Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 07:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare
bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of
Default Insurance for pregnancy :confused:

Hi,

My sister in law will come to US using H4 visa, the problem is the health insurance does not want to cover her pregnancy since the pregnancy is already 6 months.

Any idea how to get insurance for her ?

Really appreciate your help ..

Regards.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare
bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of bbenhill has much to be proud of
Default Insurance for pregnancy

btw her location will be @ Portland, Oregon.

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenhill View Post
Hi,

My sister in law will come to US using H4 visa, the problem is the health insurance does not want to cover her pregnancy since the pregnancy is already 6 months.

Regards.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/27/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute
Default need to wait

Wait for obamacare to pass !!

Quote:

Regards

Old 03-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future dealsnet has a brilliant future
Default Talk

Talk with hospitals in your area. May be $10K for the expense, if you didn't find any insurance to cover the pre-existing condition.
Spend it to get a US citizen child or save that money and make delivery happen in India.

Quote:

Regards

Old 03-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold

usually employment based insurance cover pre-existing condition

Old 03-05-2010, 08:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/19/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute kutra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi,

Regards.
Yup, unfortunately, pregnancy is considered to be a pre-existing condition which is automatically disqualified by most insurers. Obama's healthcare would remove this sickening clause, but until then your options are (1) keep trying until you find an insurer willing to pay for the expenses or (2) fund it out of your own pocket or (3) deliver the baby in your home country.

I would go for #1 or #2.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
ss777 has a spectacular aura about ss777 has a spectacular aura about

Group insurance through an employer will not treat pregnancy as pre-existing. If group insurance is not available for this person, lookout for discount plans. Try in other states as well not just Oregon.

Old 03-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of caydee has much to be proud of
Default Do not worry!

This is not a big issue. Find out from local hospitals how much they charge for all delivery options and sign a contract with a hospital most convenient to you. They normally would accept monthly payments through the child birth. Also discuss post-birth mother and child health checks and shots. I would first look for an University Hospital in the area.

Quote:
Hi,

Regards.

Old 03-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute
Default She will be OK

Quote:
Hi,

Regards.
* Coming as H4 --> So, assuming to join a H1 or equivalent.
* Spouse must be covered by his employer.
* As soon as she arrives, she can be included in his insurance (most insurances allow open window throughout the year for new arrivals into the country)
* Pregnancy is NOT as pre-existing condition in group insurances. It is LAW.

Relax.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare

Hi, For some reason, their employment based insurance rejected their pregnancy coverage. Do you have a link that show that pregnancy is NOT a pre-existing condition in group insurances (Law website or any links?)

her pregnancy is sometime around 6 months now and they will need insurance..

Thx for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivgclive View Post
* Coming as H4 --> So, assuming to join a H1 or equivalent.
* Spouse must be covered by his employer.
* As soon as she arrives, she can be included in his insurance (most insurances allow open window throughout the year for new arrivals into the country)
* Pregnancy is NOT as pre-existing condition in group insurances. It is LAW.

Relax.

Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here is the link

Quote:
Hi, For some reason, their employment based insurance rejected their pregnancy coverage. Do you have a link that show that pregnancy is NOT a pre-existing condition in group insurances (Law website or any links?)

her pregnancy is sometime around 6 months now and they will need insurance..

Thx for your help
Frequently Asked Questions about Portability of Health Coverage and HIPAA

Find out the reason why that "Employment Insurance" rejected the coverage.

My wife was enrolled into my employment-insurance only at 7th month (2006), she did not have 'pregnancy' coverage in her previous insurance. She was covered fully (from 7th month, I paid for the scanning, blood test etc, which was a total of around $1500 till then) for my second son.

Other options are expensive, will cost at least 10K-12K if you want to pay out of your pocket.

Old 03-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Compare

Thank you sooo much .. this link will help me a lot .. I guess I can knowtry to push their insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivgclive View Post
Frequently Asked Questions about Portability of Health Coverage and HIPAA

Find out the reason why that "Employment Insurance" rejected the coverage.

My wife was enrolled into my employment-insurance only at 7th month (2006), she did not have 'pregnancy' coverage in her previous insurance. She was covered fully (from 7th month, I paid for the scanning, blood test etc, which was a total of around $1500 till then) for my second son.

Other options are expensive, will cost at least 10K-12K if you want to pay out of your pocket.

Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold hoolahoous is a splendid one to behold

please do report the outcome.