Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Moldova
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chisinau is infamous around these parts chisinau is infamous around these parts chisinau is infamous around these parts
Unhappy Two processes parallel - US GC & Canadian PR

I started the US immigration in 2006, PD-September 2006, by CP, EB3ROW. DS230 renewed 3 times since then... a couple of months ago I applied to Canadian PR, now I am waiting for my interview date. So I have two processes parallel - US GC & Canadian PR. My question is : How these two immigrations can jeopardise each other?
Logicaly I will attend the Canadian interview first, will they ask me about US immigration? should I tell the truth? Will they deny the PR because of the GC process?
Presume that I have successfuly done with canadians and have landed in Canada with my PR in 8-10 months from now, and suddenly, I,ve got an invitation to the GC interview... Does the fact that I have a Can. PR will kill my future GC and at the interview they will deny and cancell my case? Or The interview will be successful and I will have my GC, but somewere in the future there is a point where I should refuse one - GC or PR?
I should mention that the GC is the choise No1 , and PR is a plan "B"...
I believe that my situation is not unique, but now I am out side the US and in my country it is difficult to find a competent lawer. So I hope that somebody from this forum could answer my questions.
Appreciate all useful answers and ancillary information.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 02-02-2009, 01:28 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Could everyone help add useful content here
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ind...da_Immigration

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ind...ia_Immigration

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 03-15-2009, 01:14 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

A request to the community:

Could some of you spend a few minutes to help the community interested ini Immigration to Canada/australia etc by posting useful information in IV wiki

http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/index.php/

Thanks a lot

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 04-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CR1 is on a distinguished road

delete

Last edited by CR1; 04-19-2009 at 08:05 PM.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
brightlouise is infamous around these parts brightlouise is infamous around these parts
Default I think I'm one of them!

My family has been here for almost 3 years on an L1A (senior manager, higher professional) and my employer would like to transfer us back leaving no-one to do the job here (?), and to potentially make me redundant there in restructuring as my previous role has disappeared. There is a US shortage of my finance skills. But how to stay and continue contributing to the economy???

This is what I understand as Green card application options:

Family Based Immigration – I have no American relatives, so not applicable;
Employment Based Immigration – this should be the easiest route as I am a Manager of multinational companies supervising the work of other supervisory, professional or managerial employees (first preference) and/or Manager who manages an essential function, department or subdivision (second preference. The question is can this only be achieved by my company making an application be transfer my L1A to a green card, or is there something I can personally do? Not that I can find out....
Green Card Lottery! Not available to UK citizens;
Investors: Would need $500,000 $1million – not in our range, unfortunately!
We also do not qualify for adoption, diplomatic status, asylum, refugee or special immigrant status.

So my understanding is that the only open route to a green card at the moment is my employer applying to convert the L1A.

If that doesn’t happen, maybe I could (if possible!) find another employer willing to sponsor me for a visa, and if so, would it have to then have to be “H”? If that’s true and I can achieve it, can I then apply for my own green card from my H status, and is it correct that it will expire in a total of 7 years, including the 3 I have spent under L1A status? I also had a period under L1B status from 2000-2002 – is that relevant to time or anything? Who knows....

Additionally, what is the mysterious “Adjustment of Status” application – who can file that and in what circumstances – what are the working rights under that one? Maybe I should do that while I'm still here, but finding out what it does is not easy.

If anyone has any great ideas of any potential route for my happily settled, American-loving, consumer spending, economy stimulating family to be able to stay longer, I'd love to hear about it.

Just seems like the wrong people are being kept out.....
Thanks

Old 04-20-2009, 02:41 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
morchu is infamous around these parts morchu is infamous around these parts morchu is infamous around these parts morchu is infamous around these parts

Buddy, You have a lot of reading to do.

Adjustment of Status/I-485 is the final stage of any GreenCard petition, when you file from inside USA.

1. Only EMPLOYER can file the first few stages of an employment based petition (except for EB1s, but not via L1A).
2. For EB1 via L1A (multinational manager), still you need full support from employer regarding your future "permanent" Employment position as multinational manager.
3. H1B - you maybe a bit late for this. This years (Oct 1 2009 - Sep 30 2010), quota is "almost" over. So the best chance you may be able to "apply for H1B" is 04/01/2010 and the best chance of "starting to work in H1B" is 10/01/2010. So basically you just cannot work for another employer till OCT 2010. I believe your employer "may not" keep in in L1A till then.

So your options are:

1. EB1 as "Outstanding Researcher" or somebody who has extreme success in his filed. (Extremely difficult to get, without a good case). Do some readings yourself and see whether you qualify.

2. Do your research now, keep some options and contacts open. Go back to UK for now. Get the new job in USA for October 2010. Apply for H1B in Apr 2010. Come back in H1B.

3. Get a job offer from an US company. Go back to UK. Let them apply for your Green Card in EB2 category. You wait back home for almost an year. You probably might get your Green Card approved, even before October 2010, since you can bypass the big que by most of the Indians and Chinese here waiting for 10 or more years in EB2 application.

-Morchu

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightlouise View Post
My family has been here for almost 3 years on an L1A (senior manager, higher professional) and my employer would like to transfer us back leaving no-one to do the job here (?), and to potentially make me redundant there in restructuring as my previous role has disappeared. There is a US shortage of my finance skills. But how to stay and continue contributing to the economy???

This is what I understand as Green card application options:

Family Based Immigration – I have no American relatives, so not applicable;
Employment Based Immigration – this should be the easiest route as I am a Manager of multinational companies supervising the work of other supervisory, professional or managerial employees (first preference) and/or Manager who manages an essential function, department or subdivision (second preference. The question is can this only be achieved by my company making an application be transfer my L1A to a green card, or is there something I can personally do? Not that I can find out....
Green Card Lottery! Not available to UK citizens;
Investors: Would need $500,000 $1million – not in our range, unfortunately!
We also do not qualify for adoption, diplomatic status, asylum, refugee or special immigrant status.

So my understanding is that the only open route to a green card at the moment is my employer applying to convert the L1A.

If that doesn’t happen, maybe I could (if possible!) find another employer willing to sponsor me for a visa, and if so, would it have to then have to be “H”? If that’s true and I can achieve it, can I then apply for my own green card from my H status, and is it correct that it will expire in a total of 7 years, including the 3 I have spent under L1A status? I also had a period under L1B status from 2000-2002 – is that relevant to time or anything? Who knows....

Additionally, what is the mysterious “Adjustment of Status” application – who can file that and in what circumstances – what are the working rights under that one? Maybe I should do that while I'm still here, but finding out what it does is not easy.

If anyone has any great ideas of any potential route for my happily settled, American-loving, consumer spending, economy stimulating family to be able to stay longer, I'd love to hear about it.

Just seems like the wrong people are being kept out.....
Thanks

Old 06-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tracke is infamous around these parts tracke is infamous around these parts
Default how can i use mkproper command

Can you please sujjest how can i use mkproper command . i mean in build directory or in source directory.

Old 06-28-2011, 01:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jewelrygold is on a distinguished road
Default Immigration in Canada, Aus., UK etc Vs USA All ques and discussions

What happens when you lose your job in TN1? Do you have time to find another job? You automatically become a tourist visa or if you must leave and return?

Old 08-15-2011, 12:59 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute ronhira has a reputation beyond repute

u r too dum to think that people will fall for u'r advertisement..... apply online? what does that do? ead will still take 91+ days. ap will still take 300+ days. green card will still take 2+ centuries.... how will applying online speed up..... is this link not of some lawyer's website? so new tool to attract fresh meat for immigration lawyer..... isn't it?

maybe people have grown smart enough not to get fooled with the catchy name - "american immigration center".... u got to think of other tricks to get fresh meat for your million dollar mill......

Quote:
Originally Posted by laszlonagy View Post
Hey guys,

i just found this great website. You can apply online for your green card, employment authorization, travel document, etc. Check it out. APPLICATION CENTER » AMERICAN IMMIGRATION CENTER
Only $175

Closed Thread