Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
huggybear2679 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Social Security Benefits/Taxes/Greencard - HELP

Hi All
Here is the situation.

My parents moved to the US in 1998. They opened a Corporation like every other Immigrant and worked through that Corporation. Corporate Taxes were paid EVERY YEAR.

In 2002 they were advised to start paying some Personal Taxes so they did that...LUCKILY.

Anyway, in 2007 they got their Greencard...woohoo!!!

Now the situation is that my Dad has Cancer He received his Social Security Statement which shows he is about 20credits short of getting any Disability or Medicare/Medicaid benefits. He is 62 yrs of age presently.

What can we do?

Our Tax Accountant said he can go back to 1998 and file amended returns so that my dad can file W2's for the missing years and therefore get SS credit.

My issue is - their SS Card till they got their Greencard said "NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT".

So....if they go back and file amended returns - will this cause a Greencard issue or future Citizenship issue?

Is there any way around this mess?

Is there any other way he can get Disability or Medicare?

Sorry if this is confusing or too much information.

HELP!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote