Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Sugar is on a distinguished road
Default Why AILA not suing State Dept. or USCIS for other issues

Why AILA not suing State Dept. or USCIS for other issues... read a letter posted by someone in a forum

To AILF/AILA,

I appreciate your effort in filing lawsuit on behalf of July I-485 filers.

There are several critics on your July I-485 lawsuit. They criticize that you are doing for the benefit of your members (AILA). Definitely, your members will be benefited by huge amount of legal fees. Also, the critic says it is waste of time.

Even one of your reputed member (Rajiv Khanna @ immigration.com) posted in his website that chance of winning the law suit is very minimum.

He posted in his website as follows: "Please note folks, I donít think this class will be easily approved by courts. CIS could argue a lot of things against it, which I donít wish to publish in an open forum."

Why you cannot sue for the people who struck at Consulate due to administrative process without probable cause.

Several of them working in U.S (they have proof of employment, pay stubs, worked in the U.S on H1B visa for many years) just went to their home country for short vacation and applied for visa; they have rented house in the U.S and unable to break the lease; unable to pay car dues; their U.S citizen children also held overseas; they are loosing their jobs. State department is holding these visa application for more than a year in several cases.

What steps AILA has taken in this issue. If not, why you are not aware of this issue or why you are not giving importance. Do you think this issue will not bring such a huge legal fee like I-485 lawsuit?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar
Why AILA not suing State Dept. or USCIS for other issues... read a letter posted by someone in a forum

To AILF/AILA,

There are several critics on your July I-485 lawsuit. They criticize that you are doing for the benefit of your members (AILA). Definitely, your members will be benefited by huge amount of legal fees. Also, the critic says it is waste of time.

Even one of your reputed member (Rajiv Khanna @ immigration.com) posted in his website that chance of winning the law suit is very minimum.

He posted in his website as follows: "Please note folks, I donít think this class will be easily approved by courts. CIS could argue a lot of things against it, which I donít wish to publish in an open forum."

Why you cannot sue for the people who struck at Consulate due to administrative process without probable cause.

Several of them working in U.S (they have proof of employment, pay stubs, worked in the U.S on H1B visa for many years) just went to their home country for short vacation and applied for visa; they have rented house in the U.S and unable to break the lease; unable to pay car dues; their U.S citizen children also held overseas; they are loosing their jobs. State department is holding these visa application for more than a year in several cases.

What steps AILA has taken in this issue. If not, why you are not aware of this issue or why you are not giving importance. Do you think this issue will not bring such a huge legal fee like I-485 lawsuit?
Do you have the number of people who held like that ?Most of the people are struck because of the Name Check which USCIS cannt also do any thing because of security .

VB fiasco was done due to the mis communication between DOS and USCIS and it effected nearly 700k people ..thats the reason .No body is paying AILA for the 485 lawsuit

Old 07-10-2007, 02:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute

This being your first post on this forum, I'd like to advise that you include URL in your post otherwise one might think you are making this up.

Quote:

To AILF/AILA,

Old 07-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough PD_Dec2002 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Corrections.

1. RK is no longer a member of AILA.

2. Also, in this specific quote, RK is not talking about the outcome of the law suit. He's only talking about the chance of the court accepting the defined "class".

On a separate note, RK has mentioned on several occasions, winning the lawsuit is a long shot. You can even hear his recorded conference call from last week.

Thanks,
Jayant