Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light WaitingForMyGC is a glorious beacon of light
Default CNN takes down Lou Dobbs Web site link

NEW YORK - Following a protest, CNN has removed a link from its Web site to an organization that is raising money to fight illegal immigration.

The link to smalltowndefenders.com was included on Lou Dobbs' home page. Dobbs has used his early evening show as a platform to protest illegal immigration, and he's being profiled Sunday on "60 Minutes" about this fight.

An advocacy group, the National Institute for Latino Policy, protested that Dobbs' on-air advocacy was expanding to include an endorsement of raising money for an organization.

After getting a letter from the group, CNN chief executive Jim Walton agreed to remove the link, CNN spokeswoman Christa Robinson said Friday
Monthly $5 Contribution

"Success is not an event; itís a process"
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
badluck is an unknown quantity at this point

bump

Old 12-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pyaradesi is a splendid one to behold pyaradesi is a splendid one to behold pyaradesi is a splendid one to behold pyaradesi is a splendid one to behold pyaradesi is a splendid one to behold pyaradesi is a splendid one to behold pyaradesi is a splendid one to behold

Just a thought, can we rope in Thomas Friendman and Sheela Murthy to engage Lou? Do you remember that Rahul Bose movie Shaurya? Just as KK Menon had life changing experience that sowed the seed of hatred, does Lou also have something similar? Or may be Lou probably needs some tacos and butter chicken.
Can we leverage CNN-IBN to address Lou?

Last edited by pyaradesi; 12-24-2008 at 03:13 PM.

Old 12-25-2008, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold

Lou Dobbs is a bastard, I don't plan to start a new thread or talk about this bastard. I wish he will born as my dog in his next life.

Mr.Lou Dobbs s**k my d***.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuristic View Post
Lou Dobbs at CNN is doing a quick vote to justify his oppinions against amnesty. So far, the majority of the vote is "against" rather than "for". I myself am not a big fan of the proposal becauses it deminishes efforts put in by legal immigrats like ourselves but regardless consider it necessary for us to support as it currently is the only bill alive including retrogression relief along with amnesty.

Media generates publicity by twisting a small fraction of reality. Imagine what Lou would say if he gets a unanimous vote against amnesty. I am sure he will make the best of it to promote negativism towards any relief efforts regardless of it being amnesty or retrogression relief. Please go to the URL below and cast your support vote!

Question: Do you believe Congress should first demand that our borders and ports be secured before taking up immigration reform?

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/

Old 08-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of drirshad has much to be proud of
Default CNN Network Refuses Dobbs' Promotion of Birther Conspiracies Ad

This is what makes this country so great, nobody is above justice.

CNN Running Scared: Network Refuses to Air Media Matters ' Ad Calling for Accountability for Dobbs' Promotion of Birther Conspiracies | Media Matters for America

CNN Running Scared: Network Refuses to Air Media Matters' Ad Calling for Accountability for Dobbs' Promotion of Birther Conspiracies

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
CONTACT: Jess Levin (202) 772-8162 / jlevin@mediamatters.org

Washington, D.C. -- Today, Media Matters for America responded to the news that CNN has refused to air a Media Matters ad calling on the network to credibly address Lou Dobbs' continued promotion of birther conspiracy theories. A CNN spokesperson reportedly told the Politico, "CNN retains the right to object to any ad run by the cable operator on our network whose purpose is to attack CNN or our employees."

Watch "CNN's Dobbs Problem": Dobbs Conspiracy.

"This seems like the actions of a network desperate to provide cover for its primetime host rather than living up to its standard of being the most trusted name in news," said Eric Burns, president of Media Matters. "If the ad is accurate -- and we know that it is -- then there is no reason for CNN to block it from its airwaves."

Dobbs Conspiracy