Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
modefrau is on a distinguished road
Question Labor Certification -NonRIR process

hello guys,
I hope you can enlighten me!
My background: 7th year ext of H1B, LC filed 12/04 under NON-RIR/no Perm, 45-day letter received 8/05, work in NYC as Fashion Designer.

What is freaking me out about the LC is the thing about posting job in newspapers, getting resumes, my boss having to interview these people and then my boss/my lawyer having to come up with reasons to reject them....(sorry, if this decription is a bit oversimplified..)

yes, I am very good in what I do and I fill the exact criteria, and in my creative field it is about showing a portfolio and creative work that one does and not so much about if the resume fits the minimum criteria that are necessary for this job...
so logically, there must be a lot of people out there that have the necessary qualifications for my job as stated on the LC, but that might not work out bc they do not have the right creative element for what my co. is looking for...

so how on earth could one make the case that they cannot find at least one qualified person for this job other than me?
it is mindboggling to me every time I think about it....

Am I just driving myself crazy thinking about this, or do the laywers know certain "tricks" to reject people based on technicalities? Does my boss really have to interview people and who checks how many resumes are coming in? I mean they could just say, "Oh, we got 10 resumes and none of those were US citizens or GC holders, so none of them work", when we really got 50 resumes ....
I am sorry if I am rambling, but this has been on my mind for a long time and noone I spoke to could give me a good answer....
can anyone put me at ease?
thanks
modefrau
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
xu1 is on a distinguished road
Default i don't have answer for you.

I don't have an answer for you modefrau, but I do sympathesize with you. I'm going through the perm process, and I had the same questions that how would an employer rejects resumes based on a rather simplistic job description.. Fortunately my employer is in the process of hiring more people and maybe this alleviates the intended rejection a bit.

In your case, as long as the lawyer is competent and your employer is indeed sponsoring you with true intention, I think you should be fine.. Don't fret over all this as this is really not up to us.. Let's hope this on-going debate of reform in the congress will eventually help out every EB immigrant in the tunnel. While hoping, let's work with the IV and do our own part to make the dream come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by modefrau
hello guys,
I hope you can enlighten me!
My background: 7th year ext of H1B, LC filed 12/04 under NON-RIR/no Perm, 45-day letter received 8/05, work in NYC as Fashion Designer.

What is freaking me out about the LC is the thing about posting job in newspapers, getting resumes, my boss having to interview these people and then my boss/my lawyer having to come up with reasons to reject them....(sorry, if this decription is a bit oversimplified..)

yes, I am very good in what I do and I fill the exact criteria, and in my creative field it is about showing a portfolio and creative work that one does and not so much about if the resume fits the minimum criteria that are necessary for this job...
so logically, there must be a lot of people out there that have the necessary qualifications for my job as stated on the LC, but that might not work out bc they do not have the right creative element for what my co. is looking for...

so how on earth could one make the case that they cannot find at least one qualified person for this job other than me?
it is mindboggling to me every time I think about it....

Am I just driving myself crazy thinking about this, or do the laywers know certain "tricks" to reject people based on technicalities? Does my boss really have to interview people and who checks how many resumes are coming in? I mean they could just say, "Oh, we got 10 resumes and none of those were US citizens or GC holders, so none of them work", when we really got 50 resumes ....
I am sorry if I am rambling, but this has been on my mind for a long time and noone I spoke to could give me a good answer....
can anyone put me at ease?
thanks
modefrau

Old 05-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
FrankZulu is just really nice FrankZulu is just really nice FrankZulu is just really nice FrankZulu is just really nice

xu1,

Coming up with a Job description for advertisment is itself a creative thing. Ask yourself certain questions and you will yourself come up with a good description.

Which of your job duties/Skills are rare in market but you possess those skills.

If you have some certification in you field your co. can make that as one of the requirements. If not go for a certification.

Hope this helps you.