Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default 6 Years in H1B - Try O-1 visa

O-1 VISA, OPTION FOR H1B HOLDERS WHOSE H1B STATUS WILL EXPIRE BY THE SIXTH YEAR -VIABLE OPTION FOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROFESSIONALS OR OTHER H1B STATUS HOLDERS

The O-1 visa is an ideal temporary work visa for an individual who possesses extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics. The USCIS makes a determination that an individual is eligible for the O-1 visa if the individual demonstrates national or international acclaim and intends to continue to work in the area of extraordinary ability. The intial grant of the O-1 visa is for three years with extensions in one year increments subsequently. The one year extensions can continue indefinitely.The H1b is valid for a total stay in the US of six years. Individuals who have filed for the perm process and have the perm labor pending for over one year prior to the expiration of the six year H1b stay are eligible to extend the H1b stay in one year increments beyond the sixth year. Often times, we have seen foreign nationals running out of the H1b stay period and being forced to return to the home country as their perm labor has been filed late and is pending for under one year. The foreign nationals do have some options; if the spouse is on H1b for less than the six year period, the foreign national can switch to the H4 dependent status. The foreign national should also ensure that he/she has recaptured all days phycially spend out of the US which will not count towards the six year h1b stay period. Now if the foreign national does not have such options as abovementioned and seeks to continue to work in the US, another option can be the O-1 visa.The requirement of the O-1 visa are specified below and H1b holders have been successful in changing status to the O-1 visa based on the fact that they demonstrated extraordinary ability in the sciences/ business and national or international acclaim and recognition for achievements in the field of expertise. Such individuals who feel they meet the requirements must demonstrate:

Evidence includes receipt of a major, internationally recognized award; or at least three of the following:

1. Documentation of the alien's receipt of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in the field of endeavor;

2. Documentation of the alien's membership in associations in the field for which classification is sought, which require outstanding achievements of their members, as judged by recognized national or international experts in their disciplines or fields;

3. Published material in professional or major trade publications or major media about the alien, relating to the alien's work in the field for which classification is sought, which shall include the title, date, and author of such published material, and any necessary translation;

4. Evidence of the alien's participation on a panel, or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or in an allied field of specialization to that for which classification is sought;

5. Evidence of the alien's original scientific, scholarly, or business-related contributions of major significance in the field;

6. Evidence of the alien's authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional journals, or other major media;

7. Evidence that the alien has been employed in a critical or essential capacity for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation;

8. Evidence that the alien has either commanded a high salary or will command a high salary or other remuneration for services, evidenced by contracts or other reliable evidence. An indiviudal in the information technolgoy field can provide evidence: of an award demonstrating excellence in the information technology field membership in an association requirement outstanding achievements by the individual in order to be a qualifying member of the organization; published material; etc.
An individual who has demonstrated great strives in the field can most likely meet these requirement.Hence the O-1 visa should not be discounted as an option.

Last edited by dealsnet; 02-16-2010 at 03:15 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future sdrblr has a brilliant future

If any one (most of them) meets 3 of those criteria, they would have applied under EB1 or would care less about the whole pain and suffering in this journey and pack....

those guys will not be here reading this -

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default Eb1

For EB1 (non-multinational managers), need at least a PhD. O-1 need advancement of skills in their respective field. That is why they want to see the publishments. So, if you are very good in your field, US will keep you here. Real good intelligent people can have this option. I want to see how many IV members are used O-1 visa. If any one out there, please share your experience. I have seen one person with O-1 visa asked some questions in this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrblr View Post
If any one (most of them) meets 3 of those criteria, they would have applied under EB1 or would care less about the whole pain and suffering in this journey and pack....

those guys will not be here reading this -

Last edited by dealsnet; 02-17-2010 at 10:48 AM.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chintanshah0123 is on a distinguished road
Question Green Card

Suppose I get accepted for o1, how long do I have to wait before I apply for green card? Also can I apply for green card or I have get married here?

Hoping to hear from you guys.

Old 11-09-2016, 04:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
fifabest is on a distinguished road
Cool The Biggest Myth About fifa 17 demo review Revealed

Many protesters experienced officers at headquarters in Detroit following movie displaying 18's death -yearold Scott 'Neal, Fifasale.com Sells Cheap FIFA 17 Coins For All Platforms: xbox one, xbox 360, PC, PS3, PS4, IOS and Andriod.
an unarmed man's launch picture dead by Dallas authorities. If you would like to understand where the very best areas are to search, how-to place the top people, HOWTO make use of the person instruction element and more, head-over to my FIFA 17 scouting guide heart page - I will be incorporating more instructions soon, so keep checking back.

Real-world EASPORTS Football Club is driven by storylines through typical problems so that FIFA 17 can look, play and experience like the real-world year. From kid's games, shooting games, challenge games and also adult games, the Xbox gambling knowledge attracts all preferences.

Where gold cards can not be used being truly a card that is silver, players may use Jensen in games. Because the greater the interpenetration of your group, your people will perform better in FIFA 17, Buy Cheap FIFA 17 Points With Safe Assurance And FAST Delivery From Buyerfifa.com.
the chemistry is essential. While In The Voyage, Alex Hunter League career is impacted by your performance on the toss, as well as the decisions you make off of it. The following gaming within the FIFA collection will hit racks on June 27 in The United States and June 29 while in the remaining portion of the globe, but when you cannot delay that long you thenare in luck. A natural point between two people suggests an excellent partnership, orange a less effective one symbolizes an unhealthy appliance. One important thing that you need to note listed here is that many of these Finest Cheapest People in FIFA 17 may possibly unavailable.

Reeder told GameReactor that there be for FIFA 17 would a test available on September 13. The developer did not establish what kind of content participants can get, or which devices the test would not be unavailable for. FIFA's new story setting - at when first revealed that I frowned, - is currently going to shock folks, and not in an oh-god-not-another-Shane-Duffy-own goal technique. All people that are manual will learn the cursor switching isn't truly manual, it will quickly modify with respect to the range you go to. Like this wasn't the scenario in FIFA 17, Fifa 17 Coins For Sale | Buy Fifa 17 Points, Fut Coins - Fast Delivery
I felt. Though FIFA 17 starts on September 29 Xbox One S people will not be unable to enjoy the game via EA Entry on September 22. During embattled confident President Sepp Blatteris 17-year leadership, FIFA has mixed cash into such projects in certain of the lowest sides of the planet.