Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Member's Only Forum > State Chapters > North Carolina (NC)
Click to log in with Facebook
North Carolina (NC) North Carolina (NC)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future
Default DL extension in NC using EAD or AP

Hello Guys,

DMV in north carolina is not accepting EAD or AP to give the license. All they are blindly asking for is a I-94, we will not have a valid i-94 unless we go out of the country and come back. Luckily, i had my h1 extension until 2010 july and a i-94 attached to it and was able to get the license extended till then.

Please share your experience.
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute mantagon has a reputation beyond repute
Default I got my DL (OH) renewed for 4 years...

...based on my pending I-485 recently. Here's how it happened:-

Me: I want to renew my DL.
BMV Clerk: Can I see your immigration docs?
Me: I showed the I-797 showing the Adjustment of Status application receipt (even though I've an EAD valid until Aug '10).
BMV Clerk: Does not understand; calls the Manager.
BMV Manager: Looks at the Receipt Date (July 2007) and remarks that since it is the state law to renew a DL for 1 year from the Receipt Date and that it is almost 2 years now, they are unable to renew my DL!!
Me: I explain that my AOS application is still pending and that for certain countries, it can take anywhere between 5-10 years to get a Green Card.
BMV Manager: Understands my situation - but says can't do anything as it is the law, unless I can get a new I-797 showing that my application is still pending!
Me: I explain to him that USCIS only gives such a receipt only once. Then I ask him is he could call someone in the State Dept and find out?
BMV Manager: Calls up the State Dept. and talks to a personnel. Spends about 15 mins explaining the situation - gives my Receipt Number to the person and then after another 10 mins or so hangs up! Then, he informs me that I shall be happy to know that they can do a renewal for 4 years in my case!!
Me: Jumping with joy - thank the Manager for his help!

Old 06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts
Default Your statement is correct

We had similar experience, EAD was accepted in place of i-94 and 797...this was in the state of Missouri...

BTW: another way of harrashing immigrants, many now have valid documents from 3 months till max of 2 years...meaning every Yr people will end up paying money...

Old 06-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/07/2007
Compare
deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts deepakjain is infamous around these parts
Default A week back

One of my friends was given 4 months extension on DL...that was based on EAD which is valid till Sept end...

now for my friend his DL will be valid till the validity of his EAD....so every yr or every alternate Yr he will renew his DL as well.......

Same will happen to me after Jul 2010...