least.

Old 05-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
adde72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_willy
What will happen to people who already made the move hoping to preserve their priority date from previous employer? Isn't this unfair to these folks. Do you think they may be exempt from this? I wish at least.

I assume USICS will accept the Labor's and I 140 until in the old form until the merit based system was introduced .I assume the transition will be like the introduction of PERM

Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute pd_recapturing has a reputation beyond repute
Default please advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd_recapturing
In my case, I have my EB3 labor and I140 approved with PD as May 2004. I have already started a new PERM EB2 from same company in order to port PD. I have not reached to the stage where I can apply I140 (under EB2) to actually start porting PD. With the new rule of "21st May 2007", I am not sure how would my case be treated? Can somebody shed some light on this?
Can someone please answer this ?

Closed Thread