Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Member's Only Forum > State Chapters > Oregon (OR)
Click to log in with Facebook
Oregon (OR) Oregon (OR)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oregonians, are you attending the April event?

We urgently need folkd from OR to attend the April event, are you going? Can you help support someone to attend? This is the time.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2011, 06:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute Robert Kumar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goosetavo View Post
We urgently need folkd from OR to attend the April event, are you going? Can you help support someone to attend? This is the time.
Please let me know the event and agenda. I'm interested abd may be there in OR very soon,

Old 03-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute jjava100 has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration Voice: Announces Advocacy days in Washington DC in April.

Immigration Voice in its continued efforts to find legislative and administrative fixes is holding Advocacy Days in Washington DC on Monday, April 4th and Tuesday, April 5th.

2011 is a crucial year to get the fix needed to clear the backlogs and allow for our high skilled immigrants to get the relief needed. We need to capitalize on the opportunity to push for legislation now, as it is unlikely to have any favorable immigration bill to be brought for the next 2-3 years (Primary campaigns, Presidential campaigns will take priority).

IVís vision is to hold more than 400 meetings with the legislator offices both in the House and the Senate. We will also be holding meetings with senior administration officials working on immigration issues. As a grassroots organization we need members from all across the country to register, participate in the advocacy event, bring awareness on our issues and seek a positive vote on our provisions from the legislators.

We aim to resolve this issue but we cannot do it alone and therefore it is imperative for everyone, and by that we mean EVERY ONE to participate in one way or the other. If you wanted to be a part of the past events but couldnít, then now is your chance to make your voices heard and fight for a fair system and just process. Always remember, we are in United States at the invitation of our employers and our employers have filed our green card petitions in order to retain us. It is only fair and only just to ask for a system that achieves that objective without delays and without putting the immigrants in probationary limbo for 6-12 years. And it is your obligation to yourself and your family to stand up for your rights and ask Congress to legislate and fix the system so that it works the way it was originally intended to work.

Our previous efforts such as the June Advocacy 2010, September Advocacy and Rally 2007, Flower campaign, San Jose Rally, and many intermediary mini advocacy events in DC has allowed us to be one step closer to the goal. We need to make this upcoming event as a final push for reform. The Presidentís STOU address and feedback from Lawmaker meetings have provided us the encouragement to pursue this endeavor. As many of our members know, the efforts in our last advocacy days are consequential in how we are perceived by the lawmaker offices. IV calls upon members who participated previously to provide their input on the need for advocacy efforts and persuade many others to join in.

Immigration Voice will arrange for meetings, advocacy material, and other logistics necessary for all the events during the Advocacy Days. All you have to do is show up. We request our members to come in on Saturday, April 2nd for orientation and training. Please make arrangements to carpool (for driving distances), book airline tickets, and contact friends in DC/MD area to host you. IV will not sponsor your travel and stay for this event. We expect each one of you to take the initiative and stand up for yourself and your family and use this opportunity to ask lawmakers to act on high-skilled immigration issue.

Our efforts have to be of a massive scale, we need members from every State to participate in the event. To be successful we need more than 200 members attending meetings. We also need to know in advance on your attendance. Please take the time to talk to your employers, arrange for a leave of absence, and register for the event as soon as possible. Make every possible attempt to be in DC.

To conduct such an effort, IV also needs contributions. Our estimated cost is around $50,000 for the event. We need generous contributions from our members, especially from members who are unable to make it to the DC event. To be clear, all one time contributions starting from February 1st will be considered as a contribution to the advocacy event. All the recurring donations will continue to go towards Donor forum access. Our advocacy event costs will be on top of our regular costs and we need to pay for both.

Please register here.

Poster to spread the word..

Other details are to follow.

IV Team.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute goosetavo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Kumar View Post
Please let me know the event and agenda. I'm interested abd may be there in OR very soon,

Just to be clear, the event is in Washington DC in April, and we need more folks from OR to sign up to attend. We currently have ZERO confirmed.