Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default Updated USCIS website online - not a huge help

The updated USCIS website is online now (partially - case status online is available). Unfortunately, there's not a lot to be pleased about with this effort. It only provides the information most of us already know.

A graphical representation of the step at which the case is along with canned explanations doesn't do much to help applicants/petitioners (more so when the case status provided is incorrect). Nor does the ability to get SMS updates - a small step forward, but no extra information provide, imho.

What does everyone else think of this effort at more efficient e-governance by the Obama administration? What kind of details are you looking for?

jazz
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default The new one

The new one is just a html and style sheet update.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Who teold you

That there will be more information on the new website. Chillout and dont make a big deal out of it..

Old 09-21-2009, 04:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of JazzByTheBay has much to be proud of
Default When you've learnt to spell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_desi_gc View Post
That there will be more information on the new website. Chillout and dont make a big deal out of it..
Believe this USCIS annoucement raised everyone's hopes of actually having a spiffy new Case Status Online (CSO) that would actually provide more information, perhaps even the ability to open a service request online, and god forbid - some real interaction with a customer service rep/immigration officer:
Redesigning USCIS.gov

Excerpt:
Quote:
  • A customer-centric homepage that provides applicants with a “one-stop shop” of immigration services information.
  • Simplified navigation and improved search capability.
  • Enhanced customer service tools including expanded Case Status Online with both email and text functionality.
  • Information that is written clearly and meets the needs of our customers.
And when you've had a chance to remove your foot from your mouth, perhaps do a serious assessment of where that attitude gets you in life.

jazz
Proud member of IV California/NorCal
I was in Washington, D.C.

on Sep 18th 2007

---------------------------------------------

Old 09-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

What else can you expect from USCIS ? Lo...

Old 09-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold jamesbond007 is a splendid one to behold
Default Wow!! Its beautiful

What a wonderful re-design. It even has the statue of liberty in the background.
Absolutely fantastic.
And to boot, they even beat their own timeline and released the upgraded site before their announced date of 22nd September.

To all who think updated data will be published on 22nd: keep dreaming.
Think about it. It would be lot of work to represent two datasets(the second one supposedly having more information as some have suggested) in a single interface. Why would they go thru the pain of setting up the interface with old data for only a day when they know updated data is only a day away??

All this would do is to trumpet the new site as one more achievement of USCIS that it came out ahead of scheduled release.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future vkrishn has a brilliant future
Default It creates more confusion!

I got a RFE on Sep 4th 2008 to which a response was sent and USCIS received it on Sep 22nd 2008 and from the previous online status message it atleast said "Response received, case processing has resumed".

Now with the so called " Customer friendly/ease of use" new website, when i check my case status online it says "RFE". I am hoping it means nothing has changed and its not a "NEW" RFE.

Need a better system.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts nrk is infamous around these parts

Only UI changes, I was expecting the state to be shown in or the exact description

Old 09-29-2009, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manusingh can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Only UI changes, I was expecting the state to be shown in or the exact description
the new website shows, Intial review for the pending I485 application. what does this initial review means. It means its not preadjuicated. Or it is same like the old version of pending application.