Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2010, 09:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1buser76 is infamous around these parts
Default Reg:H1B Transfers, stamping and POE issues after Jan 8 Memo

Hi,

I heard that there are H!B stamping issues after the Jan 9 memo. I also heard that H1B holders are being scrutinized at the POE and some are also being deported back to India, especially from Newark and JFK. I know a friend who went to India for stamping. He was on H1B for 2 years here and was never on bench. He was subjected to intense scrutiny at the POE in Newark and was ultimately deported. What could be the reasons for such issues at POE even with a valid H1B status and proper employment and pay stubs. Please post your experiences and ur views in this regard.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute Rb_newsletter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Give more details

Can you throw more light on this incident? Since the victim is your friend it wouldn't be difficult to get more details.

When did this happen? Date & Time
Where did this happen? POE
Was your friend working full-time or consulting company? If consulting was he working for direct client or was there any layers in between?
What was the reason for denial of entry?
Was he asked/forced to sign any document at POE by CBP?
Did he sign any papers?
What is his position as of now? Did he approach a lawyer? What was lawyer's advice?

So far Immigration Voice can't find a real case to talk to CBP and is looking for one. Will your friend be interested in taking immigration voice's help to fight against his deportation?

Sorry if I am asking too many questions. But there were couple of threads earlier and people called those as rumors because there was no real person reported them. All were reported as stories of friend's friend's friend.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough
Default hi

Hi,
Arent all these rumorss?
Have read such threads but noone has given any real factual info.Is this really happening or just : "heard from someone" info?

If anyone has any facts ,please inform,else dont create fear please!

Old 01-31-2010, 09:29 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1buser76 View Post
Hi,

I heard that there are H!B stamping issues after the Jan 9 memo. I also heard that H1B holders are being scrutinized at the POE and some are also being deported back to India, especially from Newark and JFK. I know a friend who went to India for stamping. He was on H1B for 2 years here and was never on bench. He was subjected to intense scrutiny at the POE in Newark and was ultimately deported. What could be the reasons for such issues at POE even with a valid H1B status and proper employment and pay stubs. Please post your experiences and ur views in this regard.
Please contact IV with details of 'your friend' /ask a friend to contact IV immediately.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 01-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/26/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of uma001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hi,

Why did you never post on IV before?
Why are you interested to know about others views?
Have your read two other threads on this topic?

Total contributions $120

Old 02-01-2010, 05:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1buser76 is infamous around these parts

He was deported from Newark airport 3 weeks ago.

He told me that officer was very rude and put forth many tricky questions.

The officer felt that he had not asnwered the questions satisfactorily and hence he was sent back with the possibilty of return at a later date.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was deported from Newark airport 3 weeks ago.

He told me that officer was very rude and put forth many tricky questions.

The officer felt that he had not asnwered the questions satisfactorily and hence he was sent back with the possibilty of return at a later date.
This does not answer the question above.
Please ask your friend to contact IV ASAP or you can contact us ASAP.

We will delete this thread if we do not hear back, as we believe such fake threads only add fuel to rumors.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------